Pepsi Bottling Reviews

Updated August 26, 2014
Updated August 26, 2014

Pepsi Bottling President and CEO Eric J. Foss
Eric J. Foss

Pros
  • Good pay and benefits for company located in (in 14 reviews)

• Pepsi has good pay and benefits compared to it's rivals in Alaska (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance leaves much to be desired for the majority of the workforce (in 18 reviews)

• long hours, management has no clue as to real life challenges (in 33 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company and benefits!

Former Employee - Customer Marketing Manager  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Marketing Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Pepsi Bottling full-time for more than a year

Pros

Progressive, fast-paced, team oriented CPG company with great iconic brands. Both benefits and salaries are competitive. Would recommend working here!

Cons

Bottler integrated into PepsiCo, management changes and downsizing each year. Lots of changes, hard to keep up.

Interviewing process takes longer than expected, could be more efficient.

After corporate restructuring, provide rehiring process for downsized employees impacted due to the constant changes.

Great company with a great culture!

I worked at Pepsi Bottling full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It was my second job out of college and I learned a significant amount about how to be a good manager. I'm grateful for the time I spent there and had many mentors to show for it.

Cons

I had numerous promotions in my time with the company and my only feedback would be at the time I left there was a consolidation that made it impossible to stay. That is not a reflection on the company just a fact of big business.

Continue growing and mentoring your managers. I know many people today that have gone on to very successful careers due to the training they gained from time with Pepsi. This is a great organization!

A decent place to work (warehouse loader)

Current Employee - Warehouse Loader  in  Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Warehouse Loader in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Pepsi Bottling full-time for more than a year

Pros

After two years working as an overnight warehouse loader, I've found that Pepsi works very hard to ensure that employees are recognized and appreciated.
    Pay and benefits are good for the work we do,
    Supervision is trained almost constantly on improving themselves as managers,
    A very solid place to work, obviously Pepsi is not going anywhere.
    Employee appreciation week every year, various events held for employees through the year,
    Any problems or issued are dealt with professionally and quickly.
    Safety is extremely important to them, they supply us with clothing and safety vests/t shirts for use in the warehouse.
    Higher management seems to consider our thoughts in matters, walkthroughs to chat during shifts to ask if we have any concerns.
    Can always be honest with them.

Cons

The shift can be... A challenge at times.
    Seven pm start, not knowing from day to day How long the shift will be. Usually eight hours, holidays can be a bear. Upwards of twelve hours plus. But they show appreciation for our work with small bonuses occasionally.
    Warehouse is union while the rest of the company is not.
    Being union workers denies us small privileges such as discounts on drinks for home consumption. No big deal.
    At times, it can feel as if management is "too fair"
    An issue with another employee will of course be addressed, but sometimes lacking in corrective action.
    Long nights of throwing cases can bring personality clashes, props for dealing the best they can, but really, it's ok to offend someone from time to time.
    Preach about clean as you go, but dont follow Through when most do not do so.
    Some of the "older" delivery drivers can be...
    "Difficult"
    If a truck is not loaded to their liking, they can appear... Childish.

It's hard to please everyone, you do try, and it is appreciated, follow through on WIP principals. Instead of pulling an employee from throwing to clean an aisle during shift, watch and have the offending employee clean up after himself. Perhaps that would get the message across.
    Your supervisors do a wonderful job of dealing with the varied personalities, but personally, i think the union and its mentality should be left out of the warehouse.
    Drivers and warehouse loaders should get together once in a while to avoid the issues that arise due to improper loading or any other concerns they may have between each other. Avoids the attitude that each side is just whining.
    Otherwise, really a good place to work.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Never a dull moment

I have been working at Pepsi Bottling full-time

Pros

Great benefits, stability, opportunity for advancement

Cons

Lack of direction within each division, too many chiefs, not enough indians

Get on the same page

Better since the sales team went union

Current Employee - Account Sales Manager  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Account Sales Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Pepsi Bottling full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Knowledgeable and experienced coworkers with a solid work ethic and genuine passion for the business. Reachable sales goals. Decent pay.

Cons

Devil-may-care training process. Inexperienced and young management. Multinational company run like a mom and pop store. Shady compensation system. Low accountability for all areas except sales.

Listen to your frontline. They have more experience and have demonstrated more loyalty to this company than the vast majority of your lower and middle management. It would also go a long way to the health of your business if you opened up some tangible avenues of promotion instead of favoring college hires from such prestigious institutions as Chico State.

Great job

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Riverside, CA

I have been working at Pepsi Bottling full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great job with excellent benefits.

Cons

Long hours may be required.

Great Company

Former Employee - Merchandiser  in  Stone Mountain, GA
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Stone Mountain, GA

I worked at Pepsi Bottling full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good hours, Independent work, Good Salary, Interaction with new people.

Cons

Physical, Long days, A lot of driving

Working for this company was the absolute pitts!!

Former Employee - D Bay Delivery Driver  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - D Bay Delivery Driver in Tampa, FL

I worked at Pepsi Bottling full-time for more than a year

Pros

The only positive that I can add was my pay check was always on time.

Cons

I never knew that a Fortune 500 company could be so poorly managed until I worked for pepsi.

The work load for delivery drivers was really designed for 2 people to accomplish but in an effort to be cheap and protect their bottom line they heap all of this work on one person.

I honestly could go on and on about how horribly bad this company is but why?

Working for this company has left such a bitter taste in my mouth that I honestly won't by any Pepsi products now. When I see pepsi products.. I CRINGE! Honestly

Get in with the "in" crowd

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Saginaw, MI
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Saginaw, MI

I worked at Pepsi Bottling full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Autonomy, benefits, flexibility. In the past I have referred friends to this company but cannot do so anymore. I loved this job before the games of multiple managers looking to jump from intern to senior management started to walk in and out. There is a serious lack of stability. Only the college recruits get a serious look at advancement

Cons

Work life balance, inability to advance, continuing to take small benefits and perks from employees

Understand who made you...the little guys. Quit screwing your small stores and catering to the large chains.

Worked like a Slave

Current Employee - Bulk Customer Service Representative  in  Windsor, CT
    Current Employee - Bulk Customer Service Representative in Windsor, CT

I have been working at Pepsi Bottling full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay is fair, $17 an hour seems great at first but not worth the stress. Some co-workers are very nice and supportive. No gossipy environment because you work on your own.

Cons

Management could not care less about employees, you are worked like a slave. Forced overtime. 12 hour days are common. You will wake up at the crack of dawn, work 6am-6pm, come home, pass out. No work/life balance. Physical injuries are common. I am a small girl forced to pull pallets and lift heavy cases above my head. You ruin your car driving all around.

Care about your employees, their health safety and personal lives.

Worked for Pepsi Bottling? Contribute to the Community!