Pepsi Bottling

Be The First To
Add Photos

Pepsi Bottling President and CEO Eric J. Foss

Eric J. Foss

Pros
  • Good pay and benefits for company located in (in 14 reviews)

• Pepsi has good pay and benefits compared to it's rivals in Alaska (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance leaves much to be desired for the majority of the workforce (in 18 reviews)

• long hours, management has no clue as to real life challenges (in 33 reviews)

More Highlights

Great job

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Riverside, CA

ProsGreat job with excellent benefits.

ConsLong hours may be required.

Great Company

Merchandiser (Former Employee) Stone Mountain, GA

ProsGood hours, Independent work, Good Salary, Interaction with new people.

ConsPhysical, Long days, A lot of driving

Bulk Sales Rep

Bulk Sales (Current Employee)

ProsCompetitive salary, great benefits, numerous programs for advancement/betterment

ConsLot of hours, some questionable upper management issues,

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worked like a Slave

Bulk Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Windsor, CT

ProsPay is fair, $17 an hour seems great at first but not worth the stress. Some co-workers are very nice and supportive. No gossipy environment because you work on your own.

ConsManagement could not care less about employees, you are worked like a slave. Forced overtime. 12 hour days are common. You will wake up at the crack of dawn, work 6am-6pm, come home, pass out. No work/life balance. Physical injuries are common. I am a small girl forced to pull pallets and lift heavy cases above my head. You ruin your car driving all around.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about your employees, their health safety and personal lives.

Started as a merchandiser, was able to transfer into warehouse after 3 years

Warehouse Loader (Former Employee) Youngstown, OH

ProsPay was great, pay increases and benefits.

ConsVery hot working conditions, management!

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn better management skills and how to speak to associates

exhausted

D-bay Driver (Current Employee) Knoxville, TN

Proscompensation and benefits good, work with little supervision

Conslong hours, management has no clue as to real life challenges

Advice to Senior Managementtake care of your current employees

Large corporation with many opportunities

Maintenance (Current Employee)

ProsGood benefits, community involvement, part of something big. There is plenty of room for growth and to bring growth. Seem to care about surrounding communities.

ConsUnderstaffed on the CSD plant level, unorganized. Revolving door. Claim to be diversified but then have segregated groups working within the organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate, add more staff and organize. Management could add more staff to take care of the business. Most of the weight is carried on the shoulders of a few.

A fast-paced environment that is exciting but exhausting

Human Resources Representative (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

Pros- Great learning experience; I felt like i gained 6 years of experience in 3
    - Good metrics; I was able to use data to hold my team accountable
    - Solid policies and resources

Cons- Long hours, and roles that keep expanding with titles that keep shrinking
    - Competitive across the HR community; not a big sense of commrodery
    - Outdated technology; I didn't have a smart phone but had to use a Nextel

Advice to Senior ManagementTo drive retention in HR , rotate people into a mixutre of Generalist and Specialist roles to prevent the generalist from getting burned out. Do more to drive culture of work/life balance and if that's not an option, help add perks that make the work hours a bit easier.

Zero Work/Life Balance

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

ProsDecent pay, decent health benefits, job security if you're willing to give your life to the company.

ConsZero work/life balance, low pay for the hours worked, poor communication between senior and middle management, very little advancement opportunity without a college degree regardless of success in current role.

Keeps getting worse, always making changes.

Bulk Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

ProsDecent pay, ok benefits, job security as long as you are a decent employee. Opportunity for advancement, can transfer all over the country if you want. You know the company will be around forever.

ConsKeep making less money for same job title every year it seems. Recently doubled responsibilities but making same pay. Benefits have gotten worse every year. Never fully staffed with hourly support employees-usually don't get proper training so they move on.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive employees time to do their jobs correctly

Worked for Pepsi Bottling? Contribute to the Community!