Pepsi Bottling Ventures

Updated December 15, 2014
Updated December 15, 2014
2.3

Keith Reimer

Good start into the driving industry

Current Employee - Customer Delivery Specialist in Harrington, DE
    Current Employee - Customer Delivery Specialist in Harrington, DE

I have been working at Pepsi Bottling Ventures full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Any job is better than none, no experience needed, great job for an inexperienced driver to get some miles under his belt. local work, good job security, weekends off, no one standing over your shoulder pretending they know your job better than you

Cons

Dead end, no room for advancement, understandable high turnover rate for drivers, high expectations for drivers, expected to cater to customers beyond reason, company does not back employees, low pay for labor and expectations, low pay compared to competitors, lack leadership, no promotions, very few awards given to individuals chosen from more than one branch, benefits are sad, training is expected to be given by a driver while performing all duties and tasks, no more time given for completing an already busy summer day. The driver that is training a new hire now has a higher than normal case count on his truck due to two being present. Another person that is supposed to be properly trained and not used as a "helper"

Get your hands dirty, hire during the less busier season to have them trained before the busy season, increase pay, we deserve it

Only take a job here if you have no other options.

I have been working at Pepsi Bottling Ventures

Pros

The only con i can think of is that you have some sort of income if you work here, its nothing special.

Cons

Management has no clue what they are doing. The company is not about there employees at all. They work you as hard as they can and pay you as little as they can. There is no incentives for any employees. The company is extremely disorganized, and there is zero communication. I am still wondering how the company even stays in business. I guess its because its pepsi and people are always going to buy drinks. There is no accountability with any of the employees, I personally have never seen the morale be so low at a company. Back in the day pepsi was the company to work for, but since certain managers took over, the company went down the drain. There is no future here now either, basically a dead end job. Save yourself the tremendous aggravation and headache and dont take a job here, unless you have no other options.

Most managers need to be fired and pepsi needs to bring people in that know WHAT THE HELL THEY ARE DOING!

Use and abuse

I have been working at Pepsi Bottling Ventures full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

You can get away with a lot if you don't care

Cons

Pay, demands, lack of advancement, pay structure is non existent start at $11 hr and enjoy your 2 percent raise every year

Everyone get on the same page and consider if you would like the circumstances.

Worst job I have ever had

Current Employee - Customer Delivery Specialist in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Delivery Specialist in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Pepsi Bottling Ventures full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You get to choose to come in for 5:30 to 6:30 you get 401k health insurance life insurance dental vision

Cons

12 hours is a short day no time for lunch or breaks no help no respect for employees I literally called and told my supervisor I was so tired I didn't feel safe to drive 13 house later I barley made it back with no response from him. I now hate my life because how badly i hate my job please if you have a job look elsewhere this place will ruin you

Put two people in a truck and get more trucks so you don't have impossible days people should not have to go through this to survive

A decent company

Current Employee - Bulk Account Manager in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Bulk Account Manager in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Pepsi Bottling Ventures full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I believe in the products they well. A loyal consumer of the products prior to working for them. Gained much experience in selling and customer service.

Cons

Very, very long work days. Too long! Company is expanding the product line too fast and not deleting any of the old slow selling products in a timely manner. Product overload.

Balance the product line, please be fair with wages and compensation in the salary plus commission structure.

My experience with PBV was a real eye opener, going from a family operated business to a larger distributor.

Former Employee - Delivery Specialist in Hailey, ID
    Former Employee - Delivery Specialist in Hailey, ID

I worked at Pepsi Bottling Ventures full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Better hardware. The ability to transfer to different local.

Cons

To much bureaucracy, to often the" right hand didn't know what the left was doing".

Your employees deserve more credit

Very, Very Low Pay, 500% Micro Managed, Ruthless Vendictive Manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Pepsi Bottling Ventures full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

No Pros seen what so ever.

Cons

Very, Very low pay. Everything is totally Micro managed. You sit on a computer taking incoming food serive calls and handling out going ones. They use a dialer that is feeding calls non stop. If you need to get up and use the restroom, you must first "log out" of the phones. Thatputs you in the red "a.c.w. time" that is held against you and takes away from your so-called "bonus" for the 4 week period which usually amoints to $80 after taxes. The managers are ruthless and love to fire good people without any real cause in order to save money. Pepsi Direct is very cheap and always acts like they are broke, when in fact their parent company Pepsico is a fourtune 50 company. They have useless managers who walk around all daywhile you sit and slave away on the phones for very low pay. Very, very high tun over rate also. This place is worst than a prison. Employees are yelled and screamed at and trated like garbage. DO NOT WORK HERE!!! This job will kill you!!!

Youn need to clear house of most of the current managers. Pworked good and hard there for years romote some of the poor training associates who have worked good and hard there for years with hardly any pay!

There is no shortage of work. Soda sales have decreased over the last 5 years though.

Current Employee - Bulk Account Manager in Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Bulk Account Manager in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at Pepsi Bottling Ventures full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

minimal supervisor needed overall, its nice to talk to the public and store employees day to day

Cons

most work is weekends and holidays

Take the time to get to know your employees as people

I learned a lot of great things while working at this company. Unfortunately, they were negative influences.

Former Employee - Merchandiser
    Former Employee - Merchandiser

I worked at Pepsi Bottling Ventures full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I think the pros can be stated as such: good teammates/coworkers and the environment is great if you enjoy working by yourself or learning the job on your own.

Cons

Senior Management has an issue with being able to relate to the common man. There seems to be a disconnect with management and everyday workers.

Learn the people that actually go out and do the work. Show me how to do it and I can learn a lot better that way.

Wonderful atmosphere, wrong management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Pepsi Bottling Ventures full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great place! Great people! All types of Pepsi perks available throughout the day/week. Big on fitness & staying healthy which is great.

Cons

Management lack people skills & inter-personal skills. Wouldn't hurt to go through a few communication seminars.

Train management on communication skills.