www.pepsimidamerica.com

Updated January 16, 2015
Updated January 16, 2015
1.5

Harry L. Crisp II

The owner should sell the business to Pepsi Co.

Former Employee - Vending Technician in Paducah, KY
    Former Employee - Vending Technician in Paducah, KY

I worked at Pepsi MidAmerica

Pros

Guaranteed 40 hour work week with decent pay. Management isn't awful and works hard to keep company moving along. Difficulty of job ranges from super easy to extremely strenuous.

Cons

I enjoyed working there at first. Then I noticed that no matter how hard I worked it was never good enough. You're expected to learn the job within a day and if you don't know how to do something you get scolded real quickly for it. They expect you to work more than 40 hours but don't want to pay you for overtime.

Don't kill yourself trying to impress upper management, your terrible pay check is not worth the amount of time and effort that is put into your job.

If you want to make 1980 minimum wage come here.

Former Employee - Route Salesman
    Former Employee - Route Salesman

I worked at Pepsi MidAmerica full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Weekends off, except around holidays (ugh) Go home every night, which is good if you're a truck driver. Weekly pay.

Cons

NEVER under a 60 hour work week
    VERY low pay. I cleared around 340 dollars a week and I averaged 72.5 hours. All jobs are salaried.
    Expensive insurance (65 dollars a week for individuals under the silver plan)
    Rare to find a truck that will pass a DOT inspection. Some are unsafe to drive.
    Too many issues with management to list.

My time working for this company was horrendous. I usually worked 15 hour days and some weeks cleared less than 5 dollars an hour, with no commission. Commission is possible, but they seem to find a way to stick it to you at every turn, like give stores discounts, without telling you (It doesn't matter, management is making a killing regardless.) They also expect you to NEVER miss work for any reason. Until you work a year you have 1 personal day, no sick days, no vacation. After a year, you get 1 persona day and 5 vacation days. THAT IS IT.

They are desperate for people and will say anything to get them to stay. I was lied to so many times, about any topic, I quit asking management. At the depot I was at there were 3 drivers that have worked for more than a year, and that was it. I saw 6 people quit within 3 months, which is something considering there were only 7 drivers at a given time.
    There is a running joke in the area that everyone has worked for Pepsi or is related to someone that has. Also, the reputation of this company is that it is the worst in the area, bar none, so that is something to always keep in mind when dealing with stores.

Why lie so much? Why lie to someone's face about their pay and that it's being fixed? People rely on this company to support themselves and their families, yet all it seems like is management lies out of their rear ends to just keep people on board as long as they can and delay the inevitable resignation for a few months.
    How can management expect to run a good company when they run so many people away and constantly have to "train" new people. I loosely use the word train because training consists of learning on your own.
    I've worked with a lot of good people in this company that got driven away, yet Pepsi is a product that will sell itself, thus management will keep making money in spite of themselves and never change.

Enjoyed my time a lot.

I worked at Pepsi MidAmerica

Pros

Had flexible hours, even if they were variable from day to day depending on order/sales volume. Nice perk was access to music festivals in the area in exchange for working a shift at the festival.

Cons

Difficult to budget not knowing how many hours one would get in a given time period/pay cycle.

Fast paced and busy.

Current Employee - Management in Marion, IL
    Current Employee - Management in Marion, IL

I have been working at Pepsi MidAmerica full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Solving problems. Interacting with great people. High energy environment. Help is available if you need it.

Cons

Training could be better. Often thrown into a situation and have to figure it out as you go. Vacation could be better. More personal days would be nice too.

The employees could perform much better with some proper training. It might be a good idea to provide every management employee with a Mentor who has been with the company a while to show them the ropes.

Hard work for good money

Former Employee - Territorial Sales Representative in Poplar Bluff, MO
    Former Employee - Territorial Sales Representative in Poplar Bluff, MO

I worked at Pepsi MidAmerica full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If you work hard and smart, you can make a lot of money as a sales rep. Pepsi is a diverse company and sells to many different kinds of businesses. Be prepared to sweat, negotiate, and hustle. Very rewarding work if you take ownership of your role. It seems like the best job in the company is to be a sales rep. Good pay for the amount of work. Becoming an Area Sales Manager (one step above) is tons of work, crazy hours and not a lot more pay.

Cons

Management is tough on salesmen and route drivers. Fairly high turnover in the driver position makes sales job difficult. Sometimes difficult to get properly compensated for products sold or when bonuses are due.

Listen to your drivers. Don't become short staffed. Keep an extra sales rep available to help on special projects and during vacations.

Terrible training, unethical practices, and illegal all around.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Pepsi MidAmerica full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Meeting hundreds of new people/employees who come and go.

Knowing this information first hand to tell friends not to work there unless they want to be treated like dirt.

Cons

They won't hire you with a felony - don't waste your time. They discriminate against: people with misdemeanors, single females, single moms, people with dreads, older people, people of religions other than Christian or Catholic, if you have been a teacher, cop, psychologist, counselor, preacher need not apply - you won't be hired.

If you want a raise- you won't get one, you probably won't get an evaluation, you may not even get your paycheck, and if you stay too long you might lose any sense of moral, ethical, and ounce of goodness in yourself.

Take HR and Business Ethics classes you might learn what you do is illegal and unethical. To some: time to retire... H.C. and J.R. it's 2014 not 1914.

Full Line Route Sales

Current Employee - Full Line Route Sales in Benton, KY
    Current Employee - Full Line Route Sales in Benton, KY

I have been working at Pepsi MidAmerica full-time (more than a year)

Pros

None, Upper management is stupid

Cons

work to 40-60 hrs a week only pay for 40. Pay is always messed up. Never get paid what they owe you.

Listen to your employees

Refuse to pay

Former Employee - Builder
    Former Employee - Builder

I worked at Pepsi MidAmerica full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I found one pro. long hours and decent pay.

Cons

where to begin. the owners get in employees faces and cuss them out. They dont train you for crap. your training consists of hey see what that guy is doing, do that. I went in to get my check waited 5 hours!! just to be told they weren't paying me, that they would mail it to me it would take 3-5 weeks warehouse for shipping and receiving is hot if it is 80*out side the temp in there is about 110-120* I wouldn't even recommend the job to a homeless guy. I wouldnt put anyone thru that.

BE GOOD PEOPLE NOT JERKS and treat the workers with respect. Same goes for owners.

it was the most inexperience training company for training new employee of their job.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marion, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marion, IL

I worked at Pepsi MidAmerica full-time (less than a year)

Pros

nice office personal and some workers are truthful about the working conditions in the warehouse. they give some cold water to the workers on hot days .they also let you have damage product to drink free .

Cons

they do not work with new hires to train them on the job hire to do. stand around and wait for them to tell you to some other job not hire to do. long 12 hours days and a 3 day and 4 day weeks . no breaks only 30 mins lunch. no sit down to work at a computer.

need to get new management in warehouse to train a new employee on their job correctly. stop discrimating on disable people .

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Cape Girardeau, MO
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Cape Girardeau, MO

I have been working at Pepsi MidAmerica part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The employees are good people.

Cons

The management is awful and have no idea what is going on.