Pepsi MidAmerica Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Quite possibly the worst run company in America

Former Employee - Manager in Marion, IL
    Former Employee - Manager in Marion, IL

I worked at Pepsi MidAmerica

Pros

It's a job, i guess

Cons

Everything. Unethical business practices, work life balance, employee relations, pay, etc

Advice to Management

You have to fix your turnover issues. Stop lying and saying it is on par with the industry average, it's not. You are a running joke with all your clients. Who's going to be the driver today, wow that rep lasted 6 months, that's crazy, oh look the rep is driving a truck and delivering product.

Abundance of Opportunities

Current Employee - Former in Marion, IL
    Current Employee - Former in Marion, IL

I have been working at Pepsi MidAmerica

Pros

Entry level management and entry level sales positions are at the top of the wage recommendations for Illinois average. This placed has provided a stable (and well endowed) income to provide for my family. The executives take a vested interest in the company -- which is nice! You can often find them working in the warehouse on the night shift right next to the employees and back at the plant at 5 AM to meet the drivers. The pay is competitive, benefits are abundant, and the hours are there. No layoffs or worrying that I will not get paid next week.

Cons

Like any place, the work is hard. For the generation that I am with I believe this has been the biggest CON a company can receive -- the turnover exists in the laziness of the employees 90% of the time. If someone is willing to do hard work and keep a positive attitude -- there isn't a con.

I understand NOW why their turnover rate is so high!

Former Employee - Territorial Sales Representative in Benton, IL
    Former Employee - Territorial Sales Representative in Benton, IL

I worked at Pepsi MidAmerica

Pros

There were no pros with this company.

Cons

This is the absolute worst place I have ever worked in my life!! Not only was I misled on my pay structure, job duties and description and number and location of clients when hired, but they constantly kept dumping everyone else's duties on me and adding more responsibilities to the point that I did not even have time to eat lunch or go to the restroom more than once a day, because of the work load and also consistently tried to cheat me on my payroll checks, which were constantly wrong. When I finally left, after being abused and mistreated for 9 months (only stayed this long because I am a 50yr old widowed mother and needed a job),along with most of their other employees, they then even tried to hold onto my last three checks after my final payday, ignoring IL state law on when a person must receive their last paychecks in addition to cheating me out of another $199 on my last check!! They caused me to not be able to pay any bills and a ton of fees as well!! I have never worked for a worse company and would never recommend anyone work for or do business with this one!!! Their turnover rate is unbelievable and now I know why!! I have reported all to the IL Dept of Labor and the US Dept of Labor. It is WRONG that any company should be allowed to get away with the things that this company has been allowed to get away with and it needs to be stopped!!

Advice to Management

Change your ways!

Never work for them

Current Employee - Route Driver in Marion, IL
    Current Employee - Route Driver in Marion, IL

I have been working at Pepsi MidAmerica

Pros

Being on your own. Other than that, not much. There are nice fellow employees that will let you under their wings and will actually be honest with you about how things really work and what management really means when they tell you something. Some that have been there longer will try to help you. (They have to or they lose their help on routes)

Cons

Management lies, constantly. They offer commissions when first hired, but it is virtually nonexistent. That, or if you do make any commission, they forget to add it to your check. You work near 12 hours a day for peanut shells. Always short staffed, super high turnover rate, more like 80%. They promise advancement, but it never happens. They will tell you whatever you want to hear without ever following through on their end. Management within the company is always getting let go. Its just as much a revolving door as it is for drivers. Worst treatment of workers I have ever seen, and I have worked at some pretty nasty places. I'm glad I quit when I did.

Advice to Management

Start treating employees with respect and pay them properly to compete with cost of living expenses today, not the 1980s.

The owner should sell the business to Pepsi Co.

Former Employee - Vending Technician in Paducah, KY
    Former Employee - Vending Technician in Paducah, KY

I worked at Pepsi MidAmerica

Pros

Guaranteed 40 hour work week with decent pay. Management isn't awful and works hard to keep company moving along. Difficulty of job ranges from super easy to extremely strenuous.

Cons

I enjoyed working there at first. Then I noticed that no matter how hard I worked it was never good enough. You're expected to learn the job within a day and if you don't know how to do something you get scolded real quickly for it. They expect you to work more than 40 hours but don't want to pay you for overtime.

Advice to Management

Don't kill yourself trying to impress upper management, your terrible pay check is not worth the amount of time and effort that is put into your job.

If you want to make 1980 minimum wage come here.

Former Employee - Route Salesman
    Former Employee - Route Salesman

I worked at Pepsi MidAmerica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Weekends off, except around holidays (ugh) Go home every night, which is good if you're a truck driver. Weekly pay.

Cons

NEVER under a 60 hour work week VERY low pay. I cleared around 340 dollars a week and I averaged 72.5 hours. All jobs are salaried. Expensive insurance (65 dollars a week for individuals under the silver plan) Rare to find a truck that will pass a DOT inspection. Some are unsafe to drive. Too many issues with management to list. My time working for this company was horrendous. I usually worked 15 hour days and some weeks cleared less than 5 dollars an hour, with no commission. Commission is possible, but they seem to find a way to stick it to you at every turn, like give stores discounts, without telling you (It doesn't matter, management is making a killing regardless.) They also expect you to NEVER miss work for any reason. Until you work a year you have 1 personal day, no sick days, no vacation. After a year, you get 1 persona day and 5 vacation days. THAT IS IT. They are desperate for people and will say anything to get them to stay. I was lied to so many times, about any topic, I quit asking management. At the depot I was at there were 3 drivers that have worked for more than a year, and that was it. I saw 6 people quit within 3 months, which is something considering there were only 7 drivers at a given time. There is a running joke in the area that everyone has worked for Pepsi or is related to someone that has. Also, the reputation of this company is that it is the worst in the area, bar none, so that is something to always keep in mind when dealing with stores.

Advice to Management

Why lie so much? Why lie to someone's face about their pay and that it's being fixed? People rely on this company to support themselves and their families, yet all it seems like is management lies out of their rear ends to just keep people on board as long as they can and delay the inevitable resignation for a few months. How can management expect to run a good company when they run so many people away and constantly have to "train" new people. I loosely use the word train because training consists of learning on your own. I've worked with a lot of good people in this company that got driven away, yet Pepsi is a product that will sell itself, thus management will keep making money in spite of themselves and never change.

Enjoyed my time a lot.

I worked at Pepsi MidAmerica

Pros

Had flexible hours, even if they were variable from day to day depending on order/sales volume. Nice perk was access to music festivals in the area in exchange for working a shift at the festival.

Cons

Difficult to budget not knowing how many hours one would get in a given time period/pay cycle.

Fast paced and busy.

Current Employee - Management in Marion, IL
    Current Employee - Management in Marion, IL

I have been working at Pepsi MidAmerica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Solving problems. Interacting with great people. High energy environment. Help is available if you need it.

Cons

Training could be better. Often thrown into a situation and have to figure it out as you go. Vacation could be better. More personal days would be nice too.

Advice to Management

The employees could perform much better with some proper training. It might be a good idea to provide every management employee with a Mentor who has been with the company a while to show them the ropes.

Hard work for good money

Former Employee - Territorial Sales Representative in Poplar Bluff, MO
    Former Employee - Territorial Sales Representative in Poplar Bluff, MO

I worked at Pepsi MidAmerica full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you work hard and smart, you can make a lot of money as a sales rep. Pepsi is a diverse company and sells to many different kinds of businesses. Be prepared to sweat, negotiate, and hustle. Very rewarding work if you take ownership of your role. It seems like the best job in the company is to be a sales rep. Good pay for the amount of work. Becoming an Area Sales Manager (one step above) is tons of work, crazy hours and not a lot more pay.

Cons

Management is tough on salesmen and route drivers. Fairly high turnover in the driver position makes sales job difficult. Sometimes difficult to get properly compensated for products sold or when bonuses are due.

Advice to Management

Listen to your drivers. Don't become short staffed. Keep an extra sales rep available to help on special projects and during vacations.

Terrible training, unethical practices, and illegal all around.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Pepsi MidAmerica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Meeting hundreds of new people/employees who come and go. Knowing this information first hand to tell friends not to work there unless they want to be treated like dirt.

Cons

They won't hire you with a felony - don't waste your time. They discriminate against: people with misdemeanors, single females, single moms, people with dreads, older people, people of religions other than Christian or Catholic, if you have been a teacher, cop, psychologist, counselor, preacher need not apply - you won't be hired. If you want a raise- you won't get one, you probably won't get an evaluation, you may not even get your paycheck, and if you stay too long you might lose any sense of moral, ethical, and ounce of goodness in yourself.

Advice to Management

Take HR and Business Ethics classes you might learn what you do is illegal and unethical. To some: time to retire... H.C. and J.R. it's 2014 not 1914.

RSS Feed </> Embed