PepsiCo

PepsiCo Reviews in Chicago, IL

Updated Jul 2, 2014

PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra K. Nooyi

Indra K. Nooyi

Pros
  • Work life balance was given to those who handled it responsibly(in 97 reviews)

• great pay and benefits, plenty of opportunities for growth, very stable company(in 49 reviews)

Cons
  • You have to be focused on your own work life balance because there's so much to do(in 216 reviews)

• long hours hard physical work, stressful at times to complete all requried(in 154 reviews)

106 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Making an impact everyday!

Recruiter (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsLove the benefits, career opportunities and ability interact with leadership across all areas of the organization. Our team takes calculated risks and continues to improve in bringing our entire team along for the journey. We're also becoming a more global organization within our function which is exciting!

ConsResources are spread very thin and I've seen members of the team burn out / walk away from great opportunities in the name of having a better work-life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe consistent in the experiences and opportunities given to team members across all levels and areas of the organization.

Great company

Talent Acquisition (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe company offers summer hours which is great for work-Life balance and I've had the pleasure of having great co-workers. There is great opportunities for those within the company. The company values compliment those of my own.

ConsI think a challenge would be there seems to be a lot of under the table. Communications is definitely something to work on

Advice to Senior ManagementIf someone takes on more responsibilities consider rewards for this.

Good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

Pros- Excellent work life balance - flexible hours and work from home schedule provided you do the work
    - Good career development. You need to really forge your career yourself, but the opportunities are there if you seek them out
    - Challenging work assignments

Cons- Competitive work environment
    - Very matrixed organization that can lead to ineffective processes
    - Can be a bit bureaucratic at times. Hard to advance projects and change when countless approvals needed from management

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

IS PEPSICO Really About What They Preach

Talent Acquisition (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsPepsi co is very innovative and they give employees the opportunity to grow there career

ConsIts very competitive and stressful to stay at top of your area of expertise

Endless possibilities

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe best talent out there, works here
    Great opportunity to learn on the job
    Flexibility to manage my personal and professional priorities and commitments
    Excellent pay - 75th%tile and long term incentives

ConsPepsiCo is incredibly fast paced and results oriented. You will work hard. You will work more than 40 hours per week

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the focus on Better Together and lets build up our nutrition portfolio
    Amazing progress on our environemtal sustainability efforts and commitment to the community. Let's stay focused on taht agenda

Amazing.

Enterprise SAP Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsOpportunity, Opportunity, Opportunity , amazing work life balance.

ConsNone that i could think of in past 7 year.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue momentum.

PepsiCo Sales Intern

Pepsi Co QTG Sales Intern (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe company was great. I liked it a lot.

ConsI did basic office work. But learned a lot from co workers.

Back stabbing culture, strategy changes weekly.

Marketing Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGood salary and great location.

ConsTerrible work culture, all about ME, no team work, everyone is stepping on others to get ahead. There is no collaboration in the true sense of the word. A ton of deck writing and not much actual work gets done here. The gng team is the worst if all. Many have left that group - so beware of those who want to join. It hurts your career.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your act together. Foster a better work environment.

Very fast-paced and demanding

Engineer (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat experience and great benefits

Consvery slow career progression, very demanding, tight timelines that are almost impossible to meet.

Advice to Senior ManagementBonus' need to be highly considered for how demanding the work is and career progression is too slow - increase pay faster if the career progression is so slow

Micro-managing keeps projects from moving foward

Senior Packaging Engineer (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat brand, Supportive upper management, Tons of opportunities including the opportunity to relocate, Understanding of personal life

ConsQuality of lower level management struggles to keep up with upper level

Advice to Senior ManagementHave directors reach out to managers employees to ensure everything is being done well. Bad management puts employees in a position where they have to go over their manager's head in order to bring attention to the issue

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!