PepsiCo

3.3 1,650 reviews

PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra K. Nooyi

Indra K. Nooyi

1,650 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Work life balance was given to those who handled it responsibly"
    in 86 reviews
  • "Pay and Benefits are really good with the exception of 401K"
    in 44 reviews
Cons:
  • "They preach work/life balance but only when it is convenient for management"
    in 201 reviews
  • "long hours hard physical work, stressful at times to complete all requried"
    in 139 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

About PepsiCo

ProsPepsiCo is a great company to work for which values work life balance along with a great career opportunity in most functions.

ConsManagement Incentive Bonuses and LTI have been impacted recently which does effect the overall compensation package going forward.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need tofind the balance between valuing employees above the demands of shareholders

You give what you get

Proscompensation, benefits, employee recognition, office culture, longevity, team feel

Conswork life balance, management disconnect,

Great place to work.

Route Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Reno, NV

ProsGreat city. The Pepsi Plant in Reno has a great leadership team. They strive to give you what you need to grow and succeed.

ConsThe beginning stages and training can be challenging and it does take time to really learn the sales side of this business.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on with the BBQ's.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

PBC

ProsAlways find a way to get the job done. Great benefits and sufficient pay. Most coworkers are great to work with.

ConsNo accountability for management and not much incentives to do a great job.

A great place to hone your people/selling skills, but not immune to corporate bureaucracy

Bulk Customer Representative (Current Employee)

Pros* International multi billion dollar brand
    * Ability to move or transfer on a global scale
    * Above to slightly above average pay and benefits
    * Fast paced, high drive. "High speed, low drag" if you will.
    * Better than average insurance and retirement benefits & stock options

Cons* Abhorrent work/life balance, regardless of the corporate script that management reads from
    * Interoffice politics, especially between "Campus Recruit" hires from outside the company. Basically, kids that haven't finished college get to be put into internships, and qualify for management level positions to be hired directly into, that's fine, but 99% of these recruits have yet to hold a job, and the concept of "LifeWater" or customer (not consumer) service is an anomaly to most if not all of them.
    * Campus recruits usually get hired for jobs that would be best suited from internal promotions

Advice to Senior ManagementStop placing such a huge emphasis on campus recruit hiring, while you're improving the overall quality of new hire education, you're degrading the forward mobility of the company by placing inexperienced people in decision making positions like Territory Sales Managers, Merchandiser Managers and the like. Promotion from within will certainly give people a hope and drive to succeed and excel instead of coasting to fly under the radar to earn an easy living.

Place more importance on front line level management needing to be in the field and holding their employees accountable, especially in union shops. There are 3 BCRs with a tenure of 15 years or more in my facility that have no business coming to work every day because they simply don't care. If they do, it certainly isn't shown in order quality, customer rapport or product execution.

Improve work/life balance. This is a must. Even on my days off I'm fielding calls from my merchandiser when he should be able to call his supervisor. I used to go to my stores on my day off to write accurate orders for when I return to work, but now, I skip orders all together or just blindly send product because I don't get enough time with my family throughout the week. Who suffers... PepsiCo's volume and margin numbers for innacurate orders, my customers for having way too much or too little inventory, my consumers for out of stock SKUS, and me for missed commissions.

It is a demanding job.

RSR Route Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    State College, PA

ProsGood salary can support a family.

ConsLong taxing hours makes younearn your money.

Great Place to Work

Senior Marketing Analyst (Former Employee)
    Purchase, NY

ProsFun, friendly culture. Lots of opportunity for advancement.

ConsSmall annual salary increases and promotional increases. Excessive workload.

Advice to Senior ManagementPrioritize key activities/deliverables for all roles, otherwise it is overwhelming and nothing gets completed.

Good pay with benefits

RSR Route Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Richmond, VA

ProsGreat pay with great benefits. There is plenty of room for growth if you push yourself hard enough. There is opportunity to make a large sum of money because of the commissioned pay scale.

ConsThe hours are long and not ideal if you have a family. You are basically married to your designated routes with no hope for a personal life if you have a wife and children.

Dead end

Full Time Merchandiser (Current Employee)

ProsGreat job for someone young and without a family. College tuition reimbursement program and other benefits.

ConsThey work you too many hours, no positive feedback they only criticize, no chance for advancement unless you pretend to worship management, pay not equal to the amount of work they expect

Advice to Senior ManagementThe people that are the beating heart of the company are treated the worst and paid the least...

Wonderful Opportunities to Grow

Talent Acquisition Manager (Current Employee)

ProsOwnership to make your mark
    Ownership to make decisions and own a lot of value added work
    Get to do a lot of work in varied fields

ConsYou will be kept busy!
    Expectations are extremely high - can be good or bad or at times unrealistic

Advice to Senior ManagementMore functions need to allow for work flexibility it helps tremendously - for work life balance

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!

PepsiCo Videos

PepsiCo – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PepsiCo reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PepsiCo CEO Indra K. Nooyi. All 1,650 reviews posted anonymously by PepsiCo employees.