PepsiCo

3.3 1,650 reviews

PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra K. Nooyi

Indra K. Nooyi

1,650 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Work life balance was given to those who handled it responsibly"
    in 86 reviews
  • "Pay and Benefits are really good with the exception of 401K"
    in 44 reviews
Cons:
  • "They preach work/life balance but only when it is convenient for management"
    in 201 reviews
  • "long hours hard physical work, stressful at times to complete all requried"
    in 139 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great place to work.

Route Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Reno, NV

ProsGreat city. The Pepsi Plant in Reno has a great leadership team. They strive to give you what you need to grow and succeed.

ConsThe beginning stages and training can be challenging and it does take time to really learn the sales side of this business.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on with the BBQ's.

PBC

ProsAlways find a way to get the job done. Great benefits and sufficient pay. Most coworkers are great to work with.

ConsNo accountability for management and not much incentives to do a great job.

Fun Place to Work

Talent Acquisition (Current Employee)
    Plano, TX

ProsCollaborative work environment, management helps with career growth by delegating project work and teaming you up with a mentor. Work life balance and employee resource groups are viewed as a must by all employees and management. Starbucks and Gym on site at FLNA HQ.

ConsLong hours at times, Cafeteria food - bland and cost is too high, building needs a remodel.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My PepsiCo

TAM (Current Employee)

ProsThe people
    The career opportunities are endless
    Global scope
    Everyone knows our products and who we are
    Many different ways to make a difference
    Collaborative culture
    Innovative company

ConsThe coming together of the different brands (Pepsi vs FritoLay) can be a challenge
    Sometimes competting initiatives
    You have to be focused on your own work life balance because there's so much to do

A great place to hone your people/selling skills, but not immune to corporate bureaucracy

Bulk Customer Representative (Current Employee)

Pros* International multi billion dollar brand
    * Ability to move or transfer on a global scale
    * Above to slightly above average pay and benefits
    * Fast paced, high drive. "High speed, low drag" if you will.
    * Better than average insurance and retirement benefits & stock options

Cons* Abhorrent work/life balance, regardless of the corporate script that management reads from
    * Interoffice politics, especially between "Campus Recruit" hires from outside the company. Basically, kids that haven't finished college get to be put into internships, and qualify for management level positions to be hired directly into, that's fine, but 99% of these recruits have yet to hold a job, and the concept of "LifeWater" or customer (not consumer) service is an anomaly to most if not all of them.
    * Campus recruits usually get hired for jobs that would be best suited from internal promotions

Advice to Senior ManagementStop placing such a huge emphasis on campus recruit hiring, while you're improving the overall quality of new hire education, you're degrading the forward mobility of the company by placing inexperienced people in decision making positions like Territory Sales Managers, Merchandiser Managers and the like. Promotion from within will certainly give people a hope and drive to succeed and excel instead of coasting to fly under the radar to earn an easy living.

Place more importance on front line level management needing to be in the field and holding their employees accountable, especially in union shops. There are 3 BCRs with a tenure of 15 years or more in my facility that have no business coming to work every day because they simply don't care. If they do, it certainly isn't shown in order quality, customer rapport or product execution.

Improve work/life balance. This is a must. Even on my days off I'm fielding calls from my merchandiser when he should be able to call his supervisor. I used to go to my stores on my day off to write accurate orders for when I return to work, but now, I skip orders all together or just blindly send product because I don't get enough time with my family throughout the week. Who suffers... PepsiCo's volume and margin numbers for innacurate orders, my customers for having way too much or too little inventory, my consumers for out of stock SKUS, and me for missed commissions.

It is a demanding job.

RSR Route Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    State College, PA

ProsGood salary can support a family.

ConsLong taxing hours makes younearn your money.

Great Place to Work

Senior Marketing Analyst (Former Employee)
    Purchase, NY

ProsFun, friendly culture. Lots of opportunity for advancement.

ConsSmall annual salary increases and promotional increases. Excessive workload.

Advice to Senior ManagementPrioritize key activities/deliverables for all roles, otherwise it is overwhelming and nothing gets completed.

Wonderful Opportunities to Grow

Talent Acquisition Manager (Current Employee)

ProsOwnership to make your mark
    Ownership to make decisions and own a lot of value added work
    Get to do a lot of work in varied fields

ConsYou will be kept busy!
    Expectations are extremely high - can be good or bad or at times unrealistic

Advice to Senior ManagementMore functions need to allow for work flexibility it helps tremendously - for work life balance

Making an impact everyday!

Recruiter (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsLove the benefits, career opportunities and ability interact with leadership across all areas of the organization. Our team takes calculated risks and continues to improve in bringing our entire team along for the journey. We're also becoming a more global organization within our function which is exciting!

ConsResources are spread very thin and I've seen members of the team burn out / walk away from great opportunities in the name of having a better work-life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe consistent in the experiences and opportunities given to team members across all levels and areas of the organization.

Great company

Talent Acquisition (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsThe company offers summer hours which is great for work-Life balance and I've had the pleasure of having great co-workers. There is great opportunities for those within the company. The company values compliment those of my own.

ConsI think a challenge would be there seems to be a lot of under the table. Communications is definitely something to work on

Advice to Senior ManagementIf someone takes on more responsibilities consider rewards for this.

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!

PepsiCo Videos

PepsiCo – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PepsiCo reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PepsiCo CEO Indra K. Nooyi. All 1,650 reviews posted anonymously by PepsiCo employees.