PepsiCo

3.3 1,633 reviews

PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra K. Nooyi

Indra K. Nooyi

1,633 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Work life balance was given to those who handled it responsibly"
    in 86 reviews
  • "Pay and Benefits are really good with the exception of 401K"
    in 44 reviews
Cons:
  • "They preach work/life balance but only when it is convenient for management"
    in 201 reviews
  • "long hours hard physical work, stressful at times to complete all requried"
    in 139 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good place to work

Chicago, IL

Pros- Excellent work life balance - flexible hours and work from home schedule provided you do the work
    - Good career development. You need to really forge your career yourself, but the opportunities are there if you seek them out
    - Challenging work assignments

Cons- Competitive work environment
    - Very matrixed organization that can lead to ineffective processes
    - Can be a bit bureaucratic at times. Hard to advance projects and change when countless approvals needed from management

Dead end

Full Time Merchandiser (Current Employee)

ProsGreat job for someone young and without a family. College tuition reimbursement program and other benefits.

ConsThey work you too many hours, no positive feedback they only criticize, no chance for advancement unless you pretend to worship management, pay not equal to the amount of work they expect

Advice to Senior ManagementThe people that are the beating heart of the company are treated the worst and paid the least...

Worth The Commute.......

Human Resources Manager (Current Employee)
    Purchase, NY

ProsGreat brands, great/smart talented employee base, strategically focused, proven winner with a drive for results.

ConsSometimes bites off more than it can chew. Never a dull moment. Need time to recharge the battery at times. But the good news is that I feel i do have the flexibility to do so.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet's decide on the most important initiatives annually versus all the initiatives. Better focus and flawless execution on fewer projects and initiatives.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Work hard and you will go far.

Talent Acquisition (Current Employee)
    Somers, NY

ProsOpportunity for growth.
    Exposure and recognition.
    Great learning platform for a go-getter.

ConsYou will be kept busy

Best Company I've Ever Worked For

Talent Acquisition Manager (Current Employee)
    Somers, NY

ProsStrong leadership, smart colleagues, challenging work, work/life balance, excellent HR career opportunities. One of the best Talent Acquisition departments in corporate america.

ConsIncrease vacation days to stay competitive in the market place

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease vacation days to stay competitive

It's what you make of it

Manager (Current Employee)
    Purchase, NY

Proswork/life balance, world renowned brands, opportunity for growth if you are patient, reputation of PepsiCo to external recruiters

Conssalary & income increase over time, teams run as lean as possible leading to, at times, overworked associates. extremely hierarchical - very level and band focused.

Strong focus on people and development, intense culture

ProsPepsiCo provides lots of opportunities for personal and professional development. It's a truly global company where you get to interact with people around the world on a regular basis. You will get pushed and challenged here -it's never boring

ConsIt's a hard-driving culture. It's not competitive with others on your team in a negative way, but it can be high pressure and intense. it's not a place to work if you like to constantly hear what a great job you're doing - it's more "that's fine, but what have you done for me lately?"

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicating in such a huge global environment is tough, but we need to keep working on clear communication at multiple levels.

Great People

ProsInternship was really fun. There were many freebies as well. Everyone was really friendly.

ConsWish they gave me more opportunities

Great place to learn and be challenged...

ProsSmart, driven, talented employees, team oriented environment. Opportunity to get involved in things that interest you outside of your day to day.

ConsWork load... work life balance means something different to everyone - be sure to strive for what works for you.

Positive transition from small company to F50 organization

Talent Acquisition Manager (Current Employee)
    White Plains, NY

ProsSummer and holiday hours - able to leave at 1 on Fridays between Memorial Day through end of August and between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Robust benefits program. Peapod delivery to office-free. Manager support positive. Flex to work from home.

ConsLack of resources during manager transitions.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop better transition plans/timing for managers rotating into new role. Better communication from leadership regarding changes/updates - more consistency.

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!

PepsiCo Videos

PepsiCo – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PepsiCo reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PepsiCo CEO Indra K. Nooyi. All 1,633 reviews posted anonymously by PepsiCo employees.