PepsiCo

Updated Jul 27, 2014

3.3 1,688 reviews

PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra K. Nooyi

Indra K. Nooyi

Pros
  • Work life balance was given to those who handled it responsibly(in 99 reviews)

• great pay and benefits, plenty of opportunities for growth, very stable company(in 49 reviews)

Cons
  • You have to be focused on your own work life balance because there's so much to do(in 218 reviews)

• long hours hard physical work, stressful at times to complete all requried(in 153 reviews)

1,688 Employee Reviews

Long-term career

Senior Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGreat people, learn from the best, continuous improvement and innovation, great rotational opportunities for growth in certain functions.

ConsMany upward opportunities require that you be geographically mobile.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to share vision and long-term strategies since it really helps an employee know the goals and objectives.

AWESOME place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsPepsiCo offers great pay and benefits and is truly a fun place to work. I enjoyed being encouraged to take on critical experiences to grow my skill set, knowledge base and ultimately my career. The environment is young and collaborative and the company has brands you can really identify with. The Frito Lay fitness center is awesome too!

ConsLong hours. Cafeteria food.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to drive power of one mentality

Fantastic company to work for!

Talent Acquisition (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsGreat flexibility, competitive salary, fun corporate culture, lots of collaboration, reasonable career growth, also very innovative - not just with the product development but also within each function's workstream

ConsWhile not a con for everyone, PepsiCo is a very fast paced work environment, which results in constant process changes and new technology to learn on a constant basis. This can be a huge hurdle for certain types of personalities.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My Life at Pepsico

ProsWork Life Balance, Smart People, innovative, Brand Leader, great products, GLOBAL, diverse, teamwork, company events, enviornmental freindly, good citizen, caring

Conslong commute, no bonus at certain levels

Great opportunities and culture if you can roll with the high expectations

Talent Acquisition Manager (Current Employee)

ProsInnovative culture that is always evolving, results driven employees who are genuine and hard working, work hard but play hard

ConsBig size sometimes can make you feel small, hard to navigate through matrix, high expectations sometimes equals long hours

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in more retention programs - Employees are loyal but need to be reminded of their value. Don't be penny wise and pound foolish when it comes to staff - We can operate so lean it burns people out.

PepsiCo feels like home

Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Current Employee) Purchase, NY

ProsWork-life balance & flexibility; Ability to learn, network and grow within a supportive but friendly and competitive environment. PepsiCo has products & core values that you can be proud of

ConsAs somebody that has worked closely with the admin community, it'd be great if bonuses, even if small, were part of everybody's compensation

A great place to hone your people/selling skills, but not immune to corporate bureaucracy

Bulk Customer Representative (Current Employee)

Pros* International multi billion dollar brand
    * Ability to move or transfer on a global scale
    * Above to slightly above average pay and benefits
    * Fast paced, high drive. "High speed, low drag" if you will.
    * Better than average insurance and retirement benefits & stock options

Cons* Abhorrent work/life balance, regardless of the corporate script that management reads from
    * Interoffice politics, especially between "Campus Recruit" hires from outside the company. Basically, kids that haven't finished college get to be put into internships, and qualify for management level positions to be hired directly into, that's fine, but 99% of these recruits have yet to hold a job, and the concept of "LifeWater" or customer (not consumer) service is an anomaly to most if not all of them.
    * Campus recruits usually get hired for jobs that would be best suited from internal promotions

Advice to Senior ManagementStop placing such a huge emphasis on campus recruit hiring, while you're improving the overall quality of new hire education, you're degrading the forward mobility of the company by placing inexperienced people in decision making positions like Territory Sales Managers, Merchandiser Managers and the like. Promotion from within will certainly give people a hope and drive to succeed and excel instead of coasting to fly under the radar to earn an easy living.

Place more importance on front line level management needing to be in the field and holding their employees accountable, especially in union shops. There are 3 BCRs with a tenure of 15 years or more in my facility that have no business coming to work every day because they simply don't care. If they do, it certainly isn't shown in order quality, customer rapport or product execution.

Improve work/life balance. This is a must. Even on my days off I'm fielding calls from my merchandiser when he should be able to call his supervisor. I used to go to my stores on my day off to write accurate orders for when I return to work, but now, I skip orders all together or just blindly send product because I don't get enough time with my family throughout the week. Who suffers... PepsiCo's volume and margin numbers for innacurate orders, my customers for having way too much or too little inventory, my consumers for out of stock SKUS, and me for missed commissions.

About PepsiCo

ProsPepsiCo is a great company to work for which values work life balance along with a great career opportunity in most functions.

ConsManagement Incentive Bonuses and LTI have been impacted recently which does effect the overall compensation package going forward.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need tofind the balance between valuing employees above the demands of shareholders

You give what you get

Proscompensation, benefits, employee recognition, office culture, longevity, team feel

Conswork life balance, management disconnect,

Great place to work.

Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) Reno, NV

ProsGreat city. The Pepsi Plant in Reno has a great leadership team. They strive to give you what you need to grow and succeed.

ConsThe beginning stages and training can be challenging and it does take time to really learn the sales side of this business.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on with the BBQ's.

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!