PepsiCo

Updated Jul 26, 2014

3.3 1,684 reviews

PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra K. Nooyi

Indra K. Nooyi

Pros
  • Work life balance was given to those who handled it responsibly(in 99 reviews)

• great pay and benefits, plenty of opportunities for growth, very stable company(in 49 reviews)

Cons
  • You have to be focused on your own work life balance because there's so much to do(in 218 reviews)

• long hours hard physical work, stressful at times to complete all requried(in 153 reviews)

1,684 Employee Reviews

Good pay with benefits

RSR Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsGreat pay with great benefits. There is plenty of room for growth if you push yourself hard enough. There is opportunity to make a large sum of money because of the commissioned pay scale.

ConsThe hours are long and not ideal if you have a family. You are basically married to your designated routes with no hope for a personal life if you have a wife and children.

Work hard and you will go far.

Talent Acquisition (Current Employee) Somers, NY

ProsOpportunity for growth.
    Exposure and recognition.
    Great learning platform for a go-getter.

ConsYou will be kept busy

Best Company I've Ever Worked For

Talent Acquisition Manager (Current Employee) Somers, NY

ProsStrong leadership, smart colleagues, challenging work, work/life balance, excellent HR career opportunities. One of the best Talent Acquisition departments in corporate america.

ConsIncrease vacation days to stay competitive in the market place

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease vacation days to stay competitive

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's what you make of it

Manager (Current Employee) Purchase, NY

Proswork/life balance, world renowned brands, opportunity for growth if you are patient, reputation of PepsiCo to external recruiters

Conssalary & income increase over time, teams run as lean as possible leading to, at times, overworked associates. extremely hierarchical - very level and band focused.

Strong focus on people and development, intense culture

ProsPepsiCo provides lots of opportunities for personal and professional development. It's a truly global company where you get to interact with people around the world on a regular basis. You will get pushed and challenged here -it's never boring

ConsIt's a hard-driving culture. It's not competitive with others on your team in a negative way, but it can be high pressure and intense. it's not a place to work if you like to constantly hear what a great job you're doing - it's more "that's fine, but what have you done for me lately?"

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicating in such a huge global environment is tough, but we need to keep working on clear communication at multiple levels.

Great company. I was able to be myself in a large corporate environment

Director (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people, processes, and compensation. A great focus on results and execution that makes you feel accomplished and part of the overall strategy of the company.

ConsThe normal politics of a larger corporation. Overall very positive experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue focus on development of people. Sometimes development can be slow resulting in losing key talent.

Great place to learn and be challenged...

ProsSmart, driven, talented employees, team oriented environment. Opportunity to get involved in things that interest you outside of your day to day.

ConsWork load... work life balance means something different to everyone - be sure to strive for what works for you.

Positive transition from small company to F50 organization

Talent Acquisition Manager (Current Employee) White Plains, NY

ProsSummer and holiday hours - able to leave at 1 on Fridays between Memorial Day through end of August and between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Robust benefits program. Peapod delivery to office-free. Manager support positive. Flex to work from home.

ConsLack of resources during manager transitions.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop better transition plans/timing for managers rotating into new role. Better communication from leadership regarding changes/updates - more consistency.

Sales District Leader

Sales District Leader (Former Employee) Nampa, ID

ProsStable Wall street performance based Company. If you are new and out of college, good company to leap frog from.

ConsPoor managing skills of local Unit manager. Not a good company for long term employees. Company likes to save money by hiring new college Grads with out experience and replace veterans. Good company for five years and out the door.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis company was built by seasoned and long term employees. Sometimes it would be great to see a few of them stay around after you make your employee changes.

Good company; great supporting teams, too much politics

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood company to work for.

ConsNot too great in compensation.

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!