PepsiCo

Updated Jul 23, 2014

3.3 1,681 reviews

PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra K. Nooyi

Indra K. Nooyi

Pros
  • Work life balance was given to those who handled it responsibly(in 97 reviews)

• great pay and benefits, plenty of opportunities for growth, very stable company(in 49 reviews)

Cons
  • You have to be focused on your own work life balance because there's so much to do(in 216 reviews)

• long hours hard physical work, stressful at times to complete all requried(in 154 reviews)

1,681 Employee Reviews

Frito Lay - good pay but low raises and few chances to advance

Accounting (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsGood salary compared to similar companies, good work-life balance, tuition reimbursement, free chips at lunch

ConsCareer growth is entirely your responsibility. You write your own performance review then worry about whether you put enough in to be ranked well enough to get more than a 1.5% raise. Few openings for lower level positions and they're more likely to hire an outside candidate than promote from within and train. Extreme budget cuts will continue, so unless you're at HQ, there is little fun going on. Desks are so overloaded, employees don't feel comfortable taking training courses or participating in employee groups, while managers are in endless meetings. Tired of the constant paranoia about the next layoff or outsourcing, because there's been several in the past few years.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't play favorites. Employees need more help with career growth and holding people back because they're too valuable to their current area just makes them disengaged and want to leave. If you're going to start a new initiative, don't make everyone buy into it if it's only going to be abandoned 6 months down the road, like they usually are. If ERGs are so important, let people participate.

Pepsi Cola

Route Driver (Former Employee) Pittsburg, KS

ProsGreat crew to work with, a team environment, cooler stocked with barely outdated pop

ConsMassive workload, unreal pay to workload inequality, managers constantly had poor tempers and unconstructive criticism

good pay long hours

BCR (Current Employee)

Prosdecent benefits, decent pay, butlong hours

Conslittle room for improving pay

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Those who seek a work life balance need not apply

District Sales Leader (Current Employee)

ProsBenefits are descent, pay was competitive 15 years ago.

ConsEmployees have to take a pay cut if they want to move into entry level management. Then you spend the next 5-10 years trying to make back the money you lost from getting promoted. Work life balance sucks.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe expectations put on the frontline team are unreasonable. The company is moving to be more productive like most companies these days, but it is getting harder to finish the workload in a normal 12 hour day. Many days are more like 13-14 hours. Very hard to be positive for the frontline sales people when the management staff is burnt out. I used to enjoy my job when the company focused more on sales then productivity. Sales people don't want to do the job, so they call in sick, go out on LOA, or stress leave, and the managers are left running the routes. Because the managers are running routes they are not getting their jobs done. When their performance reviews come up at the end of the year, they will have to explain why they are not performing, or meeting their job responsibilities. Kind of hard to do when you don't have the staffing to run the business and no relief is in site.

Good company; great supporting teams, too much politics

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood company to work for.

ConsNot too great in compensation.

Transportation Resource

Transportation Resource (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsEmployees hired before 2012 still receive pension accurals, work-life balance is good so long as you are not working in production

ConsManagers are judged number on diverse promotions so if you are not a female or minority it is very difficult to advance. Medical and dental premiums/deducts are very high considering how large the company is.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire and promote the best canidate based on ability instead on diverse quotas

Better than being unemployed

RSR Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) King of Prussia, PA

ProsLarge Company, some opportunities, some stability, decent compensation

ConsNot much personal growth or advancement, no work life balance

Advice to Senior ManagementCut down on the excessive micromanagement.

Very challenging

Bay Delivery Driver (Current Employee) Fort Pierce, FL

ProsTop pay in area for local beverage delivery. Home everyday with minimal weekend work.

ConsHigh turn-over of drivers. Learning curve is minimal. Benefits are fair at best. Career growth opportunities seem very bias as to who you know rather than what you know or are capable of. Health benefits need a major overhaul.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to be more pro-active in reducing the turnover rate of drivers. Also honesty should be a top priority of management. I have seen to many deceptive activities within management and it is very discouraging to see this in such a large organization. Also fair practices on career growth opportunities should be initiated.

It taught me how to be the salesman I am today.

RSR (Former Employee) Visalia, CA

ProsI offers Health Ins, 401K

ConsYou work too many hours

Not for me

Driver, Merchandiser (Former Employee) Elyria, OH

ProsDescent pay, managers, benefits

ConsBad balance of work life and home life, old trucks, have to unload and merchandize every store from a 48foot trailer, customers can be very rude,

Advice to Senior ManagementThe managers at the location I was were pretty decent. Just keep up the good work.

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!