PepsiCo Reviews

Reset
1.5
PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra K. Nooyi
Indra K. Nooyi

Pros
  • Great Work/Life Balance environment (in 111 reviews)

• Above to slightly above average pay and benefits (in 52 reviews)

Cons
  • Talk of work-life balance is not uniformly adhered to (in 259 reviews)

• very long hours no work life balance (in 174 reviews)

good company

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Cranston, RI

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time

Pros

a lot of work all the time

Cons

no time tospend with your family

Once good now bad

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Cranston, RI

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Holiday Pay, not much else. Honestly, it was just ok working there until the last couple months, when it really hit the fan.

Cons

Where do I start? Underpaid, unappreciated, lousy benefits. The CSM's honestly don't care if you live or die, they only care about hitting their plan number and getting their bonus. They don't care if the store manager is mad that there are 10 carts in the back when there should only be 2-3. All because they want to use a flawed computerized ordering system, and order sales/end caps to region and not store specific. I had to file complaints with my state's DLT because I was told I couldn't take a lunch break. In my time with the company we had to have the union file 3 class grievances on other matters because of how they poorly they treated and deceived us. And stores, it literally got to the point where just saying "Frito Lay" to someone would cause their eyes to roll. Having to deceive customers. In m time with the company 'regular' size lays became 'party size' and regular size shrunk in size all the while tricking customers by raising prices for a corresponding smaller size. I was working 60-65 weeks the last couple months I was there, and while the OT was nice, it wasn't worth all grief I would have to hear from managers because of things I had no control over.

Advice to Management

GES is killing the company. The stores don't like it, the employees don't like, and even the customers don't like it. You're going to start losing accounts and shelf space unless you pull your head out of your rear end and start listening to your employees, and stop having suits that don't the market and have never been in the stores making decisions.

PepsiCo Response

Jul 13, 2015 – Talent Manager

We appreciate the feedback. If you feel you have experienced anything that goes against the PepsiCo Code of Conduct please make sure to reach out to the Speak Up hotline and report it.

3. Merchandiser

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Cranston, RI
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Cranston, RI

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None that I can think. Seriously, it was a miserable time from beginning to end. Maybe getting double pay on holidays but even that is a stretch.

Cons

Let's see: Had to work 50-60 hour weeks Was told I couldn't take lunch break Carts constantly delivered to the wrong stores and out of order No communication from managers what so ever Lousy pay, lousy benefits.

Advice to Management

Get your head out of your behind and start respecting your people. Communicate things. Stop lying to people and treat people like you would want to be treated.

PepsiCo Response

May 12, 2015 – Talent Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. If you suspect a possible violation of our Code of Conduct while you were employed at PepsiCo, we encourage you to Speak Up and report it at ... More

Gets worse every year

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Cranston, RI

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Not sure there any left

Cons

After 12 year I'm making less then when I started , benefit cost go up every year I no longer even take there benefits there such a joke , management is a joke they have no clue what's going on and they bother you like they know it all when they have no idea what it's like to do my job . Also they treat you like a moron

Advice to Management

Haha where to start with that

6. Normal Company

Current Employee - Temporary Produciton Line Associate in Cranston, RI
    Current Employee - Temporary Produciton Line Associate in Cranston, RI

I have been working at PepsiCo part-time (More than a year)

Pros

decent pay, good benefits, normal work life balance

Cons

unclear how to move up in the company

Advice to Management

Recruit College Graduates in your local area, and invest in them.

Are you F'ing kidding me?

Former Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative in Cranston, RI
    Former Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative in Cranston, RI

I worked at PepsiCo

Pros

Benefits, Benefits, Benefits, Benefits, Benefits

Cons

Working 60 to 65 hours every week is for slaves! if you miss 1 stop out of the whole week they wanna write you up, they wanna talk about safety all the time when you're driving around in death traps, their trucks are super old. The managers smile in your face and stave you in the back! The turnover rate is crazy, only the guys that have been there for 10,15,20 years don't go anywhere cause they got too much time invested in the company and when they started it wasn't like this. All of the guys that got hire with me are gone after only a year. Having a normal life and working for this company as an RSR is nearly impossible, and there's no pay for overtime! Yes you heard it right! no pay for overtime is all base on sales, expect to work every holiday except for thanksgiving and Christmas. This company doesn't care one bit about their employees all they care is about numbers to the point where you have DSL's blowing up displays, doubling or tripling deliveries to a store when they have a Senior manager doing a tour of a store only to have employees take it all back once they leave, Am talking about a store that usually takes $500 a week they would bring in $2000 in one day! not even give you help and then expect you to do the rest of the day and finish at the same time when you have three time as much work. I lost 25 pounds in the first three moths working for this company because you have to hit the rode at 130m/hour if you slow down for one minute don't expect to be done on time, and every where you walk into people give you an attitude because they have such a bad customer service, they literately say very sarcastically : Oh! Frito is here! No communication between managers! I had three managers call me one day withing 5 minutes of one another to change my schedule without knowing the other had call. Bottom line the company needs some major overhauling when it comes to the way they treat their employees that are out there putting up the work!

Advice to Management

Better communication between managers and DSL's, it feel like they're always looking for a way to screwed you, and to the Senior VP in TX: if you really wanna see how things are run send someone undercover don't announce when your coming cause they make it look good for you, Just show up or send someone undercover and see what happens, it makes no sense to let them know when you're showing up!

Showing 6 of 2,749 reviews