PepsiCo

3.4
2,057 Reviews

PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra K. Nooyi
Indra K. Nooyi

Pros
  • Work life balance at Pepsico is the one shining facet that it holds (in 111 reviews)

• PepsiCo offers great pay and benefits and is truly a fun place to work (in 52 reviews)

Cons
  • You have to be focused on your own work life balance because there's so much to do (in 259 reviews)

• long hours hard physical work, stressful at times to complete all requried (in 174 reviews)

More Highlights

126 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Sr Director

Former Employee - Senior Director in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Director in Plano, TX

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great people. Change is accepted and welcomed. Good culture at HQ.

Cons

Lots of layers at the executive level with overlapping accountabilities and goals. Mutliple teams fighting for the same productivity $. Tough for mid level managers to move past director level as

IT environment getting worse

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in Plano, TX

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I worked at Pepsico for 5 years. When I originally hired, it was a good company to work for. Work life balance ok, good salaries, advancement opportunities.

Cons

Upper level management is making a conscience choice to outsource most of IT so they do everything with very few resources. The implementation for SAP wasn't successful. Frito-Lay decided to stay in Oracle for financials instead of having it all in SAP. A lot of customizations were made in the software making it difficult to support and maintain. They make you work very long hours and the management is terrible. I worked for two managers who finally got laid off but it took a while. They have a lot of managers that are "people managers" meaning that they know how to approve time and vacation but they have no clue what their IT resources really do. They are well compensated but they force the real management of the team to their employees. If you are looking for a good IT job, I wouldn't recommend working here. I know many people who are still here and they are all miserable and say that it is only getting worse. Everyone stays only because of the money and the compensation.

Be hands on and technical if you manage a technical team. Understand what your resources actually do. Speak up about lack of resources and tell upper management that outsourcing for most of IT doesn't make sense.

Great place to work for the big company experience

Current Employee - OMD Analyst in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - OMD Analyst in Plano, TX

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of opportunities
    Role mobility
    Supportive managers
    Focused on Consumers AND Employees

Cons

Can get lost in the huge matrix
    Must be active in networking and growing your brand or you will be passed over
    Siloed budgets and work

Focus on front line engagement and quality as much as executives.

Pepsi stay away like EBOLA if your a technical person

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Was a great company now Indra is trashing it. Used to value it employees now all it cares about is its stock price so it can be bought out. The managers at Pepsi are just as afraid of their job as the employees.

Cons

In June, 2014 they outsourced almost all IT to HCL Technologies, 250 people. HCL came in with no plan and remaining Pepsi employees have chosen to make it difficult for those rebadge. It is now a sweat shop that only values the amount of stress you can handle.

Get Rid of the CEO and Robert Dixon

Solid

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at PepsiCo as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

I worked on the SAP HCM implementation and it was very thorough. The leadership on the project was exceptional and methodical.

Cons

I really do not have any at this time.

Fast paced, highly collaborative culture but learned so much

Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Plano, TX

I worked at PepsiCo as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The people are fantastic and willing to help regardless of their position. Highly collaborative culture and matrix organization means that people interaction is the key to success. Environment is fun and entertaining. Employee resource groups abound and your people engagement is just as important as your business success.

Cons

Tough place for introverts given the nature of the collaborations. Despite being dependent on sharing, technological and software systems do not support culture.

Consider implementing technological tools to improve collaborative efficiencies. Also consider designing specific workspaces for creative collaboration and ideation as well as solitude and more cerebral individual processing.

A general corporate feel.

Former Employee - Consumer Relations Representative in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Consumer Relations Representative in Plano, TX

I worked at PepsiCo as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Friendly co-workers, time off policies, pay is ok

Cons

Telling managers you are also interested in doing other things within the department....goes in one ear and out the other.

Listen to your workers.

Summer Internship - Finance MBA

Current Employee - Finance MBA in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Finance MBA in Plano, TX

I have been working at PepsiCo as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Incredible global company w/ huge depth of experience, opportunities for advancement, and ability to explore different areas of the company throughout your career.

Cons

Due to the ever-changing 'rotational' nature of positions at PepsiCo, there are some issues w/ continuity / knowledge transfer but that is a trade-off they appear comfortable with.

They dont care

Former Employee - Applications Management Team in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Applications Management Team in Plano, TX

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people were great. That is about the only thing that was great about it.

Cons

Pepsi is not people driven like it used to be. Now it is driven by the desire to outsource jobs.

Great Place to Intern and Work

Current Employee - BIS Intern in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - BIS Intern in Plano, TX

I have been working at PepsiCo as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I am in the last few weeks of my summer internship with the PepsiCo BIS in Plano, TX. It has been an incredible experience. I have been put in real working situations and given responsibilities that full time employees would receive. They put you on a team and you work for them as if you were there full time. It is a great way to get a feel for the job and the company as a whole. They offer plenty of tours and events with other interns to meet executives and experience the welcoming culture of PepsiCo firsthand. We actually had the opportunity to have a video conference with Indra herself which just shows the emphasis PepsiCo puts on fostering new talent.

As for pay, they definitely make it worth my time. They also gave us money for housing which was great as I had to travel across the country to work here and I wouldn't feel comfortable living in a really cheap area of town. In our division, we have a good chance of getting full time offers if we work hard and exhibit the skills that PepsiCo values, which is also a huge perk. I have heard there are opportunities to progress within the company as well but I can't say much about that as an intern. I have, however, seen that PepsiCo offers tons of training courses and certifications to continue growing your career.

It is right next to plenty of other large corporate offices like Capital One and Intel. Overall, it is an incredible area to live. I can't complain at all about the location. They also offer summer hours which means we can get half day Fridays to be with friends and family.

Overall, this is a great place to intern and work. It has very competitive salaries and the working environment can't be beat. Highly recommend.

Cons

There haven't been a ton of cons. One thing that has been difficult to adjust to is the very diverse employee population. There are occasional language and cultural barriers in the workplace, but that can be seen as a pro in terms of talent and new perspectives.

Continue to reach out to the interns. The information and enthusiasm provided by management is what creates the environment that makes PepsiCo great.