PepsiCo

PepsiCo Reviews in Plano, TX

Updated Jul 21, 2014

PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra K. Nooyi

Indra K. Nooyi

Pros
  • Work life balance was given to those who handled it responsibly(in 97 reviews)

• great pay and benefits, plenty of opportunities for growth, very stable company(in 49 reviews)

Cons
  • You have to be focused on your own work life balance because there's so much to do(in 216 reviews)

• long hours hard physical work, stressful at times to complete all requried(in 154 reviews)

113 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Outstanding work environment

Talent Acquisition Senior Manager (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsThe people at this company are top shelf. Not only do I work with the best and brightest but I enjoy them from a personal standpoint. This is a place for people that are high-energy and want to win. The company continues to evolve from a food and beverage standpoint which is exciting to see. Salary is extremely fair compared to the rest of the market.

ConsWorkload is huge but that's what you sign up for when joining the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to evolve from a healthy food and beverage offering.

Great stable company, best compensation

Director (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsCompensation is excellent compared to many of the F50 corporations. Stable organization. Opportunities to move up exist below the Sr. Manager level and most hires are internal employees.

ConsMoving up is very political especially at the Sr. Manager and above level, need to have connections, many of the staff have been here for a long time so not much innovation in IT and lack of acceptance to change.

Fantastic company to work for!

Talent Acquisition (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsGreat flexibility, competitive salary, fun corporate culture, lots of collaboration, reasonable career growth, also very innovative - not just with the product development but also within each function's workstream

ConsWhile not a con for everyone, PepsiCo is a very fast paced work environment, which results in constant process changes and new technology to learn on a constant basis. This can be a huge hurdle for certain types of personalities.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun Place to Work

Talent Acquisition (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsCollaborative work environment, management helps with career growth by delegating project work and teaming you up with a mentor. Work life balance and employee resource groups are viewed as a must by all employees and management. Starbucks and Gym on site at FLNA HQ.

ConsLong hours at times, Cafeteria food - bland and cost is too high, building needs a remodel.

Frito Lay - good pay but low raises and few chances to advance

Accounting (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsGood salary compared to similar companies, good work-life balance, tuition reimbursement, free chips at lunch

ConsCareer growth is entirely your responsibility. You write your own performance review then worry about whether you put enough in to be ranked well enough to get more than a 1.5% raise. Few openings for lower level positions and they're more likely to hire an outside candidate than promote from within and train. Extreme budget cuts will continue, so unless you're at HQ, there is little fun going on. Desks are so overloaded, employees don't feel comfortable taking training courses or participating in employee groups, while managers are in endless meetings. Tired of the constant paranoia about the next layoff or outsourcing, because there's been several in the past few years.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't play favorites. Employees need more help with career growth and holding people back because they're too valuable to their current area just makes them disengaged and want to leave. If you're going to start a new initiative, don't make everyone buy into it if it's only going to be abandoned 6 months down the road, like they usually are. If ERGs are so important, let people participate.

Not the same company it was 5 years ago.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsGreat people. Flexibility to work from home.

ConsLong hours. Hard to get ahead without an advanced degree. Unrealistic expectations.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't just talk about work life balance. Make it a reality.

Frito-Lay: Good place to work with lots of opportunities

Financial Manager (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsMany employee resource groups
    Fun work environment
    In house salon and fitness center
    Back up care benefits
    Half day Fridays
    Many opportunities for diverse experiences
    Finance perspective valued
    Very smart people

ConsAggressive perspective on career advancement - expected to move on to new roles every 18 - 24 months; slowing down for work/life balance or different career goals not respected

Certain groups (new MBAs, TX grads) clearly exalted over more tenured, experienced employees

Very well run, a significant presence in Dallas.

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsBeautiful working facility. Very employee consideration.

ConsI little hard to get one's foot in the door for employment

Advice to Senior ManagementMore contact with employees.

PepsiCo is a very results oriented company, but there are considerable differences between the different divisions.

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsReasonable compensation and benefits. Work with talented group of people. Most managers take seriously developing their people. Those who get results are rewarded.

ConsTalk of work-life balance is not uniformly adhered to. It is very contingent on division and/or manager. Expectations for participating in external charitable causes are very high and a key part of employee's performance appraisal.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop paying lip service to work-life balance.

Great place to work

Manager Technology (Current Employee) Plano, TX

Proswork life balance is good as is the office culture

Consoutsourcing and job cuts in technology

Advice to Senior ManagementShould provide training opportunities that are evaluated for effectiveness by the trainees

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!