PepsiCo

PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra K. Nooyi

Indra K. Nooyi

111 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Outstanding work environment

Talent Acquisition Senior Manager (Current Employee)
    Plano, TX

ProsThe people at this company are top shelf. Not only do I work with the best and brightest but I enjoy them from a personal standpoint. This is a place for people that are high-energy and want to win. The company continues to evolve from a food and beverage standpoint which is exciting to see. Salary is extremely fair compared to the rest of the market.

ConsWorkload is huge but that's what you sign up for when joining the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to evolve from a healthy food and beverage offering.

Fantastic company to work for!

Talent Acquisition (Current Employee)
    Plano, TX

ProsGreat flexibility, competitive salary, fun corporate culture, lots of collaboration, reasonable career growth, also very innovative - not just with the product development but also within each function's workstream

ConsWhile not a con for everyone, PepsiCo is a very fast paced work environment, which results in constant process changes and new technology to learn on a constant basis. This can be a huge hurdle for certain types of personalities.

Fun Place to Work

Talent Acquisition (Current Employee)
    Plano, TX

ProsCollaborative work environment, management helps with career growth by delegating project work and teaming you up with a mentor. Work life balance and employee resource groups are viewed as a must by all employees and management. Starbucks and Gym on site at FLNA HQ.

ConsLong hours at times, Cafeteria food - bland and cost is too high, building needs a remodel.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Frito-Lay: Good place to work with lots of opportunities

Financial Manager (Current Employee)

ProsMany employee resource groups
    Fun work environment
    In house salon and fitness center
    Back up care benefits
    Half day Fridays
    Many opportunities for diverse experiences
    Finance perspective valued
    Very smart people

ConsAggressive perspective on career advancement - expected to move on to new roles every 18 - 24 months; slowing down for work/life balance or different career goals not respected

Certain groups (new MBAs, TX grads) clearly exalted over more tenured, experienced employees

Not the same company it was 5 years ago.

Plano, TX

ProsGreat people. Flexibility to work from home.

ConsLong hours. Hard to get ahead without an advanced degree. Unrealistic expectations.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't just talk about work life balance. Make it a reality.

PepsiCo is a very results oriented company, but there are considerable differences between the different divisions.

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
    Plano, TX

ProsReasonable compensation and benefits. Work with talented group of people. Most managers take seriously developing their people. Those who get results are rewarded.

ConsTalk of work-life balance is not uniformly adhered to. It is very contingent on division and/or manager. Expectations for participating in external charitable causes are very high and a key part of employee's performance appraisal.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop paying lip service to work-life balance.

Very well run, a significant presence in Dallas.

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)
    Plano, TX

ProsBeautiful working facility. Very employee consideration.

ConsI little hard to get one's foot in the door for employment

Advice to Senior ManagementMore contact with employees.

Great place to work

Manager Technology (Current Employee)
    Plano, TX

Proswork life balance is good as is the office culture

Consoutsourcing and job cuts in technology

Advice to Senior ManagementShould provide training opportunities that are evaluated for effectiveness by the trainees

BIS, the technology division of PepsiCo

Senior IT Analyst (Current Employee)
    Plano, TX

ProsIf you have a technological niche, you have job security.
    The work-life balance exists for family emergencies and health issues.

ConsLack of direction in the BIS division of PepsiCo leaves many feeling like they are spinning their wheels.
    Uncertain future as more BIS jobs are being outsourced.
    Benefits have steadily declined over the last 5 years PepsiCo wide and it appears that trend will continue.
    The company used to be very employee centric. Since Indra Nooyi took over the focus has changed to cutting costs where ever possible so double digit growth can be maintained.

Advice to Senior ManagementA happy employee is a more productive employee. Leadership has completely lost sight of this or has chosen to ignore it to save money. If you want to retain a skilled workforce, the employer must keep its employees happy.

No Work/Life balance in IT.

Enterprise Database Services (Former Employee)
    Plano, TX

ProsCompetitive Benefits. 401K matching. good salary. There is room for move horizontally within the company and seems to be easy. Its a great place to get in, get alot of experience and get out. Free give aways in certain buildings(Free soda if in Pepsi building, Free Chips if in Frito-lay Building, Free Oatmeal if in Quaker Oats, etc).

ConsThere is a lot of conflict within the teams in IT. The culture is very cancerous and not conducive to collaboration. Middle Management constantly fights and throws other teams under the bus. Work life balance is hit or miss depending on what team you were on.

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!

PepsiCo Videos

PepsiCo – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PepsiCo reviews and ratings in Plano, TX — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PepsiCo CEO Indra K. Nooyi. All 111 reviews posted anonymously by PepsiCo employees.