PepsiCo Reviews in Plano, TX

3.5
1,820 Reviews

PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra K. Nooyi
Indra K. Nooyi

Pros
  • Work life balance was given to those who handled it responsibly (in 99 reviews)

• great pay and benefits, plenty of opportunities for growth, very stable company (in 49 reviews)

Cons
  • You have to be focused on your own work life balance because there's so much to do (in 218 reviews)

• long hours hard physical work, stressful at times to complete all requried (in 153 reviews)

More Highlights

121 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Solid

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at PepsiCo as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

I worked on the SAP HCM implementation and it was very thorough. The leadership on the project was exceptional and methodical.

Cons

I really do not have any at this time.

Fast paced, highly collaborative culture but learned so much

Former Employee - Marketing Intern  in  Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Plano, TX

I worked at PepsiCo as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The people are fantastic and willing to help regardless of their position. Highly collaborative culture and matrix organization means that people interaction is the key to success. Environment is fun and entertaining. Employee resource groups abound and your people engagement is just as important as your business success.

Cons

Tough place for introverts given the nature of the collaborations. Despite being dependent on sharing, technological and software systems do not support culture.

Consider implementing technological tools to improve collaborative efficiencies. Also consider designing specific workspaces for creative collaboration and ideation as well as solitude and more cerebral individual processing.

A general corporate feel.

Former Employee - Consumer Relations Representative  in  Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Consumer Relations Representative in Plano, TX

I worked at PepsiCo as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Friendly co-workers, time off policies, pay is ok

Cons

Telling managers you are also interested in doing other things within the department....goes in one ear and out the other.

Listen to your workers.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Summer Internship - Finance MBA

Current Employee - Finance MBA  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Finance MBA in Plano, TX

I have been working at PepsiCo as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Incredible global company w/ huge depth of experience, opportunities for advancement, and ability to explore different areas of the company throughout your career.

Cons

Due to the ever-changing 'rotational' nature of positions at PepsiCo, there are some issues w/ continuity / knowledge transfer but that is a trade-off they appear comfortable with.

Great Place to Intern and Work

Current Employee - BIS Intern  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - BIS Intern in Plano, TX

I have been working at PepsiCo as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I am in the last few weeks of my summer internship with the PepsiCo BIS in Plano, TX. It has been an incredible experience. I have been put in real working situations and given responsibilities that full time employees would receive. They put you on a team and you work for them as if you were there full time. It is a great way to get a feel for the job and the company as a whole. They offer plenty of tours and events with other interns to meet executives and experience the welcoming culture of PepsiCo firsthand. We actually had the opportunity to have a video conference with Indra herself which just shows the emphasis PepsiCo puts on fostering new talent.

As for pay, they definitely make it worth my time. They also gave us money for housing which was great as I had to travel across the country to work here and I wouldn't feel comfortable living in a really cheap area of town. In our division, we have a good chance of getting full time offers if we work hard and exhibit the skills that PepsiCo values, which is also a huge perk. I have heard there are opportunities to progress within the company as well but I can't say much about that as an intern. I have, however, seen that PepsiCo offers tons of training courses and certifications to continue growing your career.

It is right next to plenty of other large corporate offices like Capital One and Intel. Overall, it is an incredible area to live. I can't complain at all about the location. They also offer summer hours which means we can get half day Fridays to be with friends and family.

Overall, this is a great place to intern and work. It has very competitive salaries and the working environment can't be beat. Highly recommend.

Cons

There haven't been a ton of cons. One thing that has been difficult to adjust to is the very diverse employee population. There are occasional language and cultural barriers in the workplace, but that can be seen as a pro in terms of talent and new perspectives.

Continue to reach out to the interns. The information and enthusiasm provided by management is what creates the environment that makes PepsiCo great.

A fun, engaging, and challenging immersion into fast-paced engineering and product development.

Current Employee - Research Engineer  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Research Engineer in Plano, TX

I have been working at PepsiCo as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS INTERNSHIP!

This internship is challenging, rewarding, collaborative and results-driven. At first I was given a lot of nurture and guidance on how to begin my project, but within a matter of weeks the guard-rails came off and my project really became my own. I decided what steps to take, how to get there, who to collaborate with to make it there, and I managed the time around my own project. However, the support was always there if I needed it with a large team of management and technical resources. Since I worked in R&D, my project was technically challenging and it was amazing seeing that my research had immediate business impact on millions of dollars. It was very rewarding to progress in the project and see it take shape. It made it exciting and I wanted to keep going. We had to present project progress every month to senior leadership, including vice presidents and senior scientists. This was intimidating at first, but it helped me cultivate crucial skills in communicating complicated scientific research succinctly to management so they could make decisions. This internship really equipped me for a professional career.

Also, speaking of work-life balance, the company culture and atmosphere at PepsiCo (I worked at Frito-Lay) is really unbeatable. Everybody is upbeat, fast-paced and willing to get their hands dirty to help you. Yet everyone is ready to go home at 5 P.M. and be with their families and enjoy the weekend. Work-life balance is important here and the friendly culture here will make you believe it. I cannot express enough the impression the warm people at this company made on me to make me feel at home and like I was a meaningful part of the family.

One last thing: this company is ethically responsible and driven to make enjoyable products that are good for society, which is very important to me. I was very impressed learning about the company's goals and seeing all of it in action. You could not pick a more ethical company in the industry to work for, in my opinion. PepsiCo strives to make healthier, safer products that leave a smaller footprint on the environment but still taste delicious and bring smiles to people's faces. Working here, you will really take pride seeing your work on a shelf and knowing the work that went into bringing it there.

Cons

The first few weeks of internship can be overwhelming. Mountains of training and meetings and you immediately present on your project just a couple weeks after arriving when you don't really know much of anything. It's a lot of pressure all at once with a lot of new faces, but it eases up soon enough when you get the hang of things. The internship was also heavy in statistics, so if you're weak in statistics, you might struggle. Also, the corporate structure is very defined, which can be a pro or a con depending on how you want to progress in a company. Here at Frito-Lay, you get promotions at a defined pace as you move up in levels and there's little deviation outside that model. If you like less structure in your corporate ladder, this might be a downside for you. Finally, I had to work significant overtime to handle my project in the 12-week time frame. The nature of the experiments in my project often required me to stay longer than a 9 hour business day, so I had to work more than I was expecting. However, they pay well for overtime and you can manage it as your project needs it.

PepsiCo seems like a great company that clearly values the retention and development of their employees.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at PepsiCo as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Decent pay, friendly culture, results-driven mentality, work-life balance (employees feel comfortable using the gym and outdoor running trails or basketball courts at lunch), adequate training resources, comfortable travel accommodations, horizontal rotations every 18 months, half-day Fridays all summer, and between Thanksgiving and Christmas

Cons

Things seem to move somewhat slow as expected with a company of this size. Many organizational layers, and may be difficult to be noticed in such a large talent pool.

Continue focus on training and employee development through frequent job rotations. Allow top performing employees to work from home occasionally.

Good Internship Program

Current Employee - BIS Intern  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - BIS Intern in Plano, TX

I have been working at PepsiCo as an intern for less than a year

Pros

PepsiCo has a great internship program. They schedule a lot of events for you to really get the feel of the company's culture. Everyone is very welcoming and wants to help the interns get the most of the summer. The feel of the BIS function is very relaxed and supportive, but everyone also works hard to get the job done. A very stress-free internship experience. They really care about the future employees of the company and there is a lot of room to grow here. They also pay very well for an internship. They allow for a good work/life balance. Made many friends within the company.

Cons

They did not give me very much responsibility or work to do, so it was difficult to learn new skills through this internship. Learned a lot about the corporate world and how a large company works, but because of the lack of tasks I was given, I didn't necessarily learn any new technical skills. Sometimes I was bored with nothing to do. They focus a lot on you getting to know the PepsiCo culture, but almost not enough on what a real time job in BIS would be like. However, I understand that giving a lot of responsibility to an intern can be risky, and that most likely internships at other companies would be similar.

Outstanding work environment

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Senior Manager  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Senior Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people at this company are top shelf. Not only do I work with the best and brightest but I enjoy them from a personal standpoint. This is a place for people that are high-energy and want to win. The company continues to evolve from a food and beverage standpoint which is exciting to see. Salary is extremely fair compared to the rest of the market.

Cons

Workload is huge but that's what you sign up for when joining the company.

Continue to evolve from a healthy food and beverage offering.

Great stable company, best compensation

Current Employee - Director  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Plano, TX

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Compensation is excellent compared to many of the F50 corporations. Stable organization. Opportunities to move up exist below the Sr. Manager level and most hires are internal employees.

Cons

Moving up is very political especially at the Sr. Manager and above level, need to have connections, many of the staff have been here for a long time so not much innovation in IT and lack of acceptance to change.

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!