PepsiCo

PepsiCo Reviews in Purchase, NY

Updated Jul 16, 2014

PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra K. Nooyi

Indra K. Nooyi

Pros
  • Work life balance was given to those who handled it responsibly(in 97 reviews)

• great pay and benefits, plenty of opportunities for growth, very stable company(in 49 reviews)

Cons
  • You have to be focused on your own work life balance because there's so much to do(in 216 reviews)

• long hours hard physical work, stressful at times to complete all requried(in 154 reviews)

62 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great place to start

Analyst (Former Employee) Purchase, NY

ProsWorked part-time, staff was great management was great too. Offered a job full-time when I was a part-time worker. Company promotes well.

ConsOnly there a short time, no cons to note of.

Advice to Senior ManagementThanks for the experience.

PepsiCo feels like home

Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Current Employee) Purchase, NY

ProsWork-life balance & flexibility; Ability to learn, network and grow within a supportive but friendly and competitive environment. PepsiCo has products & core values that you can be proud of

ConsAs somebody that has worked closely with the admin community, it'd be great if bonuses, even if small, were part of everybody's compensation

Great Place to Work

Senior Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) Purchase, NY

ProsFun, friendly culture. Lots of opportunity for advancement.

ConsSmall annual salary increases and promotional increases. Excessive workload.

Advice to Senior ManagementPrioritize key activities/deliverables for all roles, otherwise it is overwhelming and nothing gets completed.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worth The Commute.......

Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) Purchase, NY

ProsGreat brands, great/smart talented employee base, strategically focused, proven winner with a drive for results.

ConsSometimes bites off more than it can chew. Never a dull moment. Need time to recharge the battery at times. But the good news is that I feel i do have the flexibility to do so.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet's decide on the most important initiatives annually versus all the initiatives. Better focus and flawless execution on fewer projects and initiatives.

It's what you make of it

Manager (Current Employee) Purchase, NY

Proswork/life balance, world renowned brands, opportunity for growth if you are patient, reputation of PepsiCo to external recruiters

Conssalary & income increase over time, teams run as lean as possible leading to, at times, overworked associates. extremely hierarchical - very level and band focused.

Great place to work

Associate Manager, Strategy (Former Employee) Purchase, NY

ProsLots of opportunities to grow and potential to move up fast. The pay is great, too

ConsLots of churn and directors don't really create the direction of the brand

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

No clear way to make decisions. Looking just to competitors and not to internal research. Afraid to try new things.

MBA Intern (Former Employee) Purchase, NY

ProsSecure job. Nice people. Concert perks.

ConsNo innovation just followership. Relies too much on consultants for direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop paying attention to $$$ consultants or industry reports. Take a hard look at real numbers and how things are operating. You've got the talent but give them freedom to work their magic.

Laid back engineering work

Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) Purchase, NY

ProsYou get to work with a great team and they pay you very well

ConsPepsi will put you tasks that will be boring but they are reasonably important and carry responsibility.

Advice to Senior ManagementI love my manager and the rest of his team. They will listen to my team and I before anyone else and they have a lot of trust in us

Incredible opportunity for career growth

Executive Assistant (Current Employee) Purchase, NY

ProsWith constant flexing markets and PepsiCo maintaining modern applications to "Run the Show" there was always room to learn just one more thing creating a sense of versatility. In the Administrative role, in order to function you would have to wear many hats and maintain flexibility for success. Very competitive environment. Skills learned and achievements prepare one for any environment.

ConsManagement specific... lack of ability to adhere to core values. The work existed however management failure to acknowledge efforts, stick to work life balance rule. Almost as if "your good at what you do, stay right there", "You are a loyal employee, you are stuck"

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you have a stellar employee. Don't push them out the door based on specific current moments, with lack of consideration towards what was actually done over the years. Serious lack of ability to retain talent with lack of acknowledgement. Not good.

Took all I could take....

Analyst (Former Employee) Purchase, NY

ProsBeautiful grounds
    World known brand
    Central location

ConsENORMOUS disparity in workload. Some sit all day on facebook while others drown in projects and paper! Preach work-life balance but it is selective at best. The VP and Directors of my former group were never in the office! Always "WORKING FROM HOME". While everyone else slaved away! And it became so TOXIC! People jumping ship every day!

Advice to Senior ManagementCLEAN HOUSE! Starting at the top!!!!

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!