PepsiCo

Updated Mar 13, 2014

PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra K. Nooyi

Indra K. Nooyi

54 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Incredible opportunity for career growth

Executive Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time for more than 5 years

ProsWith constant flexing markets and PepsiCo maintaining modern applications to "Run the Show" there was always room to learn just one more thing creating a sense of versatility. In the Administrative role, in order to function you would have to wear many hats and maintain flexibility for success. Very competitive environment. Skills learned and achievements prepare one for any environment.

ConsManagement specific... lack of ability to adhere to core values. The work existed however management failure to acknowledge efforts, stick to work life balance rule. Almost as if "your good at what you do, stay right there", "You are a loyal employee, you are stuck"

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you have a stellar employee. Don't push them out the door based on specific current moments, with lack of consideration towards what was actually done over the years. Serious lack of ability to retain talent with lack of acknowledgement. Not good.

Took all I could take....

Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsBeautiful grounds
World known brand
Central location

ConsENORMOUS disparity in workload. Some sit all day on facebook while others drown in projects and paper! Preach work-life balance but it is selective at best. The VP and Directors of my former group were never in the office! Always "WORKING FROM HOME". While everyone else slaved away! And it became so TOXIC! People jumping ship every day!

Advice to Senior ManagementCLEAN HOUSE! Starting at the top!!!!

Great Learning Experience for First Postgraduate job

Laboratory Technician (Former Employee)
Purchase, NY

I worked at PepsiCo full-time for more than a year

ProsIntensive training, involved management, flexibility, supportive team environment

ConsLots of pressure to meet last minute deadlines for projects

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter time management of projects

PepsiCo HQ

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)

I worked at PepsiCo full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat people - world class building and grounds - FUN company like a college campus. Taste new products first, see new commercials, very exciting

ConsLike many companies during the recession - did a lot of layoffs

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployee loyalty hit an all time low after the last batch layoffs.

Sr. Brand Manager

Senior Brand Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat people. Fun and dynamic industry.

ConsHigh cost of living. Promotions are based more on tenure than performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on righting your compensation structure and rewarding high performers. You're culture is great, but not enough to make up for paying ~10% less than peer companies.

Great company to work for and free soda in the lobby...not that i drink soda LOL

Data Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time for more than 5 years

Prosthey have money to invest in employees and technology

ConsNY is expensive place to live

Advice to Senior Managementpromote more woman in IT

Corporate HQ

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at PepsiCo full-time for more than 5 years

ProsWell known company, can open doors in your career in the future.
Can move around within the company to different positions, if you know the right people.
Can try new products when they come out.

ConsFast moving environment, often stressful and demanding.
Constant changes and turnover can make it difficult.
Tight timeframes often with little warning.
Promotions and opportunities are hard to come by unless you have backers.
Takes a long time to make decisions, need a lot of approvals and there is a lot of red tape/bureaucracy
No employee discount.

Associate Marketing Manager

Associate Marketing Manager (Current Employee)
Purchase, NY

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time for more than a year

ProsGood work-life balance for Marketing

ConsLong commute out of New York City

Great place and good people

Associate Finance Manager (Former Employee)
Purchase, NY

I worked at PepsiCo full-time for less than a year

ProsEverything provided to succeed as a professional

ConsSalary growth consistent with industry growth

Shadow of a company it once was:(

Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at PepsiCo full-time for more than 10 years

ProsConveinent location throughout tri-state area. World recognized brands with talented visionaries. Great name to have on resume.

ConsSadly, there are more cons than pros! Constant re-org and layoffs instilled a very toxic and demoralizing environment. Staff is extremely overworked. Many departmental managers, directors and vp's never show up for work! While collecting large sums of money...leaving the middle/support staff overworked and not challenged. No appreciation or recognition for hard work, loyalty and commitment to company. No real career path or succession plan of career. Translation – NO GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES! People are put into positions because of how the look and who they know. Let’s face it – Pepsi is a world class branding company; and that rolls into the “types” of people they put into positions (unfortunately many managers, dir, and VP’s are not qualified for the positions they hold). They claim to be such an advocate of work-life balance and workplace development; yet they stripped away opportunities for: Job-share, part time, flextime, telecommuting. Not part of the culture, it is a case by case thing. Most of the Managers rely heavily on support staff to carry them. While they offer courses and training for Administrative/Support staff, it is not to help further their careers. They pigeon hole associates into those positions, dumping more accountability but not raising their grade level or title. People are not equitably compensated for type of work and responsibilities they are entrusted with. They don’t value experience and knowledge and thus are losing phenomenal talent. It is a shame really!

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-evaluate the culture of the company. Understanding PepsiCo has many Fortune 1000 companies under its umbrella; realize it is difficult to morph established cultures into one giant culture. POWER of ONE not be just about branding, but about strengthening and recognizing talent. Pay close attention to those you entrust in departmental management (Directors and VP’s included!). Hold random weigh ins with those in support roles (Administrative, Coordinators, Analysts, Specialists…etc.) on how they feel their managers are doing. Allow them to participate in Managerial review feedback – or 360’s. Do organizational surveys once a year…..and really pay attention to them! And hold value and respect those who do Perform with Purpose! Not just show up for work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I say this because, while I left the company earlier this year, after nearly two decades; I still have pride and love for the company! And wish it continued success….more importantly, I would like to see it become the company and namesake it once was! Good luck!

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!

PepsiCo Videos

PepsiCo – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PepsiCo reviews and ratings in Purchase, NY — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PepsiCo CEO Indra K. Nooyi. All 54 reviews posted anonymously by PepsiCo employees.