PepsiCo

3.4
2,176 Reviews

PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra K. Nooyi
Indra K. Nooyi

Pros
  • Work life balance at Pepsico is the one shining facet that it holds (in 111 reviews)

• PepsiCo offers great pay and benefits and is truly a fun place to work (in 52 reviews)

Cons
  • You have to be focused on your own work life balance because there's so much to do (in 259 reviews)

• long hours hard physical work, stressful at times to complete all requried (in 174 reviews)

More Highlights

1. Featured Review

Pepsi Co is an organization that challenges you to be your best personally and professionally

Current Employee - Innovation in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Innovation in Plano, TX

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

You will work with the best and brightest, you have constant opportunities to train and improve yourself, if you enjoy change and setting your own path they give you that flexibility, ....you will be held to high standards and will need to demonstrate your ability to deliver results.

Cons

The pace of change and accountability, sometimes without the right resources, can be challenging. Resulting in a need to personally find a balance between your work and personal life.

Great place to start off your career... but is slow to promote

I worked at PepsiCo

Pros

Great training and experience, fun place to work

Cons

Lots of cut backs, morale seemed down, not like it "used to be"

Excellent income but very long hours.

Current Employee - Frito-Lay Route Sales in Bethlehem, PA
    Current Employee - Frito-Lay Route Sales in Bethlehem, PA

I have been working at PepsiCo

Pros

The money is incredible.
    DSL's are usually willing to help you out whenever you need a hand with displays or anything else.
    A large company so you're not looked down on.
    Great benefits.

Cons

Very long days. Up to 16 hours depending on your route. So, not much home life.

If a former employee burns bridges with their accounts, don't ask/expect/put it on your new employee to smooth things over with those accounts. That's why you're there.

Mostly what i am looking for in a company

Current Employee - Delivery Driver
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver

I have been working at PepsiCo

Pros

Good team - benefits are great

Cons

slow raises and long days

treat everyone same

Decent company

I have been working at PepsiCo

Pros

The people are great, good pay

Cons

the hours are ambiguous, there is alot of pressure

Fast paced and challenging

Current Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative in Columbus, OH

I have been working at PepsiCo

Pros

Has great pay compensation and great benefits

Cons

Work life balance is horrible along with having horrible hours

Marketing

Former Employee - Marketing Director
    Former Employee - Marketing Director

I worked at PepsiCo full-time

Pros

Very smart people who are passionate about understanding the consumer.

Cons

Long hours, must have ability to manage the matrix organization.

My time here was pleasant and enjoyable for the work that I was doing.

Former Employee - Full Time Merchandiser in Conroe, TX
    Former Employee - Full Time Merchandiser in Conroe, TX

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There's no boss breathing down your neck even though you have to comply with the store rules/procedures that you're in.

Cons

A challenge I faced here was typical with all sales driven places was that some of the orders were pretty bad and you have to work through pretty much all of them if you're competent.

Advice to management would be to offer more room for advancement and not to play favorites.

great place

Current Employee - Lawn Mower
    Current Employee - Lawn Mower

I have been working at PepsiCo

Pros

Great Company i really like it

Cons

great company i really like it

This used to be a great company to work for.

Former Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative in Lancaster, CA
    Former Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative in Lancaster, CA

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I first started working for Frito Lay back in 2004. The hiring process was quite extensive and for good reason. The hiring process weeded out candidates that weren't suited for the job and allowed for a more refined search for qualified, reliable hires. At the time everyone was hired to make roughly 50K (or better) per year which was not difficult if you applied yourself. Each new hire was given 1 week of classroom training followed by 5 weeks of one on one "in the field" training with a seasoned/experienced sales rep. My last three years of employment there I averaged $70K per year. Not bad for a job not requiring a college education. I really liked the job as your pay was based on how hard you worked (base rate + commission). Even with the long hours, it was/is the only job I've ever had where i wished I could at times, stop the clock. The days went by extremely fast even when working a 14hour day.

Cons

One of the biggest challenges was learning product codes (no longer relevant since the intro of new computers in 2008). For new hires currently seeking employment the biggest obstacle would be getting familiar with the hand held computer, learning schematics (where to place each brand of snack), and some very long hours (I would often start at 2am and not complete my day until 4 or 5pm). On average I would say that I worked 11-12 hour days, but almost always had the support of management to help complete my goals.

I have two pieces of advice for those in the decision making realm. First, I feel that the "customer service" aspect of Frito's long standing tradition has been put to pasture, and the focus now seems to be geared more towards numbers; making more profit, reducing that quality of service that was once held in such high esteem. I used to feel that I was part of a family offering a "believed in" product and service to our customers. In the past few years, that sense of belonging has been replaced with a "just get the product delivered and move on" feel. Overtime (a variable-rate overtime) was never an issue in the past. It meant we (the sales reps) were doing our job(s) of not only getting those sales, but creating those strong relationship with our clients thereby securing future requests of displays, end-caps, and additional sales. My second concern was for those rare occasions when a rep needed to call in sick or request a day off due to illness or family issue. Not once in the 9 years of service I provided was I ever granted a day off without being tongue lashed or questioned repeatedly about how important my showing up was. Regardless of how terrible I felt or my children felt, it always seemed like the end of the world that I (we) had the audacity to get sick. Never once were I or my fellow sales reps simply told,"Hope you feel better," or "No worries, we'll see you tomorrow."