PepsiCo Reviews

Reset
3.4
PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra K. Nooyi
Indra K. Nooyi

Pros
  • Great Work/Life Balance environment (in 111 reviews)

• Above to slightly above average pay and benefits (in 52 reviews)

Cons
  • Talk of work-life balance is not uniformly adhered to (in 259 reviews)

• very long hours no work life balance (in 174 reviews)

2,457 Employee Reviews

1. Featured Review

Best Company I've Ever Worked For

Current Employee - LD&T Coordinator
    Current Employee - LD&T Coordinator

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Surrounded by talented and motivated people. I've worked several jobs in my life and PepsiCo is by far the best. They really care about their employees and the opportunities are there for the taking. You will have to be dedicated and work hard to achieve what you want in this company, but that is what makes success at PepsiCo feel so good. I have never been more excited to go to work or felt more at home in any other company than I do at PepsiCo.

Cons

The company is so big that it is sometimes easy to get lost in the maze of businesses, divisions, brands, and their various levels of management, but this is common in any large organization.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on the development of lower level employees. I have seen many move on to become phenomenon managers because of the coaching and development they were given early in their career at PepsiCo.

May 22, 2015Talent Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are happy to hear you are enjoying being a part of the PepsiCo family!

2. Great company to work for

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very inclusive, progressive company culture. Work-life balance is stressed and communication from the highest levels of the company is frequent.

Cons

Can be difficult to navigate divisions and functional silos to make job moves / seek out promotion.

Advice to Management

Continue to offer ways for employees to find roles in other areas, cities, functions, etc.

Jul 2, 2015Talent Manager

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your dedication!

3. Mfg Assoc Supervisor

Former Employee - Manufacturing Associate Supervisor
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Associate Supervisor

I worked at PepsiCo (More than a year)

Pros

I have had very very successful and long career. Over the years I have pushed to be the best I can be and have been rewarded for my effort. Decent benefits, good pay and they understand how to make a business profitable.

Cons

Not consistent from top down. Some are expected to follow and enforce the rules while others have no accountability. Whether you union or non union....the rules should apply to all.

Advice to Management

Be consistent, just because an employee throws a tantrum trip doesn't mean you have to back away and let them walk all over you. If the documentation is there, then support your supervisors....they are on the floor everyday. Hold ALL supervisors accountable to follow the rules.

5. Strategic communications intern

I worked at PepsiCo

Pros

Great place to work filled with great people

Cons

i have no bad experiences at PepsiCo

Jun 30, 2015Talent Manager

We are happy to see that you are enjoying your internship!

6. SDL

Current Employee - District Sales Leader in Sioux Falls, SD
    Current Employee - District Sales Leader in Sioux Falls, SD

I have been working at PepsiCo

Pros

Very good compensation package 5 day work week for most part fantastic training realistic expectations

Cons

No real downsides though some would say there is no work life balance. These people need to either own their own business or manage s dynamic environment like a grocery store where there is no Life in the Work/life balance equation.

Advice to Management

Include at least 1 week of formalized training outside of the Zone Office to learn the nuts and bolts of the job. Leadership training and presentation skills are important as is all the diversity training, but there needs to be a structure to learning all the paperwork and how to actually use all of the technology that's now available to us. For instance XPC, SFOD, KSS AVS CLO, who to ask, job titles and responsibilities ....

Jul 1, 2015Talent Manager

Thank you for your feedback regarding training and development, as we are always interested to hear suggestions from our employees.

District Sales Leader

Current Employee - District Sales Leader
    Current Employee - District Sales Leader

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time

Pros

People oriented and focus on diverse work force with different cultural backgrounds. Large pool of open rolls that you could develop your career if you excel and keep good performance.
    Great fir new college graduates that look for opportunities to develop their career into the corporate world.

Cons

Too many responsibilities that do not allow you fully concentrate on your specific roll.
    Unrealistic market expectations, leaders don't have a clear idea of what happening on the market
    Frontline associates are overworked so you need to be able to motivate them to overlook at that situation.
    New hire managers have more opportunities to develop their carrer than managers that come from the salesmen pool.

Advice to Management

Release the load or increase people support by utility personal. One per DSL.

Jun 28, 2015Talent Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide feedback. We consistently look at ways to improve how we manage our talent.

8. manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Topeka, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Topeka, KS

I have been working at PepsiCo (Less than a year)

Pros

Challenging work, Great place for initial experience but after that you have to be in the club or you are out.

Cons

Not a good place for diversity. Say they are but don't value it.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to who is actually working instead of all of the people sucking up and wasting time doing it.

Jun 29, 2015Talent Manager

Thank you for your review and feedback.

9. Route sales

I worked at PepsiCo

Pros

Good hours and benefits. People were great...

Cons

Hard work.. To many company meetings.

Advice to Management

Always have an open door policy

Jun 29, 2015Talent Manager

Thank you for the feedback and we are always looking at better ways to streamline our meetings.

10. Happy and pissed at the same time

Current Employee - Warehouse Loader
    Current Employee - Warehouse Loader

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is good and benefits are above par and seems like there will be alot of ability to move around in the company plus work with a bunch of great guys.

Cons

Where to start...well the whole balance out work and personal life thing yea that's out the window if I'm not working then I'm sleeping because of my irregular work hrs or I'm trying to get my personal obligations done in a handful of hours, second for being a multi billion dollar company the support tech I use is realllly out dated and causes many frustrating and angry moments, and my so called "training" thoe suppose to get 4 days really its barely 2 broken up few hrs here and that's it so you'll wonder around trying to figure out what the hell your suppose to go or pick.

Advice to Management

Spend some money (yes big shock) and modernize your tech and network systems and streamline your training to help eliminate new hire confusion and frustration. Will this happen probably not but one can dream.

Jun 29, 2015Talent Manager

Thank you for your detailed feedback as we are always looking at ways to streamline our business through technology.

11. Director of Capability

Current Employee - Director in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Plano, TX

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

International experience and leading global initiatives.

Cons

90% or more international travel.

Advice to Management

None. PepsiCo was kind to me and made all attempts to help with my workload. I can come back at anytime.

Jun 29, 2015Talent Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review.

Showing 2,457 of 2,644 reviews