PepsiCo

3.5
1,776 Reviews

PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra K. Nooyi
Indra K. Nooyi

Pros
  • Work life balance was given to those who handled it responsibly (in 99 reviews)

• great pay and benefits, plenty of opportunities for growth, very stable company (in 49 reviews)

Cons
  • You have to be focused on your own work life balance because there's so much to do (in 218 reviews)

• long hours hard physical work, stressful at times to complete all requried (in 153 reviews)

More Highlights

Summer Internship - Finance MBA

Current Employee - Finance MBA  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Finance MBA in Plano, TX

Pros

Incredible global company w/ huge depth of experience, opportunities for advancement, and ability to explore different areas of the company throughout your career.

Cons

Due to the ever-changing 'rotational' nature of positions at PepsiCo, there are some issues w/ continuity / knowledge transfer but that is a trade-off they appear comfortable with.

Interactive Internship

Former Employee - Supply Chain Operations
    Former Employee - Supply Chain Operations

Pros

- Great company to start out with
    - Awesome company to gain valuable leadership skills
    - Trusts you with critical project work

Cons

- Needs improvement in work, life balance
    - They like to put you on off shifts before 1st shift
    - Culture can be a challenge to change

On-boarding process went very well

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Being new, I don't know too much yet. The on-boarding process was fairly smooth. They did a good job with the orientation and my manager had everything ready to go to get me started day 1. The perks are great. Free oatmeal in the morning at the Plaza in Chicago, cheap on-site health club, etc.

Cons

Everything is VERY corporate. There is a set way to do everything. Being new, it has been challenging to learn the right process and who the right people are to talk to. Some people take for granted that a newcomer may not know all the right procedures. LOTS of bizarre acronyms are used. They even joke about it in the orientation.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Frito-Lay Inc

Current Employee - Safety Coordinator  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Safety Coordinator in Dallas, TX

Pros

Great benefits, ability to grow in the company, great systems to train employees on running the business, has high company values

Cons

Let great experienced empoloyees get away if they do not have a degree although they may years of experience doing a job.

Overall Good Experience

Current Employee - Research and Development  in  Valhalla, NY
    Current Employee - Research and Development in Valhalla, NY

Pros

PepsiCo PAMPERS their interns. We were taken on numerous field trips, and got to have weekly lunches with senior leaders of the company. We were given real projects that were stimulating and had the opportunity to connect with many of the employees.

Cons

Many of the employees at Pepsi are extremely busy. As an intern it was sometimes easy to be overlooked or pushed off when other more pressing issues arose.

PepsiCo is a good place to have an internship.

Current Employee - Intern
    Current Employee - Intern

Pros

Everyone is friendly and willing to explain how things work. I always felt like I was contributing to the company with my work.

Cons

It's a fast paced work place, so you have to keep up. The management is always busy, so they are sometimes not as atentative to your needs.

A little more feedback from the work I was doing would have been nice.

The best place to work.

Current Employee - Warehouse Material Handler  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Warehouse Material Handler in Orlando, FL

Pros

Benefits, Money, Business growth, and variation of jobs

Cons

Work is difficult. Sometimes it may not be worth the money.

N/A

rsr

Pros

good pay, great benefits,extra days

Cons

no room for growth, advancement

Summer Internship in Research and Development

Current Employee - Research and Development Intern  in  White Plains, NY
    Current Employee - Research and Development Intern in White Plains, NY

Pros

The people are all extremely welcoming and helpful. They made themselves available to chat about advice on a project or my future career. I was able to do real work this summer and make contributions to the future of my team, which was a rewarding and beneficial experience. The intern committee planned numerous activities for the interns to get to know one another as well as for the interns to get to know current employees. Overall it was a great learning experience and I am fortunate to have had the opportunity to work for such an impactful company.

Cons

There were very few cons of this internship aside from the fact that I was always busy and so I did not have as much time to get to know employees in other departments which I would have liked to have been able to do.

You are all inspirational and it was great that you took the time to have lunch with the interns each week because it was extremely beneficial to be able to get to know you.

Supply Chain Internship (Frito-Lay)

Current Employee - Supply Chain Internship
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Internship

Pros

Frito-Lay is a great company that has excellent company values which are reflected in its internship program. The program allows you to work on high impact projects that not only give you a great understanding of the business but have a large impact as well! Along with this you have opportunities to network with many levels of management and gain exposure to executives when reporting out at the end of the summer. I highly recommend this internship program based on company values, leadership growth and long term career opportunities!

Cons

It is important to note that Frito-Lay is not a typical office job being that you will most likely work in a manufacturing environment. In order to be effective in this setting you must be self-motivated and a strong leader. The internship program is a great way to see if this environment if for you.

The leaders I have encountered thus far have been great mentors that put a big emphasis on growing talent and displaying company values. My advice would be to continue to keep this a priority.

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!