PepsiCo Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra K. Nooyi
Indra K. Nooyi

Pros
  • Great Work/Life Balance environment (in 111 reviews)

• Above to slightly above average pay and benefits (in 52 reviews)

Cons
  • Talk of work-life balance is not uniformly adhered to (in 259 reviews)

• very long hours no work life balance (in 174 reviews)

Indifferent

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Placentia, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Placentia, CA

I worked at PepsiCo (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company really does try to treat their employees well with rewards and recognition.

Cons

Very political. Your career depends on how well your boss likes / doesn't like you.

2. Not bad however

Pros

Over all not a bad company. Works very well with its campus hires, however every other manager is left to fend for themselves

Cons

Need to work with all managment. Campus are good to bring in New fresh talent , but would be nice if included all managers with special assignments and training

3. Bulk Cr

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time

Pros

the money is good its cool telling people you work for Pepsi you feel like a success

Cons

the hours are long the work is hard

Advice to Management

cut down the number of stores add changes should not be weekly its to much work

Joy and Frustration

Current Employee - Anonymous in Purchase, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Purchase, NY

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time

Pros

I have been an employee for nearly 10 years. Honestly, the biggest pro will be the people you work with. Employees have been here for a long time, and often times feel like family. It's a friendly environment. People will give you a lot of help, mentoring is well done and encouraged. Opportunity can often come in places where you have no previous experience, and PepsiCo is great at providing training, opportunity, and time for employees to acclimate to completely new roles. Pay is often quite good, but see my note in the Cons. The company is also quite stable, and is one of the rare places I've worked where you feel like you could build a CAREER, rather than moving on to another company after a few years. In many ways, Pepsi SHOULD be a 4-5 Star place to work.

Cons

That being said, there are a few things that are boat anchors around PepsiCo culture. First, productivity initiatives are directly hurting employees. Employees have watched their benefits just get chewed up and spit out over the last few years, all while hearing the same mantra: "in line with industry standards". The data supporting this assertion is never released, and at the same time, I can't help but wonder why a company like PepsiCo, that strives to be the best, is content with being "in line", rather than at the front of the line? As I said in the Pros, pay can also be quite good, unless you manage to obtain a skillset that dramatically increases your market value. HR policies and processes put caps and limits on your salary progress rate, which means that headhunters coming to call can look a lot more attractive suddenly. I've gotten offers for quite a bit more than my current rate, but admit I don't leave because I enjoy the stability that the company provides. Compounding this is the continued use of the terrible 'stack ranking' or 'calibration' process for determining reviews and merit increases, which prevent people from adequately providing increases, and the increases for even high level performers are extremely low percentages compared to nearly any other place I've worked. The company also suffers from both Meetingitis and Consultant Syndrome. Above a certain level, management appears to be nearly triple booked all day with meetings, many of which appear to have no valid function but to show that you showed up for a meeting. The company could use some policies in place that force meetings to be limited on certain days, and for a meeting to justify it's purpose (as opposed to an email, for instance) in order to take place. Additionally, good ideas that come from employees can often be ignored, but immediately taken up when external consultants are hired, who then interview the employees, mine these same ideas, and present them again as their own insights. The amount of money wasted to consultants who tell use what we already know is staggering.

Advice to Management

Review your meeting policies, ditch the stack ranking review process (even Microsoft got rid of it!) and review people on their OWN merits, stop chopping benefits, and start turning your ear inward to your own employees for amazing insights and ideas. We WANT Pepsi to be the best, but we want Pepsi to treat us like we're the best as well. Stop being content with being "in line with industry standard" and start aiming to provide the BEST benefits and pay in CPG.

Aug 31, 2015 – Talent Manager

Thanks for the very thoughtful and thorough review.

6. Customer Account Specialist

Current Employee - Customer Account Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Account Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work life balance and pay

Cons

Big company and can get lost in the shuffle. Careers are treated more like products and not a work of art.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to experience and be nuetral in decisions.

Aug 31, 2015 – Talent Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

Profit not people

Current Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative in Washington, DC

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

No shortage of work, meet good people on route. Good products to sell. Good coworkers and decent health benefits. Also 401K available.

Cons

Very long hours with little family time or free time. Compensation is continually being reduced as company changes its delivery system. Routes are too heavily loaded.

Advice to Management

Compensate lower level employees better. They are the base that is growing your business. Continuously cutting their income is not the best way to grow the business. It is the reason for personnel shortages at your locations.

Aug 31, 2015 – Talent Manager

Thanks so much for taking the time to review your PepsiCo experience.

Going Backwards

Current Employee - Bay Delivery Driver in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Bay Delivery Driver in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pepsi offers its employees a very competitive pay package and benefits. They also offer a decent rewards program for performing well.

Cons

From what I've seen unless you're management you will work at least 12 hours a day. If you have spiritual beliefs that conflict with certain work schedules you will find it close to impossible to move up.

Advice to Management

The new system of loading and delivering the products has increased delivery times drastically. In a position that was already time consuming and difficult it seems like Pepsi has made it more difficult for drivers to do their jobs.

Aug 31, 2015 – Talent Manager

Thank you for providing feedback from your experience.

The longer you work there the less you matter

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ocala, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ocala, FL

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Interaction with people in many different departments as well as customer interaction. Benefits, holiday and vacation pay.

Cons

The company is so focused on scorecards and numbers that it leaves out the human aspect of business. Hiring inexperienced, young college kids as managers instead of promoting from within and appreciating the employees who have put in time and effort is very discouraging.

Advice to Management

Treat employees like actual human beings and see them as valuable assets instead of just warm bodies and a headcount.

Aug 31, 2015 – Talent Manager

Thank you for posting a review. If you suspect a possible violation of our Code of Conduct in our hiring practices, we encourage you to report it through the Speak Up hotline.

Need to be dedicated, loyal, and a highly trained brown noser.

Former Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative in Dayton, OH

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Blue Cross health is great, fidelity investments okay and match 4%, lost pension a few years back..

Cons

Dont expect to use any personal days. And be prepared to work twice as hard when route sits for a day when you called in sick. And come back to chaos.... In the early 2000s Frito Lay was a power house. Nothing could get in the way of frito lay... total pure dominance...

Advice to Management

Just go back to the basics of following national policy towards unsaleables and true inventory counts. Not inflated or miss computed human errors.. and when bins get inventory. A manger from a different district should randomly certified inventories... at random. No heads up. Its time to get rid of shady rsrs and dsls...

Aug 31, 2015 – Talent Manager

We appreciate your feedback as we are committed to providing a positive work environment where everyone is treated with respect.

Great Brands; Motivated People; Political Culture

I worked at PepsiCo (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some Very Large & Well Known Brands Surrounded by Smart and Motivated People Offered a Reasonable Amount of Autonomy Industry Best Thought Leadership

Cons

Politics, Politics, Politics Do or Die Mentality Company Tends to Have a Lot of Significant Restructures & Reorganizations Toe the Company Line or Suffer the Consequences

Advice to Management

Think through the changes you put in place, as often times significant changes are not very well vetted and end up requiring more rework. Just because you have so many huge brands, it doesn't mean its the best place to work.

Aug 31, 2015 – Talent Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback.

Showing 793 of 2,925 reviews