PepsiCo Reviews

3.5
1,786 Reviews

PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra K. Nooyi
Indra K. Nooyi

Pros
  • Work life balance was given to those who handled it responsibly (in 99 reviews)

• great pay and benefits, plenty of opportunities for growth, very stable company (in 49 reviews)

Cons
  • You have to be focused on your own work life balance because there's so much to do (in 218 reviews)

• long hours hard physical work, stressful at times to complete all requried (in 153 reviews)

More Highlights

Long hours. Good pay.

I have been working at PepsiCo

Pros

Great pay and decent benefits.

Cons

If you like working 12-14 hour days this is the place for you. There is no work/life balance. Company insterested in stockholders more than customers. Majority of time they hire from the outside for management positions.

Does not matter what advice you give to management. They do what they want.

Lots of opportunity

Current Employee - BIS Intern
    Current Employee - BIS Intern

I have been working at PepsiCo as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The intern program is supported by several employees, both analysts and managers/directors. The company starts you out with a support network, and it's on you to build it further. The pay is great and there's a lot of fun events with other interns/employees. So many employees around you have lots of experience, so there's a lot of opportunity to engage in knowledge sharing.

Cons

Not enough of a formal training program, and not enough formal attention given to technical growth. If the internship had maybe a couple group sessions on developing some type of skill, such as web design or some basics of SAP, everyone would for sure walk away with more tangible skills to bring to their future roles.

Keep up with the attention towards the internship program. Everyone in the world wants to feel important, interns included, and while it may not necessarily contribute a great deal towards the bottom line, investing in the interns is equal to investing in the future of the company.

Supply Chain Intern

Current Employee - Supply Chain Intern  in  Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Intern in Irving, TX

I have been working at PepsiCo as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Fast paced environment that bases performance off of your results. Challenging environment that requires good time management skills and communication to perform as expected. Excellent management that pushed me to my limits as an intern.

Cons

Long hours and and many follow ups daily. Can be exhausting for a college student not used to a fast paced manufacturing environment. Steep learning curve.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It is a Great place to work.

I have been working at PepsiCo

Pros

Fast moving industry with a friendly professional environment. Pepsi as a whole is growing and expanding more each year and has the resources and technology to work in today's world.

Cons

I have worked for Pepsi for almost 10 years, and in that time have seen many things, some good some bad. Pepsi is like any other company, they all have pros and cons.

Promote from with in more instead of just passing over knowledgeable capable people.

Fantastic opportunity for high-impact experience as an MBA intern

Current Employee - Finance MBA  in  White Plains, NY
    Current Employee - Finance MBA in White Plains, NY

I have been working at PepsiCo as an intern for less than a year

Pros

-opportunity to work on a meaningful, strategic project: while the projects will vary depending on what group you are in, all interns are given responsibility over an interesting, dynamic project with the potential for extremely high impact
    -cross-functional, strategic approach: corporate finance isn't just about FP&A and accounting, but also being a strategic thought partner
    -collaborative and open culture: nearly everyone is willing to have meet-and-greets with interns--we were even able to meet several senior executives (including Indra!)
    -autonomy: there's really no one micromanaging you, as long as you show that you can effectively get your work done
    -work-life balance: half days on Friday during the summer!

Cons

-HR issues: we had some trouble with getting paychecks and had to give different people the same information several times--it often felt like there were disconnects between HR & our finance-based intern managers. While this isn't a huge issue, it's surprising that such a big company would be this disorganized around basic HR functions and communication
    -ambiguity: this would be a very difficult job for someone who wasn't comfortable with ambiguity. You're given a lot of freedom and responsibility and it can be overwhelming if you're used to having more direction. I actually liked this aspect a lot, but it's not for everyone

I've had a fantastic summer and I've been incredibly impressed by the people I've met and the work I've gotten to do. Keep up the good work, but make sure to work out the various HR kinks if possible

Great Company, Endless Opportunity

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager  in  Somers, NY
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Somers, NY

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

lots of opportunity to move within, good work-life balance (e.g. summer fridays, holiday hours), great internal employee development

Cons

large company so the work can be siloed

PepsiCo Summer Internship

Current Employee - R&D  in  Valhalla, NY
    Current Employee - R&D in Valhalla, NY

I have been working at PepsiCo as an intern for less than a year

Pros

It is clear that PepsiCo values its interns greatly, from day to day interactions to large events. The internship program is organized well, giving the interns an opportunity to meet company leaders, learn different aspects of the company, and have a great time doing it. By the end of this summer internship I find myself hoping to work for this company in some way shape or form because I believe in the leaders of PepsiCo as well as the high standards PepsiCo strives to achieve.

Cons

PepsiCo is such a large and global company that communication can be difficult. For example, many times a question gets sent out and bounced around to multiple people before the question is able to find the appropriate person to answer the question. Considering the size of this company, this is rather expected.

Great Place to Intern and Work

Current Employee - BIS Intern  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - BIS Intern in Plano, TX

I have been working at PepsiCo as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I am in the last few weeks of my summer internship with the PepsiCo BIS in Plano, TX. It has been an incredible experience. I have been put in real working situations and given responsibilities that full time employees would receive. They put you on a team and you work for them as if you were there full time. It is a great way to get a feel for the job and the company as a whole. They offer plenty of tours and events with other interns to meet executives and experience the welcoming culture of PepsiCo firsthand. We actually had the opportunity to have a video conference with Indra herself which just shows the emphasis PepsiCo puts on fostering new talent.

As for pay, they definitely make it worth my time. They also gave us money for housing which was great as I had to travel across the country to work here and I wouldn't feel comfortable living in a really cheap area of town. In our division, we have a good chance of getting full time offers if we work hard and exhibit the skills that PepsiCo values, which is also a huge perk. I have heard there are opportunities to progress within the company as well but I can't say much about that as an intern. I have, however, seen that PepsiCo offers tons of training courses and certifications to continue growing your career.

It is right next to plenty of other large corporate offices like Capital One and Intel. Overall, it is an incredible area to live. I can't complain at all about the location. They also offer summer hours which means we can get half day Fridays to be with friends and family.

Overall, this is a great place to intern and work. It has very competitive salaries and the working environment can't be beat. Highly recommend.

Cons

There haven't been a ton of cons. One thing that has been difficult to adjust to is the very diverse employee population. There are occasional language and cultural barriers in the workplace, but that can be seen as a pro in terms of talent and new perspectives.

Continue to reach out to the interns. The information and enthusiasm provided by management is what creates the environment that makes PepsiCo great.

Good Company

Current Employee - Network Engineer  in  Somers, NY
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Somers, NY

I have been working at PepsiCo as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

allow you to learn on the job, allow you to move with in the company, summer hours, in-house gym

Cons

commute for some, Company is moving to use contractors more then employees.

I had a good experience working at Frito-Lay, even though my project did not pertain to my skill set.

Current Employee - Supply Chain Intern  in  Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Intern in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at PepsiCo as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Frito-Lay (FL) takes great care of their employees. From what I have observed and in conversations with young managers, FL is a good place for career development in a production management environment. I was able to develop some good relationships with my fellow employees in the office. Management was very helpful in development.

Cons

The project I was given for the summer did not match my skill set in any way. It was a little disappointing to be given a project that did not challange me nor pertain to what I am studying at school.

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!