PepsiCo Reviews

3.5
1,782 Reviews

PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra K. Nooyi
Indra K. Nooyi

Pros
  • Work life balance was given to those who handled it responsibly (in 99 reviews)

• great pay and benefits, plenty of opportunities for growth, very stable company (in 49 reviews)

Cons
  • You have to be focused on your own work life balance because there's so much to do (in 218 reviews)

• long hours hard physical work, stressful at times to complete all requried (in 153 reviews)

More Highlights

The first several years were good, but the last few ruined all hopes for a any sort of a bright future.

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at PepsiCo full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The benefits package was good and all information can be accessed online. The pay was good for a high school education.

Cons

Bad work/life balance when you get phone calls on your infrequent off days from accounts and subordinates. You are often asked, if not told to work on your days off. You are not put in any position to succeed with the overwhelming demands placed by management and account's ever increasing service expectations. The pace was so frantic that there was no time to break , for lunch even (I ate mine while driving every day), unless you like to be out 11-12 hours a day. Workload increased every year as the compensation went down.

Mix in a compliment every once in a while instead of constantly being so critical.

Pleasant Employment

Former Employee - Senior Analyst  in  Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Norfolk, VA

I worked at PepsiCo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Management, support, team oriented and flexible

Cons

Not enough growth opportunities, performance challenge

Invest in employees more

Soul Crushing

Former Employee - Merchandiser  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Seattle, WA

I worked at PepsiCo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is plenty of opportunity for overtime, the pay is okay, and a global company is good to have on your resume.

Cons

No work-life balance, employees are treated like work-horses, if you are 1 minute late you get written up. Turnover is extremely high and you are unlikely to have the same manager for over a year.

Your turnover rate would be lower if you didn't treat your employees like dirt.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Long hours. Good pay.

I have been working at PepsiCo

Pros

Great pay and decent benefits.

Cons

If you like working 12-14 hour days this is the place for you. There is no work/life balance. Company insterested in stockholders more than customers. Majority of time they hire from the outside for management positions.

Does not matter what advice you give to management. They do what they want.

Great company to work for at all levels

I worked at PepsiCo part-time

Pros

Flexible hours, great people, and a lot of opportunity within the company. Very respectful managers/supervisors and a great company overall.

Cons

There were times things were a little disorganized or confusing and parts of the job kind of had a "figure it out on your own" kind of attitude.

Keep up the good work.

Supply Chain Intern

Current Employee - Supply Chain Intern  in  Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Intern in Irving, TX

I have been working at PepsiCo as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Fast paced environment that bases performance off of your results. Challenging environment that requires good time management skills and communication to perform as expected. Excellent management that pushed me to my limits as an intern.

Cons

Long hours and and many follow ups daily. Can be exhausting for a college student not used to a fast paced manufacturing environment. Steep learning curve.

Lots of opportunity

Current Employee - BIS Intern
    Current Employee - BIS Intern

I have been working at PepsiCo as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The intern program is supported by several employees, both analysts and managers/directors. The company starts you out with a support network, and it's on you to build it further. The pay is great and there's a lot of fun events with other interns/employees. So many employees around you have lots of experience, so there's a lot of opportunity to engage in knowledge sharing.

Cons

Not enough of a formal training program, and not enough formal attention given to technical growth. If the internship had maybe a couple group sessions on developing some type of skill, such as web design or some basics of SAP, everyone would for sure walk away with more tangible skills to bring to their future roles.

Keep up with the attention towards the internship program. Everyone in the world wants to feel important, interns included, and while it may not necessarily contribute a great deal towards the bottom line, investing in the interns is equal to investing in the future of the company.

Fantastic opportunity for high-impact experience as an MBA intern

Current Employee - Finance MBA  in  White Plains, NY
    Current Employee - Finance MBA in White Plains, NY

I have been working at PepsiCo as an intern for less than a year

Pros

-opportunity to work on a meaningful, strategic project: while the projects will vary depending on what group you are in, all interns are given responsibility over an interesting, dynamic project with the potential for extremely high impact
    -cross-functional, strategic approach: corporate finance isn't just about FP&A and accounting, but also being a strategic thought partner
    -collaborative and open culture: nearly everyone is willing to have meet-and-greets with interns--we were even able to meet several senior executives (including Indra!)
    -autonomy: there's really no one micromanaging you, as long as you show that you can effectively get your work done
    -work-life balance: half days on Friday during the summer!

Cons

-HR issues: we had some trouble with getting paychecks and had to give different people the same information several times--it often felt like there were disconnects between HR & our finance-based intern managers. While this isn't a huge issue, it's surprising that such a big company would be this disorganized around basic HR functions and communication
    -ambiguity: this would be a very difficult job for someone who wasn't comfortable with ambiguity. You're given a lot of freedom and responsibility and it can be overwhelming if you're used to having more direction. I actually liked this aspect a lot, but it's not for everyone

I've had a fantastic summer and I've been incredibly impressed by the people I've met and the work I've gotten to do. Keep up the good work, but make sure to work out the various HR kinks if possible

Great Company, Endless Opportunity

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager  in  Somers, NY
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Somers, NY

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

lots of opportunity to move within, good work-life balance (e.g. summer fridays, holiday hours), great internal employee development

Cons

large company so the work can be siloed

PepsiCo Summer Internship

Current Employee - R&D  in  Valhalla, NY
    Current Employee - R&D in Valhalla, NY

I have been working at PepsiCo as an intern for less than a year

Pros

It is clear that PepsiCo values its interns greatly, from day to day interactions to large events. The internship program is organized well, giving the interns an opportunity to meet company leaders, learn different aspects of the company, and have a great time doing it. By the end of this summer internship I find myself hoping to work for this company in some way shape or form because I believe in the leaders of PepsiCo as well as the high standards PepsiCo strives to achieve.

Cons

PepsiCo is such a large and global company that communication can be difficult. For example, many times a question gets sent out and bounced around to multiple people before the question is able to find the appropriate person to answer the question. Considering the size of this company, this is rather expected.

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!