Perception Research Services Reviews

Reset
2.7
Scott Young

1. Project Director

I have been working at Perception Research Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

ability to travel, great opportunities to learn directly from senior researchers (including EVP)

Cons

micro managed, inconsistent "policies", lack of support, salary

2. Not good with training

Pros

good parking, breakfast on fridays, meetings are insightful

Cons

doesn't properly train new employees- a revolving door company

3. Top Heavy

I have been working at Perception Research Services full-time

Pros

Good benefits and great perks such as summer hours, casual Fridays, Christmas week off, holidays, unlimited sick days, etc.

Cons

Very top heavy and there is a gap between management and workers. Also, decisions seem to be made at random and there is a tight rein on creativity.

Advice to Management

Adapt to newer ways and listen to the younger crowd that does most of the work.

Not What It Used To Be

I worked at Perception Research Services full-time

Pros

There are some good benefits, including a week off at the end of the year, a liberal PTO and vacation policy and a matching 401K.

Cons

Unfortunately this is a company that has lost its way. Once regarded as a company that people were proud to work for (at least that's what I heard), management changes over the past few years have crippled the company. Upper management does not care about their employees and they work them to the bone. An unprecedented number of employees have recently left (of their own accord or not) and the ones remaining are incredibly unhappy.

Advice to Management

Take a hard look at some of the people that are making the decisions - perhaps they are not the ones who should be running the company. Pay more attention to the employees who are working for you.

Horrible Company

I worked at Perception Research Services full-time

Pros

They give a decent length holiday break

Cons

Hands down they are the worst company I have ever worked for! I could not get out of there quick enough. Everyone working here is either miserable or part of the group that makes everyone miserable. I think most employees have resumes out somewhere else. Sure they give a nice holiday break each year (although they remind us that we need to work through it from home if we have studies we are working on) but it is not worth the work environment and going to the office depressed each day. Trust me and save yourself. Some say it used to be a nice company but I am not sure where along the way they lost sight of caring about their employees. Many blame it on one member of upper management and you will figure out who she is very quickly if you work here. If you are offered a job here I would recommend you keep looking and take anything over this place. It is miserable, they expect you to dedicate every waking hour of your life to the job, and then on top of it they don’t appreciate a thing you do.

Advice to Management

Not sure how to fix a complete mindset of everyone in upper management.

7. positive

Pros

Good environment,breakfast on fridays, good time off policies, nice perks

Cons

Poor high level management (there are 30 VPs, lots of unnecessary executive positions, lots of waste)

Advice to Management

Higher more workers, be less frugal

Amazing company to be a part of!

Current Employee - Project Director in Teaneck, NJ
    Current Employee - Project Director in Teaneck, NJ

I have been working at Perception Research Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent people to work for and work with. Your clients are the top in their respective areas, and they really do listen and at times implement the recommendations you give for their brands. The managers here also listen, and will take what you have to say seriously, and always try to help those ideas grow, or explain as to why they think it may not work.

Cons

You do need to carry your access key with you all the time because a lot of the doors require key entrance, and the garage requires key entrance AND exit. And this is a client service company, so you will need to work after 5pm on a few occasions.. But given the industry, I have experienced that less here than other places.

Advice to Management

none.

Good People

I have been working at Perception Research Services full-time

Pros

I have found that the people at PRS have a strong passion for the work that they do. The office culture is welcoming, inclusive and very focused. Depending on your clients, the hours can be long at times but you can leave when you need to and can take your computer home to finish up later if necessary. The benefits are pretty good but PTO is just OK.

Cons

Compensation is pretty standard - not great/not bad and bonus' could be better.

A different persepctive to what has been a tough year...

Pros

Not pros or cons..just a different perspective.. I currently work at PRS and while I understand and even agree with some of the comments posted recently, I feel like they are all limited to one view of the story. Like everything, it’s not all black or white, and I feel the need to give people a slightly different perspective. PRS has been known to be a great employer for years – you just need to look at how many people have been here for over 10 years to get the idea – I am pretty sure this is un-matched in the industry. PRS enjoyed many years of growth, and a limited competitive environment – in exchange, it always rewarded its employees generously and did not look back (that includes salaries, opportunities, flexible work schedules, extra time off etc) In the past few years, competition has significantly increased along with clients wanting cheaper and faster research. So, what do they do? They decide it is time to look at their business and make some changes to stay in the game without compromising what they stand for – and that isn’t always an easy thing to do. Yes, these changes are un-settling for a lot of us. Yes, these changes, meant that people had to be let go. Yes, these changes mean that we all have to learn how to work differently and it takes time – it takes time for all of us to adjust and this means we are all working harder this year. Yes, 2014 has been a tough year, for the people who left and for us who stayed and worked harder than ever. BUT, what happens if we do not change? Has anyone considered this? What happens if because we refuse to change, we start losing our competitive edge and loose our clients? How many people would have to be let go then? Regardless of how hard this is, PRS actually is trying to remain competitive in order to keep growing and continue to reward its employees. I still believe PRS is a great company to work for – I have worked for other agencies out there and I can tell you the workload issues and the work life balance is something everyone struggles with at times, so please keep this in mind! And actually PRS has seen quite a few people leave and come back through the years so that has to mean something? Anyway, my 2 cents..there is always two sides to a story.

Cons

Again..this is not about pros or cons

Advice to Management

keep the communication lines open

Great for growth, but doesn't pay the best

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Teaneck, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Teaneck, NJ

I have been working at Perception Research Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My experience has been mostly positive. There is a ton of opportunity for growth. If you are a hard worker with a good attitude that will be recognized and you can advance within the company. Its a good opportunity to learn both the project management and the analytical side of market research. The people are nice, most of the upper management is nice.

Cons

compensation is below the market, stressful environment - not paid enough to justify the long hours

Advice to Management

pay your employee's better or they will go somewhere that will

RSS Feed </> Embed