Perceptive Informatics

Growing too fast

Current Employee - Clinical Project Manager  in  Deerfield, IL
    Current Employee - Clinical Project Manager in Deerfield, IL

I have been working at Perceptive Informatics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

People are great, technology industry competitive

Cons

No training, no work /life balance. Prepare to work 60 hour weeks with no appreciation. No growth opportunities.

Hire more people and improve training.

This Company Will Self-Destruct in 5...4...3...2...

Former Employee - Platform Services  in  Billerica, MA
    Former Employee - Platform Services in Billerica, MA

I worked at Perceptive Informatics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Ability to work from home when needed, depending on the relationship with your manager. Plenty of work - you won't be bored. On the other hand, you can never catch your breath and step out of your cube. I often didn't speak to another person (outside of IM, emails, and online meetings) for days at a time. Decent benefits package. Casual dress code.

Cons

Low morale. Ineffective management. Training is a farce. Little to no direction on a regular basis. When direction is provided, it is vague. They sell products that do not go through rigorous QA testing. Typically, the first project sold using the newest technology is the guinea pig, leading to delays and profit loss as the "bugs" are figured out. High staff turnover due to burnout. It is rare to find anyone to take ownership when issues arise. The company is reactive versus proactive in terms of problem-solving. Band-aid solutions instead of addressing and fixing the problem at it's source. Salaries are below industry average. Horrific office politics - the worst I have seen in my career.

If you are a manager, effect change. You are in a position to be heard. PI has the potential to be a great company if you would get out of your own way and listen to the people that are in the trenches. Lead by example.

FDA 483 galore

Current Employee - Robot Arm Associate  in  Billerica, MA
    Current Employee - Robot Arm Associate in Billerica, MA

I have been working at Perceptive Informatics full-time for less than a year

Pros

-No degree requirement, a high school diploma is sufficient. You might even make director with an associate degree.
    -Tuition reimbursement, something the people above should take advantage of.
    -Good stepping stone.

Cons

-Being the stepping stone.
    -It feels like we are working for a non-profit organization…literally.
    -Puppet supervisors

-How many directors can one company have? You pressure us to turn a profit but how can we with so many high paid non-billable employees sucking up all the profits.
    -Get rid of performance and goals, if all IRAs can enter their real goals, it would be to find another job ASAP. But who am I kidding, the idea was probably thought up by the collective brainstorming of the so called directors at their annual cookouts.
    -Get rid of the employee rating. What’s the point really? The bad employees just get rotated to a different project and never let go, like the teacher’s union.
    -Stop creating BS job titles and filling them with unqualified knuckleheads, then promoting them to senior knucklehead within a year.
    -Stop investing money into proprietary software, which by the time of release is already obsolete.
    -Clean up your management staff and your restrooms.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Haphazard

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  East Windsor, NJ
    Current Employee - Project Manager in East Windsor, NJ

I have been working at Perceptive Informatics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Dispite issues teams do pull together to get the job done. Work from home is usually an option at least for a couple days a week if needed. You are free to do your work without interference or mirco-management assuming you are doing your work up to par.

Cons

There is a great deal of turnover. Moral is relatively low. Most are in the midst of looking for other forms of employment. System defects and outsourcing to inexperienced teams are problematic. Training by fire. They will run you into the ground if need be.

Dont sell products that you cannot provide to clients with high quality and which have not been proven to be effective. Don't roll out new procedures and products without bringing your employees up to speed. Don't manage from the top down, listen to your employees they are most in touch with the work flow. Its not all about profits, don't burn your employees out. There needs to be some balance with quantity and quality or the customers won't come back and you will see a reduction in BD wins and overall productivity. Your choice.

Aggressive Perceptive Informatics investment in outsourcing has US employees thinking short term

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Billerica, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Billerica, MA

I worked at Perceptive Informatics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work is both challenging and interesting
    Good communication among front line (non-management) staff, which promotes a very team like atmosphere

Cons

Substancial outsourcing investment in Hydrabad, India facilities, and aggressive insourcing at US sites
    Promoting from within is not a priority

A less vertical style of management would allow leveraging of front line workers' experience to improve products/services while streamlining key processes and reducing development costs

Corporate politics rule this company

Former Employee - Imaging Operations Lead  in  Billerica, MA
    Former Employee - Imaging Operations Lead in Billerica, MA

I worked at Perceptive Informatics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good place to gain experience in a CRO environment.
    work from home is an option if your manager likes to work from home.
    Easy to fly under the radar unless you get mixed up in the strong political pull.
    Decent training opportunities and fast promotions if you are friends with the right upper management folks.

Cons

Politics completely control major decisions. If you are unfortunate enough to butt heads with your manager or PM, you will be treated unfairly and most likely end up pushed to quit before they fire you for some ridiculous reason. Bullying is a big issue at this company. Some employees are allowed to come and go as they please and do minimal work while others are strictly watched and must adhere to rules as if they are enforced by the whole company. If you are not friends with the right upper management team members, you will not move up. Work integrity, education and performance reviews are not an influence in decisions to promote. Very low morale due to poor management and corporate politics.

Stop the vicious cycle of politics running the department. Read these reviews - some are CURRENT employees that are unhappy and still providing negative reviews - and Do Something about it! When morale is low and promotions are based on friendships rather than work quality/ethic, how can you expect to run a successful business? Lead by example.

Medical Imaging Project Manager: A great company to learn about medical imaging in clinical trials

Former Employee - Associate Project Manager  in  Billerica, MA
    Former Employee - Associate Project Manager in Billerica, MA

I worked at Perceptive Informatics full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Excellent promortion opportunity for hard workers (started out entry level and was able to advance through to project manager)
    Focus on quality
    Cross-functional support
    Education opportunities
    Benefits

Cons

Personnel and resourcing
    General workload and work/life balance management
    Majority of hiring of project staff in India
    Application development timelines can be long and affect overall project timeline
    Corporate culture creates an expectation of everyone being super-workers that not everone can be

Ensure adequate people for proper resourcing of medical imaging projects. While I understand people are the biggest investment, there has to be other places to trim costs. Under-resourced projects create a very large amount of stress and results into a fire-fighting mode where quality is harder to control. For the workers involve, work/life balance becomes a serious issue that negatively affects motivation and dedication at work.

My personal experience has been bad, but I know how to play office politics now.

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Billerica, MA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Billerica, MA

I have been working at Perceptive Informatics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Go out and drink at lunch 3~4 days a week, and answer 5~6 client e-mails a day and have still been able to fly under the radar.. Honestly, favoritism is in full force. Those who kiss up, move up faster like me. It’s really as simple as that.

Cons

Honestly, the quality will suffer. We brag to our clients about our quality but if they would look at our recent 483’s they will see our quality is an illusion.

If I were an owner of this company. Stop making everyone a VP or Director. How many directors can one department have? You pressure us to turn a profit but how can we with so many high paid non-billable employees sucking up all the profits. Clean house by getting rid of the management that does not belong. If the workers who report to you have a better education then you, it’s time to go.

Great benefits, great pay, but you will work for it.

I worked at Perceptive Informatics full-time

Pros

Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The benefits, including vacation time was great!

Cons

Expect to work a lot of overtime. Depending on your level, some will be paid. The rest unpaid.

Overworked, underappreciated

Current Employee - Live Study Manager
    Current Employee - Live Study Manager

I have been working at Perceptive Informatics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible work hours. Can work from home on occasion. Senior staff seem to be allowed to make own hours and work from home on regular basis.

Cons

The workload is ridiculous. The company takes on more contracts than they have manpower for. The expectations for new employees who have no experience in this field are beyond unreasonable. It is a sink or swim environment. They assume if you are intelligent (based on your resume) you can figure everything out for yourself. This is all well and good except there are deadlines, angry clients, etc. and you don't really have the luxury of time. I essentially received no training. If you are intelligent and hardworking you will pick it up eventually, but be prepared to suffer the anxiety for about a year on your own. To top it all off, the pay is insultingly low. If you are right out of college, you will get good experience, but it will come at a price - your sanity. Stay long enough to learn what you can, then get out.

Take some time to see what a day in the life of your workers is really like. If you really expect us to continue to work daily overtime, not take lunch, and clean up everyone elses' mess you need to pay us more.

Worked for Perceptive Informatics? Contribute to the Community!