Peregrine Semiconductor Reviews

Jim Cable

PSEMI

Current Employee - Chracterization  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Chracterization in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Peregrine Semiconductor as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great management and great people to work with.

Cons

None, very satisfied with my internship.

Good work life balance

I worked at Peregrine Semiconductor

Pros

Good work life balance. Friendly people around and opportunity to make good working environment.

Cons

Management was too ambitions without seeing what was coming.

Challenging but exiting work place

Current Employee - Senior Product Development Engineer  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Development Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Peregrine Semiconductor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work environment. Lots of great engineers willing to help when needed. I have worked for two managers so far, and I have great experience. Both of them were helpful and willing to go extra mile to help me to reach my career goal. When I joined Peregrine Semiconductor, I had only one year left in my H1-B visa. HR promptly started my green card process and helped me in every step.
    I like peregrine culture. I made some great friends and great relationship inside and outside of work
    I have complete confidence in Peregrine technology and business model. While the company may have gone through some bumpy ride, I believe the company is in solid track for long term growth.

Cons

While salary is competitive, there are no other incentives like profit sharing, company stock purchase plan etc. Sometime work is too busy, may have to work long work to meet the deadline

None

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interesting work, great co-workers, enjoyable place to work.

I have been working at Peregrine Semiconductor full-time

Pros

Great technology that enables interesting designs. People work very well together, nobody yelling at you. Management is easy to talk to. A lot of activities, noon time runs, soccer, volleyball, etc..

Cons

Company is going through some growing pains but it seems they are working through it. Most projects, not all, are not highly integrated SOC but this also allows you to work more independently and own the design rather then be 1 of many working on the project.

This year we have a renewed effort to focus on quality versus quantity. Keep this focus up.

Very friendly and relaxed work culture

Former Employee - Product Engineer  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Product Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Peregrine Semiconductor part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work/life balance, clear communication from upper management to expectations and tasks, smart co-workers from a variety of engineering backgrounds. A lot of opportunity to take individual lead on projects and assignments.

Cons

Many work and projects may appear trivial and never see the light of day. There are points where management has no clue what you are doing.

Connect more with those below to figure out what they are doing/contributing at any given time.

Company with Great potential and going through Growing Pain

Current Employee - Engineering  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Peregrine Semiconductor full-time for more than a year

Pros

People: Great people, people wants to contribute and to grow. People are busy and yet willing to pause and show me how to get things done.

Management: looking and working on system improvements to adapt to changing business/market environment. Management make time for me personally for job project discussion, leadership coaching and mentorship.

Technology: "Rule Changing Technology" with good cost structure with the fabless strategy. Allow flexibility in migrating to advance technology without the upfront cost of building a billion dollar fab

Cons

Need to work toward more diversified customer/market base. Need to deliberately develop people and succession plan. Need to better prioritize and focus organization effort.

Constant firefight

Current Employee - RF Engineer  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - RF Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Peregrine Semiconductor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Intelligent and dedicated engineering team. Technology is top notch.

Cons

No work life balance. Engineering teams work 60-80 hours. Management changes directions often. Causes more work. As others have said, its who you know not what you know that determines success.

Choose a direction and stick with it.

Terrible Upper Management & Cool Kids Club

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Peregrine Semiconductor

Pros

There is room for improvement if management decides to allocate and stick to definitive job roles.

Cons

Upper management. No clarity on job roles. Not everybody pulls their own weight. Terrible point-the-finger attitude towards responsibility. No clarity on when products TO and what is being promised to the customer. The customers see our mismanagement. Too many projects and not enough resources. Need to cut down the fat on the top. There are too many VPs and directors.

Cut down your fat.

Psemi

Current Employee - Engineer  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Peregrine Semiconductor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Talented people, great technology, plenty of work challenges.

Cons

Management team is focused on being executives and has lost touch with the market, customers and lacks a clear strategy.

Trim management team down, drop the ego's, listen to the people the people doing the work, communicate a clear strategy for the future. Waiting for lawsuit and global 1 isn't a growth strategy.

Sinking boat

I have been working at Peregrine Semiconductor full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great place to cash out if you are an exec.
    None if you don't have VP in your title.

Cons

Too many VPs busy promoting/paying each other.
    No vision, no plan, no hope for the rest.

Look after the cow once in a while if you are going to keep milking it.
    Most of employees are preparing to leave.
    Let us sell our hard earned shares!

Worked for Peregrine Semiconductor? Contribute to the Community!