Perfect Playground

CEO

1. Great place to work

Current Contractor - Occupational Therapist
    Current Contractor - Occupational Therapist

I have been working at Perfect Playground as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked for the Perfect Playground for four years as a contract therapist. The pay is above what is offered by other employers. The schedule is very flexible allowing for as many or as little hours as I was able to work. My school placement each year was exactly in the area I desired. The amount of paperwork has steadily decreased each year, which makes it very manageable. The Perfect Playground follows NYC DOE guidelines; they also give tools and training to enable therapists to use DOE web program, complete IEPs, write progress notes, etc. If any issue arose, the Director and/or my supervisor were always available to answer questions or even get involved if needed. They offer kind of like a mentor program for new therapists, so they can get acclimated. They have a team that checks your paperwork at the end of each month and notifies you if there are any discrepancies, so they can be fixed and not affect your billing. The entire staff was very supportive. It is a great and easy company to work for!

Cons

Paperwork time is not billable, which is very common as a contract therapist. Plus the amount of paperwork is minimal based on the new system used.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

2. It's an agency

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Perfect Playground as a contractor

Pros

1. They make sure that the ever changing NYS DOE regulations are met. 2. Pay is actually competitive with other other agencies. 3. They have holiday parties.

Cons

1. They can be pushy about taking on more contract work and to take on work at places that I would prefer not to work at. 2. They have meetings about things that could be conveyed via email. 3. The meetings may be located in Manhattan or Staten Island which is not always easy for employees to attend. 4. Only payed for face to face with the client. No pay for the huge amount of paperwork that needs to be done. I have since worked with other agencies that do pay for paperwork time.

Advice to Management

1. Only have meetings when information can not be conveyed with email. 2. If you must have a meeting allow for others to attend electronically.

Tons of paperwork for little money

Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Staten Island, NY
    Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Staten Island, NY

I have been working at Perfect Playground

Pros

Flexible schedule and that is about it.

Cons

Too much paperwork, little time for actual therapy, little pay

Advice to Management

Since you are taking over 30% cut from the hourly rate paid by the board of education, at least do not steal our personal time that we have to send on outrageous amounts of paperwork

5. Too much paper work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Perfect Playground

Pros

The only pro is a flexibility of work hours.

Cons

Loads of paperwork that is required in order to get paid is enormous. They pay once a month but before it happens, each Speech Language Pathologist working in school setting has to fill out dozens of pages of session notes, updates, billing forms, etc and print tons of pages. So, if one has about 20 students in the workload, one has to hand in over 120 pages of paperwork and this is required every month! The time is taken away from the therapy. The pay is low. While they take a very generous cut out of the hourly rate that is paid to them by the Board of Education, they still make us do all the paperwork. And the paperwork is just getting worse and worse. At some point I will have to leave the company as I can not bear the amount of paperwork that is required.

Advice to Management

Reduce the paperwork, you are making it impossible for us to enjoy our work. Also, offer at least some health benefits for people of the contract.

RSS Feed </> Embed