Perfect Teeth

Updated December 3, 2014
Updated December 3, 2014
3.5

Frederic W. J. Birner

I had an excellent experience working at this company

I worked at Perfect Teeth

Pros

Great boss to work for

Cons

The shop is cold during the winter

Incredible Work/Life Balance

Current Employee - Associate Dentist in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Associate Dentist in Denver, CO

I have been working at Perfect Teeth full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I am able to practice dentistry to my style without any pressures to practice a particular way. Also the benefits are great and there are no stresses relating to overhead or management.

Cons

Having come from owning my own practice there really are no "Cons." I get to come in each day and treat plan like its my own practice and provide the best care possible for each individual patient.

Keep maintaining open lines of communication with the offices, as you are currently doing.

No respect for their employees

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Monument, CO
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Monument, CO

I worked at Perfect Teeth full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are some great people that work at the company.

Cons

I worked for Perfect Teeth for 2 1/2 years, never called out sick. I ended up getting a "bug" that was going around and had a fever of 102. When I called to let them no I was sick with a fever of 102 I was told "sorry. I don't have anyone to send" I then went to the office, called the regional and was then told I was welcome to send an email to the other offices to see if they could send someone to work the front desk, but other than that I was expected to work....In a medical facility with a fever.

When I resigned I gave the company 1 months notice. PLENTY of time to find a replacement. I did this NOT for the company....BUT for the well being of the other Operation Managers.

Another example of how Perfect Teeth has no respect for there employees. I had a personnel issue and needed to use intermediate FMLA. This information "should" have been confidential, unfortunately the regional director has felt it necessary to share some of the details with new employees since I have left. THIS MUST BE some violation!

As far as patient care...on a corporate level they say "patient first" when in reality it is CLEARLY MONEY FIRST. Patients second.

Doctors may not feel the pressure of management, but they better hit their monthly goals financially! Because if they don't, they will feel the pressure of needing to find a new job! Perfect Teeth has lost many great doctors all due to the fact they may not have hit their $$$$ goal.

You have some wonderful people that work for you. Treat them like they matter. Because they do. AS far as the CEO. He once sent me an email that was inappropriate that I received a call apologizing for Mr Fred Birners behavior.
    HOW SAID IS THAT!

Great Company!

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Perfect Teeth full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Offers great work life balance, great culture and training, people there are great! If I didnt have to leave I would still be with the company.

Cons

Really no cons any time that I needed off for personal time it was granted. But as long as you communicate your need in a timely fashion, which is fair.

Amazingly great company to work for!!

Former Employee - Endo Assistant in Centennial, CO
    Former Employee - Endo Assistant in Centennial, CO

I worked at Perfect Teeth full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The benefits are amazing and they work with you and your goals.

Cons

Upper management needs to value their assistants a little better and give better raises.

Give better raises at review time.

Creativity is encouraged, passion is sparked, collegiality is unifying.

Current Employee - Best Practices Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Best Practices Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Perfect Teeth full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Our company cares about us and encourages us to learn new skills. We are allowed to take initiative to get things accomplished. I am trusted. The work we do makes a difference not only for our employees, but to the people in our community. The culture is great - the environment is incredibly empowering and the core values of the company align with mine. My manager encourages me to grow and welcomes feedback and ideas. I am treated as an important member of the team.

Cons

This is my dream job and I do not have any cons. I only see the company moving in a positive direction.

Disappointing

I worked at Perfect Teeth

Pros

The opportunity seemed great in the beginning. I now realize that they will say anything to persuade you to work for them. But it is certainly not what I expected.

Cons

It was difficult to follow the chain of command when my direct supervisor would say Corporate is dishonest. All of my requests and concerns have not seemed to be communicated to Sr Mgmt as evidenced by Sr Mgmt being clueless to my needs with patient care. Op Mgr micromanages and interferes with the providers' treatment of patients.

Needs better leadership

Moving on

I worked at Perfect Teeth

Pros

They have a good goal yet wrong execution. They have much to do to grow into the company they want to be, as written on their website. But how do they expect to grow if they don't open up the door of communication to their providers. Senior management only seems to care about the office managers, not the providers.

Cons

Office managers have more say than providers do and when providers need anything to help with patient care, managers are quick to blame corporate.

Pay more attention to your clinics teams in each office, especially the providers. You are shooting yourselves in the foot if you don't communicate with them because they will feel undervalued and will leave.

Keeps getting better...

Current Employee - Administrator/Manager
    Current Employee - Administrator/Manager

I have been working at Perfect Teeth full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company is dedicated to providing the best patient care in the markets they serve and the leadership is taking a hard look at the company culture and moving the needle in a very positive direction. Lots of opportunity for individuals who are willing to work hard; great teams; great benefits package.

Cons

The pace of change can be daunting; there are new expectations which have been difficult for some employees to adjust to.

Continue to listen to employees and encourage an environment of feedback.

Employees are not valued - treated like minions and all about the $$

I have been working at Perfect Teeth full-time

Pros

Benefits and the talent of the employee staff, for the most part.

Cons

Regional director has no clue. She has no idea how to hire people and is a terrible leader. She's been here wayyyyyy too long and inappropriate connections with the CEO in a publicly traded company…is this a conflict of interest?

Stop the inappropriate relationships with regional director and CEO. We never see our RD - maybe show up every once and a while? Get computer systems that are like a Windows platform and not DOS