Perfect Teeth

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Frederic W. J. Birner

Great Company!

Operations Manager (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsOffers great work life balance, great culture and training, people there are great! If I didnt have to leave I would still be with the company.

ConsReally no cons any time that I needed off for personal time it was granted. But as long as you communicate your need in a timely fashion, which is fair.

Amazingly great company to work for!!

Endo Assistant (Former Employee) Centennial, CO

ProsThe benefits are amazing and they work with you and your goals.

ConsUpper management needs to value their assistants a little better and give better raises.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive better raises at review time.

Creativity is encouraged, passion is sparked, collegiality is unifying.

Best Practices Manager (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsOur company cares about us and encourages us to learn new skills. We are allowed to take initiative to get things accomplished. I am trusted. The work we do makes a difference not only for our employees, but to the people in our community. The culture is great - the environment is incredibly empowering and the core values of the company align with mine. My manager encourages me to grow and welcomes feedback and ideas. I am treated as an important member of the team.

ConsThis is my dream job and I do not have any cons. I only see the company moving in a positive direction.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Disappointing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe opportunity seemed great in the beginning. I now realize that they will say anything to persuade you to work for them. But it is certainly not what I expected.

ConsIt was difficult to follow the chain of command when my direct supervisor would say Corporate is dishonest. All of my requests and concerns have not seemed to be communicated to Sr Mgmt as evidenced by Sr Mgmt being clueless to my needs with patient care. Op Mgr micromanages and interferes with the providers' treatment of patients.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeeds better leadership

Moving on

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey have a good goal yet wrong execution. They have much to do to grow into the company they want to be, as written on their website. But how do they expect to grow if they don't open up the door of communication to their providers. Senior management only seems to care about the office managers, not the providers.

ConsOffice managers have more say than providers do and when providers need anything to help with patient care, managers are quick to blame corporate.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to your clinics teams in each office, especially the providers. You are shooting yourselves in the foot if you don't communicate with them because they will feel undervalued and will leave.

Keeps getting better...

Administrator/Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThe company is dedicated to providing the best patient care in the markets they serve and the leadership is taking a hard look at the company culture and moving the needle in a very positive direction. Lots of opportunity for individuals who are willing to work hard; great teams; great benefits package.

ConsThe pace of change can be daunting; there are new expectations which have been difficult for some employees to adjust to.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to listen to employees and encourage an environment of feedback.

Employees are not valued - treated like minions and all about the $$

ProsBenefits and the talent of the employee staff, for the most part.

ConsRegional director has no clue. She has no idea how to hire people and is a terrible leader. She's been here wayyyyyy too long and inappropriate connections with the CEO in a publicly traded company…is this a conflict of interest?

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the inappropriate relationships with regional director and CEO. We never see our RD - maybe show up every once and a while? Get computer systems that are like a Windows platform and not DOS

Great company, on the right track for patient care but upper management needs some work!

ProsThe company owners definitely care about patients and are dong their very best to implement their Gold Standard of care at the office level. The office I worked in was clean and relatively up to date as dentist offices go. The doctors and my office were wonderful and I felt that they would go the extra mile to help patients. Most of the office staff were great to work with, but my manager had no authority to deal with the office slugs. I really liked my office Manager. She was fair and acted like she appreciated the work we did by saying thanks all the time.

ConsRegional Directors are "out of touch" with reality. They still act like old school managing by threats and intimidation. They could use some training on coaching and leading by example instead of threatening people- that's a turn off to most of us younger generation. They also need to learn how to show appreciation for their employees; a thank you once in a while would go along way - or at least they could speak to the office employees when they "drop in" for a visit instead of just going to back to gossip with their favorite employees. Surely someone is doing something right at some point in time. Why just look for things to criticize. Why not get involved and help improve things. PC and Assistant pay is also way to low - they must be saving any "raise" money for themselves because employees at the worker bee level aren't getting any. And employee turnover is really high.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe you should interview some of the office personal regarding their regional directors - you would get an earful.

It's all about the money you can bring into the office...Ethically or unethically.

Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsI worked with wonderful coworkers. Great sense of comradarie.

ConsOld, second rate equipment, way too much pressure to make your own schedule, confirm patients and,audit all your charts while you watch the other employees talk and drink coffee. A depressing atmosphere in the clinic areas, being expected to perform at the fastest pace, seeing a patient every half hour,half of which should be high production (Perio treatment to include oral irrigation, fluoride treatments or fluoride for home use (at higher cost than any pharmacy) repeated SRP and antibiotic placement. Always pushing the patient to spend the maximum amount of money for some legitimate and some questionable treatment even when the patients oral hygiene/ home care, and condition improves.
    NO RAISES! EVER!! Very little appreciation followed up with how you can do better, work harder and faster, charge for more treatment and manage to cram in more paperwork to avoid looking negligent. Surprise visits from the hygiene guru/enforcer.. And district manager to add more to your plate and make you feel inadequate while "giving you the opportunity"
    To still work for the "company". I think that about sums it up!

Advice to Senior ManagementBe consistent! Appreciate your employees! Don't overload your staff! Remember.. PATIENTS FIRST, not profits first.

Moving on

Patient Coordinator (Current Employee) Lakewood, CO

Prosgreat people to work with

Consdo not pay enough for what is asked oh you

Worked for Perfect Teeth? Contribute to the Community!