Perficient

Perficient Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2014

Perficient CEO Jeffrey Davis

Jeffrey Davis

Pros
  • The office culture is such that work/life balance is emphasized(in 19 reviews)

• There are some good people that work at Perficient(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • In terms of business units - the primary one is IBM(in 13 reviews)

• they focus on billable hours more than they do the individuals(in 7 reviews)

It has been ok.

Systems Test (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsAs a contractor, I have been staffed on my assignment for almost 2 years now.

ConsI have not been hired as a FTE as I desired to be.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your employees and contingent workers.

After acquisition, the day-to-day is the same but everything else has changed.

ProsLarge company = large customer base; theoretical mobility between BUs; flexible hours; competitive salary; flexible work location

ConsLarge company = lots of administrative overhead; politics and infighting between BUs; non-salary benefits (401k match, PTO) are below average for the industry and overly strict

company review

Prosconsulting opportunity is major plus for this company

Consshort term projects are limitations of this company

Advice to Senior Managementcareer growth opportunities should be provided more.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Unprofessional in hiring and project assignment, lack of connection between management and employee

Senior Technical Architect (Former Employee) Detroit, MI

Prosgood package, quick offer, immediate placement on a fast paced project

ConsTravel Expenses will be reimbursed only if you are lucky. Total disconnect between Practice Lead and employee. Very unprofessional in assigning the project and actual delivery to the client. Delivery Manager thinks he owns the Client, with utmost disregard to the expectation from the Client

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is unlawful to ask an employee to pay for the travel out of pocket and then not reimburse. Management must be connected to the employees directly and not via the Delivery manager.

A large team of very talented people

Senior Technical Architect (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsI love the culture and environment. After being around for some years now I still feel like I can make a difference. I am challenged everyday and truly love it. This is a great place to start a learn from a extremely smart team of people.

ConsSometime the works gets over me and I have to remind myself to slow down a bit. Being a traded company we have to focus on the numbers a bit more than I wish.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep giving your younger staff clear direction about their careers and give them the opportunity to shine.

This is a good company to work for they have good benefits but not a great paying company

QA Manager (Former Employee) Peoria, IL

ProsGreat people in the company, with a lot of skills and talent

ConsSalary was not very good for a QA manager

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more flexibility to your travelling consultant.

Bittersweet.. But mostly sweet

ProsBeen here for more than 3 years and have found it for the most part to be good. I've met some great people and learnt so much from them. Met some not so great people and they were either fired, asked to leave or were pushed to the side. You only get one strike and so you better bring your A-game everyday. The bonus is fine but it takes a lot of personal sacrifice to get those almost unattainable high numbers. The pay's just about average. The reason I stay on is because of the huge upside in growth as the company keeps growing and putting up some good numbers.

ConsThe culture sucks because I feel some business units hire from the outside or even sub-contract than use resources from other business units because they're competing against each other. This leaves some good people on the bench or theyre let go. Consultants burn out over time and there seems to be a culture here of deal with it yourself. I burned out after 3 years and still had to travel and luckily came out of it in 6 weeks. There's also a great degree of stereotyping - if you're good with technical stuff then you're stuck with it.. If you're good with Microsoft you're stuck with it, if you're good with IBM portal that's all you'll be doing etc., .. Even if you're on the bench, you won't be moved from one technology stack to another and you might eventually be let go if the pipeline isnt good. I will never understand the interview after interview with the clients to get on a project and even if you're moving within internal business units you might be interviewed.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake steps to prevent middle-management from stereotyping people. Make resource-sharing more fluid and provide horizontal ladders for people so there's less overhead and more job-security for employees. Don't let go of employees because you didn't sell something.. Let go of your sales people who made bold predictions and delivered squat. You need to show them that there are consequences and people's jobs are on the line.

Great opportunity to advance your knowledge

Prosgood benefits and PTO. Great access to services and software

ConsBonus structure is horrible and counter productive

Flexible, Stable, Progressing

Technical Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsI have been with PRFT for over 2 years and I am not planning to move anytime soon.
    The management at Perficient shows genuine concern about the employees and there is direct communication between the members up to the executive team.

PRFT has enterprise level clients, the projects are always challenging and fun to work with. People at Perficient are awesome and very helpful.

The main reason I am still with Perficient - most important factor for me - PROGRESS!

ConsDon't really see a downside -

Consulting review

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsTraining opportunities are offered with certified vendor training.

ConsTravel extensively with little preparation.

Worked for Perficient? Contribute to the Community!