Perficient Reviews

Updated September 12, 2014
3.4

Perficient CEO Jeffrey Davis
Jeffrey Davis

Pros
  • The office culture is such that work/life balance is emphasized (in 19 reviews)

• There are some good people that work at Perficient (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • In terms of business units - the primary one is IBM (in 13 reviews)

• they focus on billable hours more than they do the individuals (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

i was a solution architect with perficient - pm and managers do not stick up for you

Former Employee - Solution Architect  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Solution Architect in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Perficient full-time for less than a year

Pros

decent benefits, nice salary, good with work life balance

Cons

management not friendly, not a lot of opp for advancement

ok

Current Employee - Marketing Manager  in  Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Perficient full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good benefits , work from home

Cons

salary could be a lot better

none

Test Center Intern Review

Current Employee - Test Center  in  Livonia, MI
    Current Employee - Test Center in Livonia, MI

I have been working at Perficient as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The pay was great, as well as the working environment and those who I worked with (coworkers). (Virtually everyone in the branch)

Cons

One peculiar thing I learned while being with Perficient is that one's feeling of job security goes out the window. Of the 50 people I worked with on a day to day basis maybe 10 had been there for more than a year. I found out that working as a "middle man" and consulting means that your work is solely dependent on snatching up contracts from actual corporations that have more important and profitable things to do then test a website. Being a middle man to me is no fun.
    Most employees were recently hired in directly to their positions. The one problem I had with this is that many of the interns were taught by these new hires. Now don't get me wrong those who were training were very qualified to do so and had a great spread of experience in the work itself. But where they lacked experience was that most of the employees that were working and teaching the programs did not teach very well. (not their fault, if they wanted to be teachers they would be in a different career)

Next is the communication skills of senior management.

Aside from one of the seniors at the branch, basically Yoda (he was great), most of the communication skills were sub par. There was an odd cloud of secrecy that always floated over the office and it made me concerned and on edge quite frequently. One of these higher level managers I worked with was utterly terrible at letting you know what they wanted. As if they meant to speak to you in short incredibly vague sentences and by means of osmosis you would completely understand what they meant. Youth of my generation appreciate and respect complete openness even if it is information that would be rather grim in terms of our job outlook. We see secrecy as a cowardly way of dealing with situations that are uncomfortable. We thrive on confrontation and challenge and do not need to be cradled.

We who have worked there in the past know that the project management lead's that work in the Livonia office are fantastic. My advice would be for your team to hire an project manager specifically for intern training, preparation, and guidance. This individual should spend a pre-decided amount of time training the interns on basic projects. After a month or so push them out to work with the teams then within the test center. then let the few project heads tune the interns for their needs.

Also remember that in a recent study done by a conglomerate of midwest universities (O of M, OSU, Harvard etc.) it took about one year for an new employee to become productive, and find their niche within the company.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not a good place for long-term career development

Current Employee - Developer
    Current Employee - Developer

I have been working at Perficient full-time for more than a year

Pros

Clever company name. Decent benefits. Some very smart people, although they tend to be more in the national practices and used for business development rather than client services. Name brand clients.

Cons

Wow. Where to start? First off, despite all the hoopla, Perficient is basically a staff augmentation job shop, far from "Experts in delivering business driven technology solutions" as they claim. In an industry that values consistency, Perficient is all over the map in terms of quality of staff, quality of delivery and quality of training. Very hit and miss. No formal internal QA/QC process. No company-wide methodology. Everything is vendor-dependent, and the IBM team doesn't want anyone else in their clients. High attrition and turnover, and people are canned all the time with no warning, no severance and just because their client project came to an end. Poor morale in many locations. Incompetent middle management. Mash-up of small boutiques with little attention paid to integration issues. More attention paid to acquisitions than internal career development. Mentoring program really depends on who you get as a mentor. Limited promotion opportunity -- you kind of get pegged when you join and it's very hard to get experience in other areas. Funny to see the HR and recruiting reviews here -- they stand out like sore thumbs.

If you don't believe it or intend to follow through then don't say it. Overall, less talk and more action. At least pretend that you care about employees as more than just billable zombies.

Unethical and uncaring company

Former Employee - Anonymous  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Seattle, WA

I worked at Perficient full-time

Pros

The only pros that I could think of is that Perficient tries to place you with clients within your region.

Cons

Like other reviews have mentioned they are truly a staff aug body shop. Additionally they will lay a person off (fire you) without any notice without any reasoning whatsoever. Engagements are extremely chaotic with very little management oversight or overall planning.

Get a conscience and look beyond the bottom line.

Not a great company

Former Employee - Business Consultant  in  Annandale, VA
    Former Employee - Business Consultant in Annandale, VA

I worked at Perficient full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work/life balance is usually good, but depends on the project you're on. It was usually easy to work remote from wherever.

Cons

The benefits were not good. I was part of a smaller company that Perficient acquired. We had great benefits, but then Perficient hacked them up.
    I did not like my group, or the work we did. I was not able to switch out. I even internally applied to Perficient positions, but never got a response.
    The HR department does not answer emails or calls, and IT is equally hard to get a hold of.

Overhaul your HR and IT departments.
    If you're going to waste the time on internal marketing about how great Perficient is to its employees, then try to at least follow through. Instead they send emails about why they are increasing the cost of your benefits, and it is not their problem.

Stock price and utilization is all they care about - people are not even part of the equation

I worked at Perficient full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits are borderline decent. Pay is decent, but bonuses stink.

Cons

Utilization appears to be the only thing this company cares about. On internal calls about financial results and other milestones, the entire focus is on sales - consultants are persona non grata. Poor communication from management. Feedback from management almost nonexistent. Had to find my own engagements to keep busy. Layoffs appear to be a way of life there. Bonus program is subpar. Zero assistance from sales team on opportunities - I had to gather most of my own sales leads, and received virtually no assistance from sales group.

Start treating your consultants with a bit more respect or no one will want to work for you..

NA

I have been working at Perficient full-time

Pros

Good opportunities for career growth.

Cons

short bench equals over extended employees.

NA

Just Ok, there are better companies out there ...

Former Employee - Senior Technical Consultant
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Consultant

I worked at Perficient full-time

Pros

Variety of projects and clients give you good flavor of corporate life across many organizations. Get to travel to all parts of the country like most big consulting firms. Recognize talent and reward it with awards and promotions (but not monetarily).

Cons

Lack of certainty of projects - you are here one day, and elsewhere another day. They get much more out of you than what you had signed up for but pay way below market rate for your experience and skills. Lot of mid-level managers and few workers. No training of employees, you only learn on the job. Often a mismatch of skills/interest and the projects you are assigned to.

You need to nurture talent to retain it. Invest more in employee training & pay market rate.

Another IT roll-up jumps the shark

Former Employee - Systems Programmer  in  Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Systems Programmer in Plano, TX

I worked at Perficient full-time

Pros

Good place to get some exposure to current products/modules in the IBM, Oracle and Microsoft application space. Good opportunities for OTJ training, mainly because there is no other training, Sink or swim culture. Work/life balance is better than many other IT services firms. Above average employee benefits..

Cons

Don't be fooled. This is a staff aug roll-up, not a consulting firm. Despite what they advertise, there is no standard set of company sys dev or SI methodologies, Teams are thrown together and often have never met (let alone worked together) before showing up on a client site. Lots of hype, but the reality falls short. Year over year growth is less than the combined revenues of companies acquired during year, so what does that tell you?

Be more honest. Focus more on solid capabilities and less on hype. Don't pretend to be what your not.

Worked for Perficient? Contribute to the Community!