Perficient Reviews

Updated September 26, 2014
3.2

Perficient CEO Jeffrey Davis
Jeffrey Davis

Pros
  • Work/life balance is usually good, but depends on the project you're on (in 24 reviews)

• There are some good people that work at Perficient (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • In terms of business units - the primary one is IBM (in 14 reviews)

• Ineffective middle management and senior management entirely focused on acquisitions (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

i was a solution architect with perficient - pm and managers do not stick up for you

Former Employee - Solution Architect  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Solution Architect in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Perficient full-time for less than a year

Pros

decent benefits, nice salary, good with work life balance

Cons

management not friendly, not a lot of opp for advancement

Great Company

I have been working at Perficient full-time

Pros

Perficient has a great work-life balance culture.
    There is a ton of variety of work.
    It is a fast paced environment which makes learning happen naturally.

Cons

There aren't any serious cons - it is a great company with consistent growth. I hope the company continues to grow!

Good company

Current Employee - Technical Architect  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Technical Architect in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Perficient full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good culture and benefits. Good opportunity to learn, some very smart people working here

Cons

Everything depends on your team and manager, the entire environment is a hit or miss sometimes

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

ok

Current Employee - Marketing Manager  in  Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Perficient full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good benefits , work from home

Cons

salary could be a lot better

none

Test Center Intern Review

Current Employee - Test Center  in  Livonia, MI
    Current Employee - Test Center in Livonia, MI

I have been working at Perficient as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The pay was great, as well as the working environment and those who I worked with (coworkers). (Virtually everyone in the branch)

Cons

One peculiar thing I learned while being with Perficient is that one's feeling of job security goes out the window. Of the 50 people I worked with on a day to day basis maybe 10 had been there for more than a year. I found out that working as a "middle man" and consulting means that your work is solely dependent on snatching up contracts from actual corporations that have more important and profitable things to do then test a website. Being a middle man to me is no fun.
    Most employees were recently hired in directly to their positions. The one problem I had with this is that many of the interns were taught by these new hires. Now don't get me wrong those who were training were very qualified to do so and had a great spread of experience in the work itself. But where they lacked experience was that most of the employees that were working and teaching the programs did not teach very well. (not their fault, if they wanted to be teachers they would be in a different career)

Next is the communication skills of senior management.

Aside from one of the seniors at the branch, basically Yoda (he was great), most of the communication skills were sub par. There was an odd cloud of secrecy that always floated over the office and it made me concerned and on edge quite frequently. One of these higher level managers I worked with was utterly terrible at letting you know what they wanted. As if they meant to speak to you in short incredibly vague sentences and by means of osmosis you would completely understand what they meant. Youth of my generation appreciate and respect complete openness even if it is information that would be rather grim in terms of our job outlook. We see secrecy as a cowardly way of dealing with situations that are uncomfortable. We thrive on confrontation and challenge and do not need to be cradled.

We who have worked there in the past know that the project management lead's that work in the Livonia office are fantastic. My advice would be for your team to hire an project manager specifically for intern training, preparation, and guidance. This individual should spend a pre-decided amount of time training the interns on basic projects. After a month or so push them out to work with the teams then within the test center. then let the few project heads tune the interns for their needs.

Also remember that in a recent study done by a conglomerate of midwest universities (O of M, OSU, Harvard etc.) it took about one year for an new employee to become productive, and find their niche within the company.

Poor choice for a career in IT services

Current Employee - Senior Solution Architect
    Current Employee - Senior Solution Architect

I have been working at Perficient full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I enjoy some of the people I work with, and some (not most) are smart
    Friday afternoon happy hours are a nice perk
    Some interesting client projects
    individual and family medical insurance is good

Cons

Other than billing metrics, no other operational or quality controls exist
    No standard methodologies
    No standard training
    Wide variance in technical and project management skills and competence
    Incompetent regional management
    Disconnected senior management
    High attrition and turnover leading to unstable work environments
    Best talent is leaving and going to the competition
    Atrocious employee policies -- termination without warning, no severance
    Employees who raise legitimate issues are terminated or told to leave if they don't like things the way they are
    Very poor career mobility - you get pegged when you arrive and will do the same thing over and over again
    Bonus program is a joke

Even worse than your attitudes is the fact that you don't listen and you don't care. No advice is going to make any difference.

PERFICIENT = PERsistently deFICIENT

Current Employee - Senior Solutions Architect
    Current Employee - Senior Solutions Architect

I have been working at Perficient full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Catchy name
    Great jazz clubs and rib joints in HQ hometown of St Louis
    Some big, well-known clients

Cons

Below industry average salaries
    Bonus program is a joke -- entirely based on billing excessive hours, not client satisfaction or work quality
    Really poor, short-sighted PMs and middle/regional management
    Losing long-term clients
    High attrition rates and turnover creating unstable work environment
    Internal tribal wars between competing technology brand groups (IBM vs Microsoft vs Oracle)
    Collapsing stock price -- down from $24 to $14.22 over last 9 months
    This isn't a unified consulting firm with 1,800 employees - it's a mash-up of 30-odd small acquisitions
    Training is erratic, sporadic and anemic

In company-wide Town Hall meetings, when employees voice legitimate concerns, you might want to say something other than "If you don't like it here, you know where the exit is!" How about "Thank you for your valuable feedback. Your input will make us a better company." Nah -- never happen ...

Stockholders matter, employees are garbage

I worked at Perficient full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is absolutely nothing good I can say about the organization as a whole. I wish I had something nice to say, but as it stands, I'd have to use vulgar language to describe the situation.

Cons

All this company cares about is stock price. The intangibles of trying to generate business, marketing, sales, etc. don't matter. I received ZERO support from our sales team - had to do everything myself. After being told time and again how important I was to the organization, none of that mattered. All this company cares about is satisfying its shareholders. Salespeople get look upon as the most important employees. The rest of us are just bodies. The firm is made up of a lot of small, acquired boutique firms. No consistency across the business units.

Get a conscience. Think about what kind of rep you are getting in the marketplace. Continue the current trend and no one will want to work for you.

Worse place i ever worked at

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Perficient full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nothing at all, they are focusing on how much money they can get out of you , if you need training then forget it , no guiding no training as soon as you finish a project you are pretty much out

Cons

having a training and the guide any employee needs

Some of the employees need training and before sending your employees out make sure they have all the training they need , of course you guys don't want to spend money on that and that was my problem with you .

Not a good place for long-term career development

Current Employee - Developer
    Current Employee - Developer

I have been working at Perficient full-time for more than a year

Pros

Clever company name. Decent benefits. Some very smart people, although they tend to be more in the national practices and used for business development rather than client services. Name brand clients.

Cons

Wow. Where to start? First off, despite all the hoopla, Perficient is basically a staff augmentation job shop, far from "Experts in delivering business driven technology solutions" as they claim. In an industry that values consistency, Perficient is all over the map in terms of quality of staff, quality of delivery and quality of training. Very hit and miss. No formal internal QA/QC process. No company-wide methodology. Everything is vendor-dependent, and the IBM team doesn't want anyone else in their clients. High attrition and turnover, and people are canned all the time with no warning, no severance and just because their client project came to an end. Poor morale in many locations. Incompetent middle management. Mash-up of small boutiques with little attention paid to integration issues. More attention paid to acquisitions than internal career development. Mentoring program really depends on who you get as a mentor. Limited promotion opportunity -- you kind of get pegged when you join and it's very hard to get experience in other areas. Funny to see the HR and recruiting reviews here -- they stand out like sore thumbs.

If you don't believe it or intend to follow through then don't say it. Overall, less talk and more action. At least pretend that you care about employees as more than just billable zombies.

Worked for Perficient? Contribute to the Community!