Perficient

Perficient Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2014

Perficient CEO Jeffrey Davis

Jeffrey Davis

Pros
  • The office culture is such that work/life balance is emphasized(in 19 reviews)

• There are some good people that work at Perficient(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • In terms of business units - the primary one is IBM(in 13 reviews)

• they focus on billable hours more than they do the individuals(in 7 reviews)

Great Experience and good delivery teams

ProsReputable client register inlcuding numerous Fortune 500 firms. Flexible working schedule if client is reasonable and strong combination of team members on projects, good balance of strong/avg.

ConsAverage pay and incentives plans.

NA

ProsGood opportunities for career growth.

Consshort bench equals over extended employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementNA

Great company to work for where you are in control of your career growth.

Business Consultant (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsThe flexibility, learning opportunities, and great benefits.

ConsIf you're not a self starter or very motivated, you will not succeed.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sr. Talent Acquitistion Specialist

Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsPerficient is flexible with work/life balance. Amazing Teams! Wide wingspan, as our Primary Partners are as follows: IBM | MSFT | ORACLE | EMC | TIBCO | SFDC and several seconday partners as well. Upward mobility, collaboration, excellent management, and fun environment.

ConsMust be on top of your game 95% of the time. Hire the BEST of the BEST!

Advice to Senior ManagementNice to see management working with the teams and collaborating. Management does an excellent job and greatly impressed with their style and skills! Looking forward to growing into a bigger player in the SERVICES ARENA!!! We are well on our way...

Great place to build your career!!

Senior Technical Architect (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

Pros- Great Place where you can start your career or when your are in your early years of IT world
    - Also fits well for senior level personnel
    - Always presents scope to improve your skills

Cons- Travel sometimes is negative
    - Uncertainty as with any other consulting company

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing

Average consulting firm

ProsPerficient says the right things about work-life balance and career development. Some good, talented, and/or friendly people who work at the company. Salary and benefits seem in-line with the industry. Budget for training / personal classes. A lot of independence if you are competent and self-reliant. Relatively fun culture for an IT consultancy. Ethics are promoted. Few egos.

ConsPerficient employs people of varying (to poor) skill; contractors to backfill awarded contracts which is very hit-and-miss. Overpromise, underdeliver is unfortunately a problem when Perficient rushes to win/sign contracts. Random travel and sometimes poor last-minute planning. Decentralization can cause a lack of standards, processes or relationships with other team members.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease hire better people and adopt more standards.

On growth path, Yet Lot to be done

Senior Technical Architect (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

Pros- Good work life balance
    - Good Pay practices
    - Industry best talent
    - CEO focused on growth
    - Very string Horizontal practice
    - Several industry recognitions

Cons- Most of the company leadership comes from many small acquisitions who lacks big visions. They need an industry veteran from Big consulting firm who bring big vision. This is what holding this company back.
    - Lacks mandated periodic Automated Employee Performance Review System. This is leading to each business unit following their own employee review practices. No properly drawn career path.
    - Most of the company revenue and cash flow is leveraged for acquisitions leaving very tight funds for internal investments like Trainings, Employee benefits programs, marketing initiatives etc.
    - PTO Laps in 6 months if not used.
    - Weak HR function (Lacks proper mechanism to motivate and keep up with growing employees)
    - No Learning Management System or Access to 24*7 Book store
    - Lack Access to industry leading research tools like Gartner, Forrester etc.
    - Lack of Coordination between Local Business Units and national Business Units
    - Lack of repeat business. Many hit and run success. Lacks Vision to stay in an account and grow (With few exceptions)
    - Very susceptible to industry downturn as they are in specialty business

Advice to Senior Management- Grow Internationally
    - Improve vision around GDC. Need volume business.
    - Improve Account management to improve repeat business
    - Bring industry veterans

Great experience.

Lead Technical Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsI thoroughly enjoyed my time working at Perficient, learned a lot and worked with great people. You do have control of how much time you put into your career; however, keep in mind sub-text expectations from management.

ConsCorporate communication needs to be refined as there is disengaged employees that don't listen to corporate communications due to not aligning to corporate culture and tone.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnhance corporate communications!

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

COnsultant interview

Consultant Interview (Former Employee) Boston, MA

Prosgood environment, friendly staff, good location

Conssmall workspace, not many projects

Advice to Senior Managementconcentrate more on company environment

Perficient

Technical Architect (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsGood work life balance and pay

ConsCompany is growing and changing from a small to mid size organization to large organization. More money is going into marketing and hiring Senior Mangers in order to reach financial revenue goals.

Worked for Perficient? Contribute to the Community!