Perficient Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. Lead Technical Consultant

Pros

Good place to work with some of the nicest and brightest ppl.

Cons

nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing

Sales & Marketing

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

health insurance was decent.

Cons

Original company was aquired by Perficient, and as a whole, Perficient is completely clueless. Uppermanagement is a gorup of people that have been together for years just waiting for retirement, have no knowledge of what the heart beat of the employees is, nor do they care, or act like they care. Would not recomend working there at all!

Advice to Management

WAKE UP

Overall, pretty good

Current Employee - Senior Solutions Architect
    Current Employee - Senior Solutions Architect

Pros

The team that I'm on, the Microsoft consulting group, is fantastic. Excellent vision and communication, our GM's and VP get it, and we operate like a true professional consulting company.

Cons

Working on projects that involve multiple business units is always a challenge. Not everyone operates under the same values or approach to customers. Lack of vision from our executive office. I feel we have great vision at the business unit level, but our CEO is kind of like an imaginary friend. I've never met him, and we never hear anything from him related to vision or direction. I hear he spends most of his time with analysts. Maybe that's the right thing to do, but I think we need a leader who can inspire growth (and not just buy it via acquisition).

Advice to Management

Lead from the front. Be vocal with and reinforce strategy and vision. Be present by visiting offices. Have a heart.

A good entry point to the Industry

Current Employee - Technical Consultant
    Current Employee - Technical Consultant

I have been working at Perficient full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to get started in technology, tries to emphasis project based deals with other Perficient co-workers. Which you can then get mentors to develop your skills better. Lots of potential for learning.

Cons

Too focused on Billable Hours and Profit, so you will have to aggressively ask for raises. Internal systems are old and are in dire need of updating.

Advice to Management

Quit being so stingy with your Developers, it's a high in demand field and we can easily go somewhere else and be better paid. Invest resources on improving internal systems to a more modern standard (Time Tracking, HR, and Review Process especially).

Company

Pros

Large company that is global

Cons

Will under pay you if you allow it

Usual Consulting Body Shop

Pros

Salary compares well with rest of industry. Travel is usually 50% max. One week at home, one week at client.

Cons

Yearly raises are 2 - 3% regardless of performance. Bonus plan is stingy. Projects can be very disorganized. Convoluted organizational structure can make it hard for the correct people to lead a project. No training or conferences

Advice to Management

Give raises based on performance. Have a budget for training and conferences where appropriate. Simplify the organization structure so it makes operational sense.

One star is giving them too much credit

I worked at Perficient full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None. No possible reason why I could recommend them.

Cons

We came in as part of an acquisition. They treat their consultants like garbage. If you are on the bench for more than a couple of weeks, be prepared to get canned. The company is just a meat market for consultants.

Advice to Management

Get a clue.

One of the Best Companies I worked for

Current Employee - Senior Solutions Architect in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Solutions Architect in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Perficient full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Entrepreneurial, Management listens, On Project, Good Clients

Cons

Long Term strategy, Billing Hours.

Advice to Management

Shift focus more towards market

Ambitious Beyond Its Means

Pros

Hard to qualify. Smart here and there.

Cons

No sense whatsoever of what this firm might be except as a payday for management. After years acquiring companies, rumors are swirling WE might be acquired. In the meantime there's nothing but discontinuity from top to bottom with no overarching strategy or unifying mission. A "VAR in consultant's clothing" as one wag has already shared. Highly politicized at the top and middle. BDEs have power here (not a bad thing) but to what end? Transaction driven with no/little strategic perspective. A one-and-done mentality because they're rarely hired again.

Advice to Management

Really?

Rough Edges

I have been working at Perficient full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart colleagues Decent(ish) pay Chance to work with an array of clients Ability to work remotely

Cons

Greed - The client could be completely unreasonable, but you are still expected to stay the course. All they care about is billable hours Lack of vision - Nobody cares about maintaining a relationship with customers. It's all about meeting quotas & gaining bonuses. Splurge & Purge cycles - Hiring people indiscriminately before a project, followed by "letting them go" if they stay on the bench for short periods of time

RSS Feed </> Embed