Perficient Reviews

Updated March 24, 2015
256 reviews filtered by

1. Overall good company

I have been working at Perficient full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great work / hours flexibility. Very important when balancing family / work.

Cons

Salaries are not up to par with other companies in the market.

Evaluate competitive salaries in the area in order to keep employee retention.

SFDC Practice is growing, innovative and challenging.

Current Employee - Delivery Director
    Current Employee - Delivery Director

I have been working at Perficient full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Excellent leadership in the SFDC practice. Very experienced in SFDC ecosystem and professional services.
    - Teams are very supportive of each other and pitch in to help, when needed.
    - Good work/life balance and ability to work from home
    - Excellent benefits
    - Challenging projects solving interesting business problems
    - In general, a collaborative and energized environment
    - Perficient as a whole operates with integrity and fairness
    - Perficient isn't the 'coolest' company ever, but they take care of their customers and employees.

Cons

- Your experience at Perficient will depend on which practice you work for (SFDC, Oracle, Fin, etc.). Each practice appears to have it's own culture/personality.
    - Operationally Perficient runs very lean so that translates into less than ideal operational support from HR, Legal, and Sales Ops
    - HR responsiveness is horrible. Slow to respond and assistance of little value.

- More investment is required on internal systems to support the field. Recent system roll outs have lacked training and support leaving colleagues with manual processes and more administrative overhead. It can be easily fixed, it just requires the focus and commitment.

- The centralized support model falls short in some areas - notably HR, Legal, and Ops. All of these teams are a bit out of touch with what goes on out in the practices and what the teams need to do their jobs. An example is that it takes a week to get legal to review a SOW. That is far too long. Should be 48 hours max!

3. Great People and Cool Projects

I have been working at Perficient full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I cannot say enough good things about our immediate team and the local office culture. Everyone in our office is there because they want to be there and one of the main recruiting points when interviewing candidates is to make sure that he or she is someone that we would all want to work with (smart, likeable, client-facing, good communicator, good culture fit, etc.).

Our senior leadership at our local and business unit levels is as good as you can get -- very communicative, open and transparent about the challenges we face, and they run the group with the type of integrity sometimes lacking in organizations.

The variety and diversity of the project work is pretty cool. There are a lot of very interesting and sometimes cutting-edge projects that are being delivered by our group, so there is plenty of opportunity to ensure your skills don't get stagnant. There is also a tight coupling of the technical solution and the user experience/visual design aspects which makes it a lot of fun and provides some great portfolio pieces.

The pay is pretty good (at or better than much of the industry) and the consultant billable bonus model is pretty nice, with a nice kicker for consultants that travel extensively as well.

Cons

The tools and processes from corporate can sometimes make it harder to do our jobs. The way that Perficient is organized lends itself to a variety of ways that each business unit is run. That's not always a bad thing, but there should be more help at the corporate level to bring all the different businesses together. The common tools and organization-wide functions are mostly adequate, but there is very little effort put into improving them, providing organizational communications about them, or ensuring everyone knows the "what" and the "why" about them unless it comes from the leadership of your individual business unit.

Billable utilization is pretty much the only metric looked at for delivery resources. There are definitely areas where we can and should invest, however, we are not able to because of the pressure on utilization. The current operation environment does not allow for those internal investments to improve the business because of the need to continuously hit very aggressive utilization numbers.

It would be valuable to hear from senior management more often about the challenges that we're facing and what we're doing to address those challenges. Instead of a sales pitch to employees (or no communication at all), some effort should be made to provide some insight from the executive team about these day-to-day issues and the efforts being made to improve things. There should be some longer-term strategy out there about how we're going to be a better company rather than just shooting for a revenue goal or to hit next quarter's numbers.

PRFT

I have been working at Perficient

Pros

culture, clients, technology, benefits, team

Cons

growth, communication between upper and lower manageemry

Solid consulting company with talented people.

I have been working at Perficient full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Very smart consultants who are focused on delivering quality for customers
    - Great culture and team
    - Growing rapidly
    - Still agile and nimble

Cons

- There is a lot of M&A and some consultants that join the company through an acquisition aren't truly 'enterprise grade' consultants. They quit or get cut. The good consultants stay and do well though.
    - The company needs to focus more on organic growth. This is a big area of focus and strong people are working on it.
    - The company needs to do a better job at standardizing its delivery best practices. Business units often do things their own way today. There is a Delivery Excellence committee now though that is working to improve the delivery consistency.

- Invest a little more in professional development.
    - Slow the pace of acquisitions in order to build a very solid platform that can support future organic growth and future acquisitions.
    - Obsess over the quality of work delivered to clients.

Minneapolis is the worst

Former Employee - Consultant in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Perficient full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You don't have to be terribly competent to outshine this group.

Cons

Management is a joke. A clique of moderately competent leaders who don't understand how a services business works, and don't care about staff. The client base is tiny. If it weren't for a couple long term clients the office wouldn't exist. They can't attract quality people, and if one does make the mistake of joining this office they leave quickly. I've worked at the largest consulting organization in the world. Their worst people are better than the people who work at Perficient.

Replace them all.

Good company, great people

Former Employee - Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Perficient full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The employees are awesome. Culture is great.

Cons

Consulting life is hard as you get older and start to have a family. Travelling every week gets old.

Constantly acquiring smaller companies but failed to grow bigger, Go figure

Former Employee - Director of Operations in Mid City, MO
    Former Employee - Director of Operations in Mid City, MO

I worked at Perficient full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Competitive pay and above average PTO and benefits. Relatively younger work force and self-funded health plan make company health insurance affordable with good coverage. Good, talented people to work with if you can find them as part of the just got acquired group or a few diamonds in the rough within the older business units. You also get company stock (not option) as part of the compensation package when you reach certain level. It is only good if the stock price goes up because you have to pay taxes on the day it is vested. you might end up loosing money if the stock goes down.

Cons

No career opportunities! This is how the company works. It grew to current size by acquiring 2-3 smaller companies every year or so. That strategy used to work many years ago. Now, it is only doing so to survive, by acquiring companies with good earnings to keep Wall Street happy and stock price steady. The problem is not the acquisition itself, most of the time, they do buy good companies. The problem is with the integration. If you don't integrate the newly acquired assets, how can you keep the best talent you just bought? So the GMs and VPs are either from newly acquired company or people who play politics well. Very rarely you can work your way up to GM level. Remember, this is only a mid-size company!

If you don't figure out how to keep the best people you acquired, you will never become a billion dollar company.

10. OK

I have been working at Perficient (more than a year)

Pros

Decent Pay and Benefits. Depends mostly on who the client is.

Cons

Expect too much internal work

Great Company

I have been working at Perficient full-time

Pros

Perficient has a great work-life balance culture.
    There is a ton of variety of work.
    It is a fast paced environment which makes learning happen naturally.

Cons

There aren't any serious cons - it is a great company with consistent growth. I hope the company continues to grow!

Perficient Photos