Performance Contracting

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Craig D. Davis

Come in as a PM or estimator

Project Engineer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGood company environment, employee owned. Like to have fun.

ConsGood luck getting past being a Project Engineer.

Unmatched benefits

Unique Position (Current Employee)

ProsCompensation. Benefits. ESOP will make you rich. 401K. Flexible work environment. Excellent people. Loyalty. People drink the Kool Aid and it's the good stuff. Takes care of employees. 100% employee owned. "Fun place to work" is a core value and that's definitely a pro!

ConsGood ol' boys club FOR SURE. Sink or swim/trial by fire approach. Lack of females (not girls) in leadership positions. Career paths are not finite or clear for some positions. There is definitely not a "FAIR" environment across the branches. People do what they want while others are not allowed reprimanded for it. Lack of formal HR department. People act accordingly.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease consider placing females in leadership positions and most importantly, CREATING these opportunities... it's 2014 and please consider our customers, they have plenty of females in leadership roles. Place some sense of importance on assuring positions have career paths and clear direction on where they can go in the company. The lack of this is with my position is very discouraging and disappointing.

Treated well; expectations met.

Field Mechanic (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsTreated well by supervisors; paid on schedule; safety regs. adhered to.

ConsLots of hoops and whistles to manuever getting in and out of jobsites; on site inspections sometimes disrupt job efficiency.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to senior employee suggestions to effect better results on the job.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good benefits, but couldn't get past the unprofessionalism

Associate Project Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsThey have a great training program for entry level employees. They really invest in you, if you work in the right branch. The ESOP program will make you rich.

ConsOffice culture is very unprofessional, atleast in my branch. F-bombs and other curse words were dropped on a normal basis. Sex jokes and other immature and unprofessional acts were normal.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to be more active in entry level trainings. Management also needs to learn how to manage, at least in my branch.

Great support from management in achieving success.

Safety Engineer (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsGreat exposure to environments rich with areas to increase knowledge.

ConsSalary is a little below industry standard.

Advice to Senior ManagementPossibly offer pay out for unused vacation instead of "use it or lose it" program.

Great environment, great people

Project Engineer Intern (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsGreat people to work with.

Fun atmosphere with plenty of flexibility. Company takes care of employees very well.

ConsToo corporate with bosses looking over everything. There is a little in-office drama, but it is not out of the ordinary. Too much intel work.

working here was not good

Framer (Former Employee) Westwood, CA

Prosthey gave me a job

Consthey tried to fire me every day

Advice to Senior Managementtreat people like people

Great Company!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros100% Employee Owned. I learned a lot and everyone was really friendly.

ConsWasn't able to stay long enough for a fair assessment of advancement opportunities.

Overall good group, hard working, want to excel.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros401 matching, ESOP stock, and dividends. Corporate value is to create wealth which is what they do.

Conscan't think of anything negative other than the question of succession for mid-level executives and not knowing who is taking over in the areas left open due to retirements.

Great work place

Project Engineer (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsVery close work community, recently started employee training, 401k, and benefits

ConsBeing in construction, you work very hard

Worked for Performance Contracting? Contribute to the Community!