Performance Contractors

Updated December 10, 2014
Updated December 10, 2014
2.5

Art Favre

The opportunities at Performance can be unending for beginners as well as Journeyman

Current Employee - Pipeforeman in Geismar, LA
    Current Employee - Pipeforeman in Geismar, LA

I have been working at Performance Contractors full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Opportunities for advancement in all phases of business.

Cons

Communicating the availability of programs falls short

More emphasis on team work between trades

If you are not in the Greene County Click,do not bother applying. Discrimination is not dead in Mississippi.............

Former Employee - Rigger in Pascagoula, MS
    Former Employee - Rigger in Pascagoula, MS

I worked at Performance Contractors full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Performance Contractors provides Job security for their regular journeymen and their friends and families.The company has plenty of work on the road. Making money.

Cons

This company hires family, friends, and associates over more experience journeymen. Superintendents will hire people for favors such as fixing their tickets. The company only offers growth for individuals in their click or are associated with green county. Women folk are able to move up using sexual favors. A number of its local supervision have drug issues. When Performance does not have work and you have to work for another company, Performance's supervision want rehire you unless you take a lesser position. For instance, a superintendent or General Foreman having to take aForeman position or working on their tools. Performance will lay you off and transfer a regular hand into your position, so don't get comfortable close to the end of the job. If you get hurt on the job, you can return to work after you are released from your doctor, but they will let you work a week then after that, they will lay you off.

Do Not Start Here

Former Employee - CWI in Sioux City, IA
    Former Employee - CWI in Sioux City, IA

I worked at Performance Contractors full-time (more than a year)

Pros

None, their are none as far as I am concerned.

Cons

I left my job to come to work for them. They have you do a physical when you come to their location here in Iowa. And I did not know that I had high blood pressure. They will not let me go to work until the meds start to work which is 3-4 wks if not longer. So they want me to set here for that long with no money coming in. And all the cost for me to be able to stay here to wait for the meds to work. Ain't gonna happen.

Need to do physicals before people quit their other job and lose everything!!!

Horrible Place To Work

Former Employee - Quality in Beaumont, TX
    Former Employee - Quality in Beaumont, TX

I worked at Performance Contractors as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Pay is good, if they let you ever start your job. Not much good to say.

Cons

4 days to hire in, took 3 weeks to get paid. They hired a ton of people for a job, then laid them off 2 days later.

Replace all management.

Good pay, Good People

Current Employee - Pipefitter in Meridian, MS
    Current Employee - Pipefitter in Meridian, MS

I have been working at Performance Contractors full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good people, Good Pay, as long as you Show up on time and you work

Cons

they are a Little Disorganized when it come to building the plant

Not everything is a 30 minute Job specially if you want it done right

Unorganized Company

I worked at Performance Contractors

Pros

Good hourly pay, some friendly people, relaxed work environment, company vehicles are well taken care of and safety harnesses are in good condition.

Cons

Still haven't received my first check, been over a month, payroll department and job sight are lost in their own world, going to have to file a wage claim with the labor board to get my money, do not work for them.

Wake up and stop sleeping at your desk, and answer the phone when I call you, so tired of leaving voicemails that never get a callback.

best paying, worst company i have ever worked for

Former Employee - Safety Tech in De Kalb, MS
    Former Employee - Safety Tech in De Kalb, MS

I worked at Performance Contractors full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The pay is great, per diem is good too. They have work for the next few years in different locations around the US.

Cons

The company reputation is going down the drain. If you are not related to someone important, dont even bother; very few "outsiders" move up or even last there very long. If you are not from Baton Rouge, LA or any of the surrounding parrishes, hang it up. Cliques and family rule the jobs. Safety is preached to employees, but when it comes down to the bottom line, they will throw safety out of the window every time. Use caution accepting a job with Performance Contractors, turnover is the highest I have ever seen, EVER. When i started the job the employee numbers for the project were in the 13,000's; when i left, ten months later, the numbers had jumped to almost 21,000. The maximum number of employees on the job at any given time is about 2500, so you could say the manpower turned over 3 times in ten months. you have been warned.

Employees are REAL people with REAL families. You cannot actually take the phrase "the beatings will continue until morale improves" literally. You have got to start caring about the little guy, they make your company successful, not just you, sitting in an office.

They pay better than other contractors for firewatch and helpers

Former Employee - Fire Watch in Sulphur, LA
    Former Employee - Fire Watch in Sulphur, LA

I worked at Performance Contractors as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

They pay better than other contract companies for firewatch and helpers. They are also helpful at finding additional work. They are very safety oriented.

Cons

You work a lot of hours and don't get many days off so be prepared for a heavy work load. Also one of my bosses had a strong bias against women in the field.

Don't hate on women.

overall good but have its good and bad points.

I worked at Performance Contractors

Pros

take care of workers while working for them

Cons

don't keep you working if you are not inside the clique

keep your people working no matter what

They preach safety but they are all about production.

Current Employee - Superintendent in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Superintendent in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Performance Contractors full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

On time and material jobs there good to work for.
    The majority of employees that work for them are good people.
    If you are in management their bonuses are fantastic.

Cons

They preach safety but as a company they do not promote a safety culture.
    They are very cliquish company if you're not in the clique you will not be around long.
    As a individual you are only a number they're only interest in you is to make them money. they do not get to know you on a personal basis.
    They do not give you the tools or support you need to complete the job

Pay attention to your employees. You should give your employees some incentive to work towards you should treat your employees as if their part of the family. You need to take a step back and look at your management they are unsuccessful in making you money why do you repeatedly give them jobs