Performance Contractors

Art Favre

Good pay, Good People

Pipefitter (Current Employee) Meridian, MS

ProsGood people, Good Pay, as long as you Show up on time and you work

Consthey are a Little Disorganized when it come to building the plant

Advice to Senior ManagementNot everything is a 30 minute Job specially if you want it done right

Unorganized Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood hourly pay, some friendly people, relaxed work environment, company vehicles are well taken care of and safety harnesses are in good condition.

ConsStill haven't received my first check, been over a month, payroll department and job sight are lost in their own world, going to have to file a wage claim with the labor board to get my money, do not work for them.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up and stop sleeping at your desk, and answer the phone when I call you, so tired of leaving voicemails that never get a callback.

best paying, worst company i have ever worked for

Safety Tech (Former Employee) De Kalb, MS

ProsThe pay is great, per diem is good too. They have work for the next few years in different locations around the US.

ConsThe company reputation is going down the drain. If you are not related to someone important, dont even bother; very few "outsiders" move up or even last there very long. If you are not from Baton Rouge, LA or any of the surrounding parrishes, hang it up. Cliques and family rule the jobs. Safety is preached to employees, but when it comes down to the bottom line, they will throw safety out of the window every time. Use caution accepting a job with Performance Contractors, turnover is the highest I have ever seen, EVER. When i started the job the employee numbers for the project were in the 13,000's; when i left, ten months later, the numbers had jumped to almost 21,000. The maximum number of employees on the job at any given time is about 2500, so you could say the manpower turned over 3 times in ten months. you have been warned.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees are REAL people with REAL families. You cannot actually take the phrase "the beatings will continue until morale improves" literally. You have got to start caring about the little guy, they make your company successful, not just you, sitting in an office.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

They pay better than other contractors for firewatch and helpers

Fire Watch (Former Employee) Sulphur, LA

ProsThey pay better than other contract companies for firewatch and helpers. They are also helpful at finding additional work. They are very safety oriented.

ConsYou work a lot of hours and don't get many days off so be prepared for a heavy work load. Also one of my bosses had a strong bias against women in the field.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't hate on women.

overall good but have its good and bad points.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prostake care of workers while working for them

Consdon't keep you working if you are not inside the clique

Advice to Senior Managementkeep your people working no matter what

They preach safety but they are all about production.

Superintendent (Current Employee) Baton Rouge, LA

ProsOn time and material jobs there good to work for.
    The majority of employees that work for them are good people.
    If you are in management their bonuses are fantastic.

ConsThey preach safety but as a company they do not promote a safety culture.
    They are very cliquish company if you're not in the clique you will not be around long.
    As a individual you are only a number they're only interest in you is to make them money. they do not get to know you on a personal basis.
    They do not give you the tools or support you need to complete the job

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to your employees. You should give your employees some incentive to work towards you should treat your employees as if their part of the family. You need to take a step back and look at your management they are unsuccessful in making you money why do you repeatedly give them jobs

Company that had things going the right way but, have lost their focus

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Baton Rouge, LA

ProsGood experience, good place to learn the industry. They do have a good estimating department and a great sale plan. They are fast moving company

ConsThey use to be a great team that worked together but, are now are a group that has lost the will to work together. Upper mamagement has decided people ar not there best asset anymore.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to your core values of our people are our best asset. They are the ones that brought you this far.

They are a good company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou can make good money if you are willing to work the hours.

ConsSome jobs are difficult to get hired on if you are not related to someone.

Worked for Performance Contractors? Contribute to the Community!