Performance Development Group

Updated Mar 24, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

David Manning

Enjoy being creative before you burn out

(Current Employee) Malvern, PA

ProsAmazing talent, you get to work with great people, the projects are usually very interesting and occasionally cutting edge, 90% telecommuting, fair salaries, diversity of clients

ConsExtremely stressful, unrealistic deadlines and timetables, clients definitely come before employees, you are made to feel very replaceable and not valued--even bad about yourself despite when you're doing well, rigid procedures that don't always make sense, no place for advancement and very little personal development

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to value the staff more and let them feel good about themselves. Everyone at PDG works around the clock and are ridiculously talented but everyone regularly feels beat up. There are small incentives here and there but it can sometimes feel pretty disingenuous. Do whatever you can to keep your best talent -- they are worth keeping!

A good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Malvern, PA

ProsPerformance Development Group or PDG is a good place to work to develop new skills. They are a growing company and as such, I have had opportunities to add new skills in my field where at a larger more static organization there might just be one person doing a specific task. Here there are opportunities to try new things and the support to feel comfortable trying them.

ConsBecause it is growing company, I have been given responsibilities in new areas, this can be challenging at times, but I feel that am expanding my knowledge.

A really fun place to work yourself to death.

Programmer (Former Employee) Malvern, PA

ProsCutting edge technology. Phenomenal creative team. Very cool, media-rich projects. Able to work from home most days. Very flexible hours.

ConsWorking from home means you're ALWAYS at work. Co-workers expect you to be checking and responding to emails all day and all night. Ridiculous deadlines that require tons of overtime with no extra compensation. No respect for work/life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow the programming/creative teams to set deadlines and add plenty of buffer time for unexpected delays.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The work was intense, the schedule was grueling, but ultimately satisfying.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey really have a talented, if overworked, staff who are doing amazing things developing cutting edge tools for learning and development in the modern era.

ConsThe company pushes employees to their limits, and forsakes the employees for the clients. Ultimately, this is a long term recipe for disaster.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement would do well to look for greater diversity in the leadership team, to acknowledge and better handle dissenting viewpoints.

Worked for Performance Development Group? Contribute to the Community!