Performance Fibers

Updated May 15, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jay Caraviello

Worst company I have worked for in my career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMedical benefits were affordable compared to other companies. Corporate offices were new and nice and some very talented people.

ConsCompany owners reporting expectations are the only focus of this business. Management will find a way to hit a number regardless of the method, broken promises, high turnover, the inability to change, negative culture, lack of timely decisions and communication amongst leaders which results in inefficiencies down the line, lack of opportunity/growth, systems that are very complex and difficult to work with. 401(k) match removed, no bonuses, no formal goal setting, measuring process, mid year or end of year reviews to help drive personal performance and the business forward. No raises or a plan to offer them.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove the culture dramatically and you will solve the turnover problem and keep the talent within.

Worst Company I've worked for

ProsCommute is nice, in the middle of nowhere so you don't have to worry about traffic

ConsNo benefits. They cut the 401k matching, took away 2 holidays. No formal reviews, no raises. In November of every year, there's no more spending because we're out of money. Stopped paying bills for vendors

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees fair and you'll get more out of them

Awful environment at PF started at the top

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGlobal travel opportunities -- although, travel budgets were being slashed along the way

ConsCulture was awful -- internal meetings & presentations on a weekly basis prohibit anyone in the company from actually getting anything done

Advice to Senior Managementfocus on pleasing the client (in a profitable way) instead of pleasing each other

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Greediest company that I have ever worked for.From polyester plant to tree cutting and srap metal

Operator (Current Employee)
    Salisbury, NC

ProsGreatest group of workers with lots of knowledge.

ConsNo pay raises in 7+ years ( 10% decrease in pay that we never received back). Very poor morale

Advice to Senior ManagementIts time to pay the workers a lot more respect and spread the wealth. Stop using intimidation from the plant manager to make irresponsible moves cause it looks good on paper. Plant is unsafe with bandages on a lot of the equipment. Nothing is being put back into the plant @ all.

Performance fibers has ruined the Salisbury plant with their zero reinvestment in the plant.

Operator (Current Employee)
    Salisbury, NC

ProsTheir checks haven't bounced... yet.

Conszero reinvestment
    do not value their assests including talented knowledgeable employees

Advice to Senior ManagementSalisbury facility has the ability to make the world's best polyester, but time is limited without reinvesting in the equipment and employees.

Sucks!!!!!!!

Production (Current Employee)
    Shel Darreh (Iran)

ProsNo pros just run away from this company

ConsThe whole job is a con

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport the youth

Mixed Bag

Manager (Current Employee)
    Carolinas (Philippines)

ProsRarely have lay people off

ConsA lot of turnover in corporate means unclear direction for the company

Advice to Senior ManagementHire the right people and address the corporate turnover

Never a dull moment

ProsFlexible working schedules, good pay, open to innovation and improvement, and there are a lot of talented individuals across just about every function.

ConsSystem problems, high turnover, lots of casting blame, and an environment where unrealistic expectations are the norm. There aren't even casual Fridays.

Advice to Senior ManagementSuccess at the bottom line shouldn't be the only measurement factor. Employee retention and happiness are just as important as any other measurement. You say your success is because of the people but you don't act that way.

Worked for Performance Fibers? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Performance Fibers reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Performance Fibers CEO Jay Caraviello. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Performance Fibers employees.