Performance Friction Brakes Reviews

Updated February 19, 2015
15 reviews filtered by
1.8
Don Burgoon

The good ones love it, the lazy ones hate it

Current Employee - Production in Clover, SC
    Current Employee - Production in Clover, SC

I have been working at Performance Friction Brakes

Pros

I learn something new every day. I've gained 10 years of knowledge in 4 years at PFC. The environment is for a certain type of person though. They definitely weed the weak ones out in their first year. Which for the highly motivated and hard working individual, it's great because you get to work with some great people. That's one of PFC's strengths. There is a lot of very knowledgable and very talented individuals in the building. All of which I'm lucky to work with every day.

Cons

Not for everyone. They are a world class manufacturing facility that serves high profile customers in a very competitive industry. Therefore it isn't the most forgiving environment for people who aren't giving 100% each day. You have to show up with your A game every day.

This company will give you PTSD.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Performance Friction Brakes full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I always got paid and I did make some friends while I was there.

Cons

It takes a very special person to work there. Must be thick skinned, low self-esteem helps since you're verbally abused on a daily basis, regardless of who you are or what position you hold. Career advancement and raises are non-existent. Those who stay learn to "play the game", which just means they agree with whatever the owner's rant of the day is...even if it's 180° opposite from what it was yesterday. Don't expect to be able to actually affect change within the company because it's all talk.

Perhaps therapy or counseling might help senior management.

Positive review likely fake... Don't torture youself

Former Employee - Purchasing
    Former Employee - Purchasing

I worked at Performance Friction Brakes full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Every other company you work for will look like heaven

Cons

Management, abusive environment, PTSD takes a while to get over

5. Inside Sales

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Clover, SC
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Clover, SC

I have been working at Performance Friction Brakes full-time (less than a year)

Pros

*USA Manufacturer
    *Top Product in our industry
    *Constant Growth and performance improvements with our products
    *Expectations of Excellence
    *My co-workers
    *The passion to exceed customer expectations
    *Sustainability though economic ups and downs
    *Autonomy
    *Salary
    *The fact that the leader of the company gets his hands dirty everyday with everyone else, probably more! Everyone works :)

Cons

It's not the cleanest or prettiest environment, but it is a manufacturing facility :) It's not that bad

Hire people that have the moxie to succeed!
    Hire people that want to work with some sort of personal integrity and commitment!

If you are looking for a great place - this is NOT it

I have been working at Performance Friction Brakes

Pros

You receive a bi - weekly pay check

Cons

No respect no money no room for growth

Don't waste your time!!!!!!!!!!!

Former Employee - Stupid Move in Clover, SC
    Former Employee - Stupid Move in Clover, SC

I worked at Performance Friction Brakes full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Sorry found no pros there. Don't have to think...........the crazy owner does it all.

Cons

Entire place is micro managed by the crazy owner. Managers can't do a thing until the owner tells them. New people coming and going every week. Don't know how HR can keep up with it.

Give it up.............let the people you hire to do their jobs. You are not always right and losing many good people because you think you are GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roller Coaster

Current Employee - Meteorology Engineer in Clover, SC
    Current Employee - Meteorology Engineer in Clover, SC

I have been working at Performance Friction Brakes full-time (less than a year)

Pros

A lot to learn, co-workers (some)

Cons

No training system, no raises, no morals

Find Jesus!

If the work culture from top down were improved, you would have a superb company with smart, dedicated people.

I have been working at Performance Friction Brakes full-time

Pros

I felt like I used my degree for practical application, was able to appreciate automotive standards and powerful software capabilities, and learned that just simply being nice to each other is one of the most effective ways to facilitate getting stuff done. Camaraderie is at an all-time high when you have an overbearing force to unite against. It is the only thing that keeps you sane, but it also creates a micro-environment in which to cooperate and learn with your fellow employees (whether the top notices/cares/provides encouragement or not). Working here helped me see the potential in humanity that you don't typically notice in workplaces that are more subtly able to hide their negative undercurrents.

Cons

I, along with other fellow employees, suffered burnout quickly due to an immensely (and unnecessarily) stressful environment. There was shouting, regular derogatory remarks based on culture/gender/sexual orientation, an HR department that had no resources to empower it, and an unhealthy rapport between different departments. On multiple occasions I experienced chest pain and panic attacks during work, mostly from having to listen to the yelling around me, but sometimes during hostile meetings in which conversations became personal attacks. Unfortunately, these behaviors were not always isolated to upper management--because it was okay for them to do it, it opened up the floor for anyone to behave this way if they chose. Fortunately, the majority of my colleagues acted with dignity and were not afraid to uphold what they believed was right in the face of this environment.

A lot of your time, effort, and energy (and therefore money) is being wasted on suppressing your employees' talent through intimidation and plain ugliness. Take a step back and let them do what they do best, and show some genuine appreciation for them as human beings, not just through words, but through every action you make. Start small, face your insecurities; you have the power to change, you can do it if you really want.

great experience, very demanding and fast paced

Former Employee - Supervision in Clover, SC
    Former Employee - Supervision in Clover, SC

I worked at Performance Friction Brakes full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

great learning experience and PFC increased multitasking skills

Cons

rollercoaster ride, not knowing what's around the next corner

appreciate experience and dedication

This is the most inhumane,miserable, and frustrating company to work for.

I have been working at Performance Friction Brakes

Pros

The fact that you do receive your paycheck on-time gives this company one star.

Cons

This company expects you to use paid time off when the plant is shutdown over Fourth of July(one week) and Christmas Break ( two weeks) so you actually are forced to take days off without pay. Management is the worst I have ever seen from any employer. I have actually heard stories about the owner making people run laps around the building for no reason at all. Very difficult working environment to deal with in general.

Get a psychological evaluation from a Doctor. The environment you create is a part of your bi-polar behavior and unethical treatment of your employees. You are extremely lucky some people need a paycheck and are willing to put up with your abusive behavior. Most of your employees are dedicated and hard working but are tarnished by your negative outlook and insecurities.