Performance Matters Associates

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Steven M. Stecher

Performance Matters Associates are great folks to works with

ProsProducts are outstanding, company is continually growing, training is in depth. The people at the head office in Dallas are working very hard to grow this company and support the field agents.

ConsMust be ready to put the work in and realize that your performance matters. Sales are a tough job and the opportunity is there, but not handed to you on a silver platter. Do not consider working there if you are looking for easy money.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep building, keep bringing in new talent.

It's been good. It depends though who your district and regional managers are.

Agent (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsFlexibility. Unlimited income if you're good a sales. One of the better supplemental health insurance groups. Products are good.

ConsIt's a constant, daily grind of finding clients, selling the product, putting up with cancellations. No health benefits. Competition is high. Commission only. Dry spells of no income.

Advice to Senior ManagementCould have a more in depth training program. Perhaps a 1 or 2 day orientation for each "region" or a state if it is a small state.

Oh What a Tangled Web We Weaver...

Independent Agent (Current Employee)

ProsGood bonus program (IF you can achieve sells goals). Decent Commission rates. Less leg-work than similar companies. Interesting C.E.O.

ConsRecruiting process is deceptive. You are %100 self-funded in your ambitions. Commissions is paid on an advanced basis and recouped if employment is terminated. Supplies must be paid for on a secondary debit account with a high interest rate. Working EARLY and long hours, many times for no pay (depending on your success at the location.) This job is a great way to get into debt.

Advice to Senior ManagementTell your state managers to explain the hazards and down-sides in the recruiting process instead of making it appear that $60,000 earnings your first year is almost guaranteed.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Biggest mistake of my life

Consumer Salesman (Current Employee) Montana (Bulgaria)

ProsDecent commissions and bonuses if you can get them.

ConsManagement lies to its sale force - told I would have a client database to use as leads, but the clients were contacted a short time prior by "favored employees", Sent out to work depressed areas. The system they use traps sales force workers to continually owing money to the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't let management (State Manager) date their subordinates, and favor them over rest of employees, Insist that state managers give out the bonuses promised.

Good Potential for success.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsWith the right assignments very good potential for success

ConsAssignments are cherry picked. Regional and district managers covet the best for themselves to make there numbers look good for senior management.
    Must be liked by manager too succeed, not a level play field.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't reward managers for not including members of there team in achieving sale goals. Structure the sale organization so that it promotes team effort and play. Managers are just glorified sales people who are rewarded for being selfish.

Worked for Performance Matters Associates? Contribute to the Community!