Performant

Be The First To
Add Photos

Lisa Im

New management, better direction

ProsGrowing company with lots of opportunity, better management joining the company with new ideas, growing healthcare practice, life-work balance, good people, fun culture

ConsLegacy processes and technologies, company is in a turnaround situation that can be painful at times, but is outweighed by the new opportunites

Advice to Senior ManagementStay the course and keep hiring smart people with new ideas

No Carrot, No Stick, No Pride of Work

Production (Former Employee) Livermore, CA

ProsEasy to be hired, difficult to be fired. Low expectation from management to be a productive, contributing member of organization (if that is a "PRO")

ConsCompany offers no raises, no chance of promotion and no title promotions. The result is an organization that offers little incentive to contribute to organization's success. With the absence of a professional "carrot" the worker's that have been there longer than 5 years begin to feel defeated and stop taking pride in their work. This causes a lot of the responsibility for production to fall on newly-hired employees, or worse yet temporary employees. Upper management has ZERO respect for subordinates or tolerance for constructive criticism.

BEWARE: Stay here long-term and you will have nothing to show for professional progress and your time at Performant will look more like a blemish than a highlight.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold the unproductive accountable. Offer incentive for doing quality work.

Take constructive criticism. However since they won't, I doubt they'll even read this far into my review.

Horrible place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFree breakfast for employees on Fridays

ConsCompany treated employees poorly and was engaged in crooked business practices.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit hiring your friends and treat people with respect.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

BEWARE: If you come to IT

ProsEasily gets hired
    Never gets fired

ConsTerrible compensation from salary to perks.
    Top/Middle management does not have a clue about IT or technology.
    Business requirements are not transferred into technical projects due to lack of technical expertise.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to stay in IT, hire technical staff or at least for the decision making positions.

This is NOT the place to come if you want to be valued as a contributor

Systems (Current Employee) Grants Pass, OR

ProsThere is really nothing to keep me here, sadly.

ConsOffers NO experience or access to opportunities that positioned me for my next career move. CLEARLY this was a waste of my time. Individual accomplishments are never recognized or rewarded (if you read the opposite in any of these reviews, it is a bald face lie).

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more competitive financial incentives and awards, treat your staff like you really appreciate them (you wouldn't have your job if it wasn't for their hard work).

Performant values people, innovation and best practices, to create a collaborative culture for growth and development.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Livermore, CA

ProsOffers experience and access to people and opportunities that will position me well for my next career move, particularly in the area of finance in a corporate setting. Great deal of variety in the nature of the work performed. Individual accomplishments are recognized with praise from peers and superiors.

ConsLack of autonomy and independence. Limited opportunities to manage and direct people. Financial reward limited to most senior level staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more competitive financial awards for employees. Allow time to pursue other important aspects of my lifestyle (family, leisure activities, etc.)

Unusual

Recruiter (Former Employee) Lathrop, CA

ProsMost of the employees have really outgoing personalities, which make it a fun place to work, for the most part. It really is a different work environment then any other I've experienced.

ConsManagers play favorites, people are not paid on what they are worth but paid because of who they know or are related to.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat you do for one should be done for all. Get managers who know how to manage and not just there to look good.

Only the good die young - or move on

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Angelo, TX

ProsIt's easy to get hired here

ConsTechnology is 20 years old, at best. IT employees that get hired here seem to stay forever. There doesnt seem to be any ongoing education, so IT doesnt know how to support business operationally or implement projects. The good ones move on to a company with a real IT and development.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a good look at IT department - all levels. They dont understand your businesses.

You'd be treated better somewhere else

PC Support (Former Employee) Livermore, CA

ProsNone. I can't think of anything good about this place. Boss like to use fear tactics to get things done.

ConsEVERYTHING! No benefits.. all talk, no action on anything.. no raises.. all talk, no action for months.. no bonuses.. all talk, no action on anything!

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your people with dignity and pay them for what they are worth, or do it yourself (you'll be the only ones left).

Great Experience

Medical Review Nurse (Current Employee) Home Acres, SC

ProsWorking from home
    Able to follow treatment
    Learn more about Medicare etc

ConsAuditor Supervisors a few are hell- love barking at you, threatening you, negative emails everyday.

Advice to Senior ManagementChoose your auditor management well because they impact your turnover rates and no one wants to keep hiring and training new people. Treat the ones you have well.

Worked for Performant? Contribute to the Community!