Performics

Performics Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Performics CEO Michael Kahn

Michael Kahn

Pros
  • Growth, opportunity to learn is incredible, vacation time amazing, senior management is totally on your side(in 4 reviews)

• Positive, relaxed but productive work environment(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance can be strained on the more demanding client teams(in 4 reviews)

• Also because the career path is so clear, it shows when management gives false promises and does not deliver(in 3 reviews)

Smart hardworking people, young company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThe company has a lot of intelligent hardworking people, there is good opportunity to grow and succeed, great benefits, good vacation time, good work life balance

Constechnical support is limited, can be limiting working in only paid search, direction of company is not clear, company leadership feels immature and young

Advice to Senior Managementcontinue to drive passion in employees, value and increase diversity, improve communication between mid and lower management, learn to engage less extroverted people

Educatational

ProsGreat work culture, great benefits. PTO, Grad School Reimbursement. Recent change in leadership has moved in a more positive direction for company.

ConsLimited ability to grow within. Unexpected lay-offs, Managers say what they think you want to hear rather than what you need to be hearing.

Manager

ProsGreat office space in decent location in Chicago, and also a good place to learn about search marketing if you have limited experience coming in to the company.

ConsRecently fired our CEO and she was a good leader, new management is taking the company in a very negative direction. Our teams are overwhelmed servicing far too many clients with limited resources to maintain margins. The outlook is not bright moving forward.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your people and stay true to your word.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I have enjoyed my experience at Performics, but recent transitions in leadership has changed the culture.

Search Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe people / co-workers are great! I truly enjoy coming to work and working with the people I do.

ConsThe politics and current company transitions

Management not to be trusted

ProsPretty clear career path. Because everybody basically has the same titles, getting salary information is easier than in some smaller companies with only 1-2 people in the same role.
    Plenty of vacation days.

ConsManagement is afraid to simply say "I do not know the answer." Whenever asked questions, they give false dates and promises. (And this is not about company goals that could or could not be met depending on so many outside factors. This is about simple things like "Hey, when will I hear back from you?") This place is an example of Peter Principle. Also because the career path is so clear, it shows when management gives false promises and does not deliver. They do not have to give any promises because they are the ones paying the salary, so it is puzzling why that keeps happening.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop making promises if you cannot meet them. Stop saying you respect employees, when you yourself rarely meet dates and even the length of meeting times, and happily go over the schedule. (all while expecting employees not to do that.)

Performics VP, People & Development responded to this review

Apr 15, 2014

Thank you for your open commentary and feedback which is helpful in our constant evaluation of the agency’s and our management team's evolution. As an company that prides itself on our open culture ... More

Great Company, People, Culture and Environment!

Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe people at Performics are amazing! Tons of bright and talented people that are always willing to mentor and develop others. The Sr. Leadership team is great as well! First time I've worked for a company where leadership isn't about a bunch of egos. That is definitely left at the door. This is a work-hard / play- hard mentality. Our twice a year All-Hands meeting / party with all the offices is Chicago makes me proud to be a part of the Performics Family. Also, not another place can beat the Holiday/Vacation time of Performics/ZO/Publicis Groupe. Management is considerate of a work-life balance with shows with our benefits offered.

ConsNot many cons at Performics. If I had one, it would be for the Leadership team to place more focus on developing middle management. They are great with the client aspect but often lack basic management skills.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your People First mentality and Transparency. We appreciate both those areas. Focus on making sure your transparency is being filtered down to their teams.

Fun culture and environment, also great mentoring program for career development

Prosfun environment, laid back culture, work with exciting accounts

Conspoor management, leadership could be better, the strategic vision is lacking

Strong Leadership. Innovative Ideas. Great Culture.

Associate Account Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat upper management/leadership. You are given the opportunity to grow and learn if you are motivated and passionate about what you do and work hard. Casual work environment, fun co-workers.

ConsBe proactive and make sure to communicate your successes and growth to your direct manager on a regular basis or you may get passed over come promotion time.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't skimp on investment in strong middle management

Ok, if you know the right people

Account Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsKnowing the right people will get you far

ConsNOt knowing the right people will make you miserable

Great Company, Great environment

Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsOpen transparent work environment. Employes appreciated at all levels

ConsPublicis Groupe affiliation is not great

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would help to Get aligned at Groupe level

Worked for Performics? Contribute to the Community!