Perfumania

Updated Apr 4, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Wonderful company, great managers and potential to grow!

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Lewisville, TX

ProsGained knowledge, great atmosphere, customer service was the number one priority, management was the best.

ConsIt's retail so the hours are never the same, and sometimes the customers weren't always the most pleasant.

It kinda paid the bills...

Keyholder (Current Employee)

ProsEasy training and quick to make commission. The teams are a very close knit family and all stores work well together

ConsThere is a huge focus on only selling Travalos, Spa, and Manager Specials. Your performance is mainly based off your ability to sell only those three items. Very little consideration is taken for UPT or ADS. They let it slide for so long and then all of a sudden, they are saying get the numbers up or "action will be taken".

Advice to Senior ManagementChange up what we are supposed to push, understand that 32oz of lotion doesn't need to be sold to every single person that walks in the door. Also, consider what you're doing to store moral when you constantly cut the amount of commission or number of items we get commission on. 50 cents isn't worth lying to a customer to try to get them to buy Snooki Couture instead of Light Blue.

Great Company

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsThey give you a chance to move up. Some Great benefits.. Base pay plus spiff and commission.

ConsEmployee Discount sucks, too many perfumes

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A fun experience

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsLively atmosphere, great staff, loyal customer base and perfume - what's not to love?

Cons2 year salary freeze, complicated promos, medical insurance rates nearly doubled, inattentive upper management,outdated POS system.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your staff when they have issues and follow up from time to time. Ignoring the problem is a sign that you just don't care.

Worked for Perfumania? Contribute to the Community!