Perkins Restaurant and Bakery

Be The First To
Add Photos

Joseph Trungale

Poorly treated

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery part-time for less than a year

ProsThe pay was better than some. That's honestly about it. Nothing else I can say.

ConsPoor treatment. They say they're all about respect, but honestly that is a complete lie.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop poorly treating workers just because they're new.

Job or Career

Associate Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery

ProsGood atmosphere. Easy to keep your job. Relatively easy work. Flexible schedules. Food discounts while working. Not a high pressure environment.

ConsNo real training program. No support for employees wanting to move up in the company. If you already know the job....you are good to go! If you need to be trained...go somewhere else where the employees count and are considered an asset to the company not just a warm body to fill in the scedule gaps.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your people. Provide a training program for those interested in advancement. Insist that your GM's invest time in hourly and management employees looking to advance their careers. Tell your GM's to be interested in helping everyone, not just the pretty young girls. I currently work for another company and God has blessed me with a very good career where I am positively impacting the growth of my new company. With a little effort I would probably have stayed with your company.

Poor Management

I have been working at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery

ProsAbove Min Wage Pay
Ability to make friends

ConsExtremely Poor Management and Lack of Ability to Motivate Workers

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to motivate workers

Great place to work if you enjoy being a jack of all trades

Cook (Current Employee)

I have been working at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery

ProsEasy to get time off when needed. Staff can be friendly and sometimes easy on the eyes if you know what I mean

ConsThey expect cooks to do everything all day and night. They will leave only one person on to close and get angry if you're not done right at close.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave two or more cooks every night. "corporate" managers should have some sort of restaurant experience. It's rediculous that upper management expects the absolute best

Server

Server (Current Employee)
Fridley, MN

I have been working at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery part-time for more than 5 years

ProsPerkins is a great place to work for college students. Tips, short hours, and also usually the available times are nights and weekends, as the morning crew are lifers.

ConsIt is basically a fast food joint with servers. You will be expected to take on many tables at a time, and move fast. It can be very stressful, but once you get the hang of it, you can make a lot in tips.

Okay

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery

Prosfun environment laid back Training is alright there are not many perks no paid breaks but at least free pankckes

Consschedualing sucks get your schedual one or two days before work managment sits on their but and eats while on the clock, there shouldn't be so many managers different policies with different managers makes it complicated to do your job. For instance I was writain up for something that happened while on the shift before mine. (how was i supposed to know tha that had happened)

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter training for managers and oh yeah stop closing stores so not everyone has to share shifts

Not a permanent job, but a decent one.

Server (Former Employee)

I worked at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery part-time for more than a year

ProsTips, server culture, fast-paced energetic environment, when you're done you're done - unlike a corporate desk job - you get to go home and be done.

Conslong hours, pissy customers, unstable income, little respect, loud, physical, hot, tiring, and at my location - not very lucrative.

Good and reasonable company

Associate Manager (Former Employee)
Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood basic company, lacks local ownership. Has downsized in recent years. That type of restraint speaks well of this company.

ConsWas a more formidable company when it had local ownership. They have cleaned out the dead wood in the management department.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep growing carefully and slowly.

Good for a first job, but not something I wanted to stick around for

Server (Current Employee)

I have been working at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery part-time for more than a year

ProsI started out as a hostess at Perkins as my first job. It was rough, as I was not used to the hustle and bustle of busy Sunday mornings, but once I got the hang of it, I learned how to multitask and think on my feet, skills that I first practiced in this job. There is some career advancement depending on your location; I became a server about a year after I first got my hostessing job. I was fortunate that I had some great supervisors who were willing to work around schedules and let me go home if I was waiting on one final table for the night to finally leave.

ConsWorking at Perkins became more frustrating when we changed general managers. Our new GM often did not understand what was going on. And while many servers did have the tendency to call out last-minute, he misdirected his frustration at me one morning when I caught a stomach bug and had to call out of work for the day. Our store was also quite dirty.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to servers and hosts/hostesses who are dissatisfied and give them ways to feel like they're valued.

good

Associate Manager (Current Employee)
Orlando, FL

I have been working at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery full-time for less than a year

Proshours, co managers and room to advance

Consgreedy servers, no choice in hours

Advice to Senior Managementloose the dead weight. and focus on new ideals to keep the position fresh

Worked for Perkins Restaurant and Bakery? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Perkins Restaurant and Bakery CEO Joseph Trungale. All 49 reviews posted anonymously by Perkins Restaurant and Bakery employees.