Perkins Restaurant and Bakery

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. love working for franchise!!!!!!

Pros

Love our general manager he is wonderful. This Perkins is well ran and is very friendly. I love working with all the customers and enjoy all aspects of what i do.

Cons

The only thing i have to complain about is this Perkins doesn't offer medical,dental, and vision. There is also no retirement benefits.

2. I love working here.

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in Cedar Rapids, IA

Pros

Enlightened people oriented company that invests in their employees

Cons

Can't really think of any

Advice to Management

Keep recruiting talent

3. Rewarding and flexible schedule, friendly staff and management. Feels like a family

Former Employee - Waitress in Youngstown, OH
    Former Employee - Waitress in Youngstown, OH

I worked at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent money without much tax deduction. Easy to work around schedule.

Cons

Can easily make more money elsewhere as a waitress. Working with the public can always be challenging, especially when they are hungry on a busy day.

Advice to Management

Strive for better benefits for staffing.

5. Great high school/college job

Current Employee - Server in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Server in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can make just as much money on one Sunday morning here as a minimum wage employee makes in 20 hours elsewhere. It has provided me with the ability to work, go to school, and still have fun. Overall, my coworkers are friendly and welcoming. I've had about a 50/50 experience with store level management. Regular customers can be very friendly. Plenty of opportunity to take on multiple responsibilities (serve, host, bake, cook..) and move up (certified trainer, service lead, management...) if you desire.

Cons

Customers can be crazy, whether they're regulars or one time visitors. Side work can be gross and take a while if it isn't regularly taken care of. Many servers do know what they can get away with skipping and race to get out once they're cut. I'm sure that's standard for any restaurant though. Serving is a physical job that gets very tiring.

Advice to Management

Make sure you check EVERYONE's side work, even the employees that have been there for years.

6. Marie Callanders

Current Employee - Server in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Server in San Jose, CA

Pros

A job is a job, right? Servers can make great money if they can put up with the under-qualified managers.

Cons

Horrible leadership, most the servers at my Marie Calenders are in college yet it is questionable if our management even has high school level education.

Advice to Management

Pay managers more so they are more qualified than their workers.

7. Very good starter job.

Pros

People interactions. Can be very light-hearted and fun work environment. Potential for good money in various positions.

Cons

People interactions. Working with those new to workforce. Some have no understanding of proper etiquette having to do with responsibility to employer.

Advice to Management

Value your employees and find ways to give them what they are worth even if not monetary.

Little Giant Company Struggles

I worked at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible shifts, higher pay, The People, The Food, French Silk Pie, Chicken Tender Melt, Excuse to get out of holidays with relatives...

Cons

The pay, the hours, the people, holiday work, Christmas away from home, recent bankruptcy leaves the management unsteady.

Advice to Management

Let a bigger company with some assets purchase this "Once Great" restaurant company so there can once again be stability in the ranks. No body willing to take any bullets because everyone's job is at risk...

9. Out going people

Current Employee - Server in Duluth, MN
    Current Employee - Server in Duluth, MN

I have been working at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Out going employees great environment

Cons

Some customers get really crabby

Advice to Management

N/A

10. Great starter job

Current Employee - Server in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Server in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

As a server, you make great money and see lots of different kind of people. The staff that you work with varies as turnover in restaurants is typically high.

Cons

Long hours often with random breaks as you take them to match business flow. As with all customer service jobs, occasionally have to deal with people who think you are beneath them.

Advice to Management

Take care of those who take care of your customers. It goes a long way towards keeping good staff.

11. Very busy so i was never bored which is something i preffer. There was always something for me to do

Former Employee - Waitress in Staten Island, NY
    Former Employee - Waitress in Staten Island, NY

I worked at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The tips can be really good at times.

Cons

You have to be very fast paced.

RSS Feed </> Embed