Perma-Fix Environmental

Be The First To
Add Photos

Lou Centofanti

Long term former employee

Project Management (Former Employee)
    Knoxville, TN

ProsThe pro's were that the co-workers worked together as a team to keep the company profitable as well as to try to expand the companies service offerings by acquiring a profitable company (SEC). I liked my co-workers and we had very little turn-over because of the work environment and because the company paid you for your value and gave promotions from within as appropriate and did compensate the employees. Also, we celebrated our successes and had fun at work. I was part of the acquisition and thought it was a good thing until....

ConsThere was a clear lack of involvement from the top level managers (CEO, COO and CFO). If you asked the CEO or CFO any sort of question related to actual contracts we had and the ones we were pursing neither one could have answered in an informed manner. The CEO was NOT engaged in the operation of the company, he started spending a bunch of money on a technology for isotope production that has high risk and no ROI for years (still none) and a better technology and company is beating PESI to the "market" with the isotope technology necessary to fulfill the global needs. The acquired company (SEC) was supposed to expand the company's "tool chest" but then the CEO was distracted with promoting the stock and with isotope production so he ignored the entire company allowing a complete failure of integrating SEC with the PESI waste company.
    When the companies cash had been used up on the istope R&D as well as paying for all of the mismanaged firm fixed price projets which occurred under his managmengt, he was forced to lay-off 70% of the managing staff and employees that actually performed the work necessary to #1 win work and #2 perform work on existing contracts, and #3 pursue new opportunities. He refused to invest in human capital necessary to make the SEC acquisition successful and then From what I understand now, most of the SEC staff have been let go. Since SEC was a service organization, terminating the people that had the technical know-how basically made the acquisition null. They might as well have spent the money on lottery tickets and been better off.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a new board of directors that understands the business and that will not allow further mismanagement of this company. I cannot give advice to management because they are the problem. I left before the company entered into the death spiral that it is in now. It is sad. The people that work there are smart and hard working (or at least the ones I worked with were) Management has to control the CEO and the Board of Directors has to get involved before it is too late. It is a publically traded company, I don't know how it is being tolerated by the shareholders.

Good Company

Project Management (Former Employee)
    Knoxville, TN

ProsStrong Pay and Benefits. Great people to work with in the project fields. Beautiful working conditions. Good company culture.

ConsPoor Management, Stifles Progress. management is removed and centralized in Atlanta and rarely makes appearances at supporting facilities. company has suffered a recent downturn in work load.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to subordinates and become more involved in supporting facility operations. Build on project based operations and B&D.

Best Temp experience ever.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Valdosta, GA

ProsYou are given all the help you need to succeed in your role.

ConsThere is little possibility or freedom to move up to full time.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

M&EC

Operations Specialist (Current Employee)
    Hanford, WA

ProsSmall Company... Everyone knows each other.

ConsTo small and most people know to much about you!

Perma-fix Environmental

Business Development (Former Employee)
    Knoxville, TN

ProsGreat company with great people. Exceptional technical expertise and challenging work environment. Very competitive and results-driven.

ConsThe nature of the industry is very technical and competitive between a select number of service-providers for a limited number of project opportunities.

Worked for Perma-Fix Environmental? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Perma-Fix Environmental reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Perma-Fix Environmental CEO Lou Centofanti. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Perma-Fix Environmental employees.