Pernix Therapeutics

Add Photos

Pernix Therapeutics President, CEO, and Director Cooper C. Collins

Cooper C. Collins

Not your regular Pharmaceutical Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Pernix Therapeutics

ProsIf you need an income right away and you don't mind to sample with paper forms, then this is the place for you. $500 a month for car allowance.

ConsThey go after the unemployed. Salary is $30,000, you have to use your own car and drive an average of 300 to 400 miles a week since the territory is huge. Commission structure is awful. Don't expect to make more than $300 a month if you are lucky and worked a lot every day.
They will ship to you a lot of samples that don't even sell in your territory, so you become their storage. You will get a last minute shipment of medications about to expire and they want you to sample them ASAP.
The drugs you will carry around are last in the chain of possible treatments and on a third tier.
I wouldn't suggest to make any comments if they are not align with what they want to hear.
Just say "yes" and "ok".

Advice to Senior ManagementI will definitely suggest to train the new Managers. It is not enough to have the desire for the position when there is no experience.
I will also suggest to work into adding some drugs that will actually open prescriber's eyes.
Make sure you ship only drugs that sell in the territory since there is more expense added and time consumed when the representative has to re-ship to other areas.

Awful company to work for with the worst pay in the pharma industry

Sales Professional (Former Employee)

I worked at Pernix Therapeutics full-time for more than a year

ProsThere is only 1- Work very hard and use Pernix Therapeutics to get pharma experience and leave for a far better company, benefits and compensation after 1 year or 2 years max. Every company I have interviewed since has been 2 to 5 times the base salary and potential income.

ConsCheap company that burns and turns employees every year just in time for the holiday

Advice to Senior ManagementHi Management you are awful. Only about the bottom line and the company constantly changes products every few months before they either become generic or fail.

Worked for Pernix Therapeutics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pernix Therapeutics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pernix Therapeutics CEO Cooper C. Collins. All reviews posted anonymously by Pernix Therapeutics employees.