Pernod Ricard USA

www.pernod-ricard-usa.com

Pernod Ricard USA Reviews

Updated Jul 11, 2014

Bryan Fry

Overall, been a great experience.

Legal Intern (Current Employee) Purchase, NY

ProsReasonable hours, comfortable work environment which help employee morale. Upper level managemnet is very approachable and answers questions frequently.

ConsIT problems are not dealt with as promptly as they should. Oversight is not particularly ideal for a new employee, however, it fosters an ability to work independently and seek the right answers to problems.

Great employer, but be cautious if you're a leader.

Employee (Current Employee)

Pros-great perks like company functions, product allotments, clothing allowances, the list goes on
    -superb salary and benefits
    -very neat product field with excellent profit margins
    -"big fish" company willing to invest capital in training and improving facilities
    -global presence means a great chance to develop relationships across national boundaries
    -many long-tenured employees that are very loyal and have helped make the company grow

Cons-dearth of any bourbons in the product catalogue is worrisome given current consumer trends
    -concerned about using Absolut as a business cornerstone given the craft vodka explosion
    -LOTS of bureaucracy at times regarding decisions, efforts being made to improve but there's a lot of "dead wood" among support functions that can bog down decisions and innovation
    -seems to be something of a "Euro" bias in terms of personnel who are viewed as getting on the fast-track
    -shockingly well-privelaged hourly workforce that seems utterly convinced that upper management is "out to get them", many seem to believe that advanced age or poor training is the reason they get left behind rather than poor performance or poor attitude, can be hard to keep your leaders motivated in the face of a few bad apples
    -relatively small manufacturing footprint in the U.S.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep making the hard decisions to advance the company as a business! Continue to treat the hourly workforce with the same care that has given us such a loyal and long-tenured group, even if they don't always realize it. Develop young talent and recognize that the company as a whole can't win without PRUSA being the keystone. The best road won't be the easiest.

Started out great but turned bad over the years.

ProsGood brands; good benefits. Happy hours in the office and occasional company parties. Company closes during the week of Christmas.

ConsToo many restructures. No sense of loyalty for the people who helped build the company over the years. As the company has grown, its become terribly political and bureaucratic. It's more about who you know now rather than how good you are at your job. Very sad to see the culture and employee morale decline.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have no advice. They get paid enough to be able to figure it out on their own.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If you had a choice between here and elsewhere....go elsewhere!

Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsTime off between Christmas and New Years
    Product allotment is good

ConsConstant reorganization.
    Elitist culture
    French win big and all others lose
    Diversity initiatives are bogus

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your head out of the clouds and engage people in the organization
    Act local--the USA is not France, it is a multiplicity of cultures and people
    Reduce the bureacracy and get rid of all of the layers in HR.
    Why bother having so many HR people when they do not do anything?

Most Satisfying Job I've Ever Had

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsFun and energetic, has become more relaxed over the years in terms of culture. Good compensation, great perks like product allowance, bar nights and the week between Christmas and New Years off. There are lots of wonderful people that work here.

ConsPoor work-life balance, too much expectation towards continuing to work even after you've left the office. Limited flexibility in regards to working from home. Diversity is really only found at the mid to lower levels.

Advice to Senior ManagementExtend the diversity initiatives into senior management.

Very unhappy for a long time

Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits and perks...that's about it.

ConsWork/life balance is non-existent. You're not rewarded based on your performance. Their performance review process is the most ridiculous thing I've ever experienced! Management seems to only care about their image as opposed to the well-being of the employees. The morale is very low, but Management does not seem to care about that. I would actually recommend this company to my worst enemy...just to make him/her suffer!

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house. Take a look at Management in the HR Dept...it's a joke...and that's pretty sad.

Great company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsWork-Life Balance and Great Culture

ConsLimited entry-level positions & opportunities for junior employees.
    Similarily to other French companies, there is strong favoritism towards French employees.

Poor Top Management (PRATR)

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsFun industry, top global brands and a modern office in the center of the city with good restaurants around. Global team is very professional and great to work with.

ConsWork-Life balance is inexistent, CEO leads by example. Employees last an average of one year an a half until they can find a better company, rotation has been incredible in last two years (50% of the company left) since new management.
    A little or none empowerment to employees in taking any decision, really, any decision.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange Human Resources style of management instead of changing the whole company.

not good

Prosfun events and free/discounted product

Consvery political, no training, no work-life balance

Great Company to Work For!!

ProsThe company has a culture of conviviality among the employees. It sets us apart. Employees work hard and play hard. Really fun atmosphere.

ConsThe two office headquarters split can be difficult for communication.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are building a stronger team every day, keep moving forward.

Worked for Pernod Ricard USA? Contribute to the Community!