Pernod Ricard USA

Updated October 28, 2014
2.6

Bryan Fry

Has decreased over time.

I have been working at Pernod Ricard USA full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Week off between Christmas/New Years. Benefits are very good. Culture of conviviality sets us apart.

Cons

Work life balance is poor. NYC office split from Purchase has created morale issues. Too much focus on NYC.

Spend more time in Purchase. Execs should speak to the employees and listen.

Stop always saying we are looking for the best talent. Makes those that are here feel like they are not good enough.

I've been working for PRUSA for around 6 years and not once have thought about working anywhere else.

I have been working at Pernod Ricard USA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Its really cool to get a chance to work with truly iconic, world class brands! I've also had the chance to travel oversees for work, which is something that i've always wanted to do, and this company has made it a priority to do that every couple of years.

Cons

I believe if you want to make a job, a career, you have to work hard.. this is expected at Pernod Ricard, and I actually prefer it that way.

Keep the focus on the brands that got us here.. Innovate new to the world ideas, or focus on brands that have a history we can be proud of, like so many of our current brands do, but haven't gotten the attention they deserve.

Nice Company to work for!

Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Pernod Ricard USA full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good Work Life Balance, Friendly Culture,Very Strong Brands. Presence in 70+ countries. Co Leader in the Wine & Spirits Business

Cons

Poor Career Development initiatives, biased towards French employees. Not a very strong HR function.

Most of the function work in Silos causing confusion

Initiatives for Career Development! Need to Fill some void in the product portfolio

Too many egos, low morale, no training

Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Pernod Ricard USA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Industry can be fun; there are happy hours at the NY offices every 2 weeks , employees get invited to brand and industry events.

Cons

Too many egos and not enough leadership. Many managers think they are leaders before they can show any results or impact in the company. Brand teams don't like to collaborate with each other.
    Sales and Marketing teams don't see eye to eye due to lack of collaboration and creates disagreements and disrespect. Executives are very focused at the company and industry performance and look into short term solutions but takes them a long time to execute them. Company does not like to take risks and it takes them forever to innovate.

The company is not really focused on career growth for its employees. There is no regular training for employees.

Invest in HR initiatives such as mentoring programs, leadership development trainings, rotational programs.
    Show that you actually care about the communities you serve.
    Hire a Head of Diversity who can run the diversity issues across the company and can show impact every year.

Pernod Ricard is a great company to work for.

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Pernod Ricard USA full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The brands and people at Pernod Ricard are second to none. The teamwork and bonds developed are fantastic and will last a lifetime. The pay, benefits, and perks are equal or better than beverage alcohol companies.

Cons

The company is heavily driven by results on a monthly and quarterly view. There is no patience and no long term vision to grow brands. This mentality creates many fire drills, duplication of efforts, and necessary work. The pace and pressure to work non stop is different from other beverage alcohol companies.

Slow down and look at the big picture and the future of the company in the United States. Stop the fire drills and knee jerk reactions. Take care of the people that are driving the business. Heavily invest in the brands and drive consumer awareness.

Get away from this Company... What a Disaster

Current Employee - Manager in Purchase, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in Purchase, NY

I have been working at Pernod Ricard USA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great products
    Good vacation. This is a great industry and very exciting. The company invites you to brand events which can be really fun. There are many great people that do some amazing things.

Cons

Where to start? Horrible, horrible management. Favoritism abounds. If you have a French accent you get better treated. Everyone is unhappy. The Execs say one thing and do another. The rules are different for them... Treating people bad by supervisors is not dealt with. And if they see you as a star you can get away with treating others horribly. And the reports and other obligations of sales means you can never complete the paperwork and actually get out there and sell the product.

I cannot warn you enough. And don't think HR will help. They are so incompetent.. The company actually did not pay 1/2 the workforce one week because they did not know what they are doing....

You need a mirror. Look at yourself as an example not just a talking head. People appreciate leaders who lead.

Challenging

I worked at Pernod Ricard USA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good brands and nice perks

Cons

burn out, under appreciation, lack of upward mobility

value your people!

I Had a Dream...........that I found a new job........

I have been working at Pernod Ricard USA full-time

Pros

company closes between xmas and new years, good brands, product allowance, summer fridays

Cons

management is driving company into ground

This place has seriously tanked since new management came on board. Executives cannot seem to figure out what they are doing wrong. My advice...look at Glassdoor and read some of the reviews.

Morale drops lower and lower every day. There is no clear vision, strategy, or logical decision making by management. Instead, they are too focused on how "wonderful" they think they are (which is truly in the eye of the beholder) and keep patting themselves on the back for a job (not) well done. They keep saying they want to make this a great company, yet they can't seem to figure out how to do that. Seriously....they cannot figure it out. Well duh folks, to be considered a great company by "your people", you first need to have happy employees. Maybe start there. In the meantime, people are quitting daily and when they quit, other employees are high five congratulating them.

This place is one of the worst places that I have ever worked.

I have been working at Pernod Ricard USA

Pros

Thursday Happy Hours
    Summer Fridays
    Shut down week between Christmas and New Years

Cons

Everything else.

PRUSA does NOT value human capital. The employees are overworked, working outside of their job description and are NEVER appreciated. The Executive team turns a blind eye to the low moral and doesn't care to hear about any truths about the current work environment.

HR is a joke. It's adorably known as Inhuman Resources. As an employee, you are on your own. There is NO ONE in your corner. No one is ever promoted and if they are, it's almost like the person is dragged across coals before moving into the next position.

This is not a good place to work. Diageo is probably better at this point.

Wake up. You're people are close to a mass exodus. People are quitting their jobs at PRUSA with no job lined up. That speaks volume. Either the CEO has blinders on, or he doesn't give a crap. The HR department doesn't care about the employees. I'm really not sure what they do.

Overall, been a great experience.

Current Employee - Legal Intern in Purchase, NY
    Current Employee - Legal Intern in Purchase, NY

I have been working at Pernod Ricard USA as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Reasonable hours, comfortable work environment which help employee morale. Upper level managemnet is very approachable and answers questions frequently.

Cons

IT problems are not dealt with as promptly as they should. Oversight is not particularly ideal for a new employee, however, it fosters an ability to work independently and seek the right answers to problems.