Pernod Ricard USA Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.4
Bryan Fry

Pros
  • Shut down week between Christmas and New Years (in 6 reviews)

• Happy hours in the office and occasional company parties (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is non-existent (in 7 reviews)

• Disconnect of senior management (in 3 reviews)

1. Prestige Lifestyle Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Pernod Ricard USA (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company culture, good career development opportunities. Solid, stable, growing business.

Cons

It's understaffed so employees are often stretched thin either in workload or focus areas. Roles and organizational structure is constantly changing, which is meant to be a good thing, but the pace of change takes a toll on efficiency and job satisfaction.

2. Horrible Place! The most centralized decentralized bureacratic nightmare of a place

Current Employee - Brand Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Brand Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Pernod Ricard USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice company bar Week between Christmas and New Year is off for everyone

Cons

Terrible HR department / Recruiting is a mess Sr. Management has no clue about what they are doing and make poor decisions Work late or leave the company and don't let the door hit you on the way out Highly schizophrenic culture where the voices in head of Sr. Management creates the new reorg Never worked in a place where there are two reorgs per year People are unhappy despite all of the smoke in mirrors drunk fest in Las Vegas

Advice to Management

Paris needs to take a deep look into the massive mess created by the current administration and evolve the Sr. Management team. You need someone who lives local and is local who "gets it." when it comes to running an organization. In order for the company to succeed, you need happy productive employees. Day by day morale is falling like a sharp knife heading to the ground. Appropriate phrase since that is the same knife that people stab each other in the back with and get rewarded.

3. Supplier

Pros

Adequate salary and benefits program

Cons

No clear upward mobility, nepotism

Advice to Management

Basic Sales & Business 101, Coaching, Follow up

5. Manager

Pros

Salary/Car Allow/Product Samples. Pretty nice budget to make it happen on the streets. Great camaraderie among my peers.

Cons

work life balance sucks. There is zero oversight of region from the division offices. The RM's act in complete autonomy and hire and fire at will.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach and hold all levels in management accountable. A lot of talent walks out the door each and I don't anyone really cares here from upper management.

6. Not what I expected

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Little Elm, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Little Elm, TX

I have been working at Pernod Ricard USA (Less than a year)

Pros

good brands, good pay, deceit benefits

Cons

poor on boarding, no training, no live balance

Advice to Management

ensure your senior managers have people skills

7. Pretty cool gig

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Purchase, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Purchase, NY

I have been working at Pernod Ricard USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Great products, employee friendly values, lot of perks, good benefit plan, pays well

Cons

Poor career planning, apparent bias towards French employees

Advice to Management

Succession planning, please!

8. great company, not for everyone

I have been working at Pernod Ricard USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

incredible portfolio global presence travel and experiences entrepreneurial culture diverse workforce great perks new global CEO is a game changer

Cons

life/work balance intense pace constant addition of initiatives and "change management" has become a distraction very competitive as you move up the ladder (little turnover of senior positions) becoming more bureaucratic

Advice to Management

slow down on the constant corporate initiatives, extra projects and structural re-do's. Very difficult and time consuming, taking focus away from core mission.

Was a Great Place to Work but not so much of late

I have been working at Pernod Ricard USA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Amazing products; Dynamic industry; Have some truly dedicated and caring people who have a passion to do more than what is expected. We could be a bigger player. Hopefully with a new Chairman on board, the course will be corrected, but numerous changes in leadership and expectations of them need to happen. We have a great culture.

Cons

Leadership took a big step backwards with the latest change of executives. We don't refresh our brands and don't practice anywhere near what we preach. We disregard people despite what we preach. We restructure often and hire outside parties to constantly evaluate and recommend what we should do ss, which we usually either disregard, are very slow to take action on, or hire more consultants. We ride our brand names but really don't know how to refresh them. Opportunities are based on who you know not what you know or how well you apply it. Poor diversity at the leadership levels despite what they preach in leadership ranks. Work Life Balance. It is not in balance if you spend more time working in your off days as much as you do when you are "working." We don't live our values as much as we write very large documents to show we have them. Very poor HR execution and ownership.

Advice to Management

Get leadership who really understands a US market; Stop changing leadership as much as you do; rely and embrace your strong resources you pay well to create vision, drive change, and utilize good people. You are losing that edge rapidly. Happy Hours and special events seem more like an opportunity to buy loyalty or defray from the lack of ownership and management. It's so very unfortunate to see how low morale is again. I really used to love working here every day.

Many problems

Pros

Fun industry. Co-workers were very friendly in spite of environment.

Cons

The company became a real mess in my time there. Major disconnect between brand teams and the field. Poor innovation products with oversized sales quotas. Management lacks professionalism compared to other companies in the industry. Brown nosing will help you advance in spite of performance. Largest brand is poorly managed and in decline.

Advice to Management

Good old boy network reputation around the industry is well deserved and need addressed. Company will be stuck in neutral until that changes.

Sr. Manager

Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Pernod Ricard USA full-time

Pros

Great portfolio Some very lovely people

Cons

Bad Management Horrible Work/Life Balance Finger pointing/Office Politics No regard for employees No rewards for achievement

Advice to Management

Need to change the whole management team and find people that care. No more talk about how anything new is better - reward for the people that made your company great. And put in place people that know their jobs, especially at Exec level.

RSS Feed </> Embed