Perot Systems

www.perotsystems.com

Perot Systems Reviews

Updated Jul 14, 2014

Michael S. Dell

Pros
  • Work Life balance in some projects;(in 10 reviews)

• Based on the project you are given work from home(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • dell legacy and dell services are differentiated by the senior management(in 6 reviews)

• With the great pay came long hours, and the work would sometimes be stressful(in 5 reviews)

Worst experience of my professional career

Project Manager (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsThe campus is nice and conveniently located
    My co-workers were friendly and competent but they were usually overworked and exhausted

ConsEncouraged to be dishonest with customer
    Far too much work, too many hours, too much travel for one person to do
    Not enough support from management and other departments to do a job we were contractually obligated to complete

Advice to Senior ManagementThe financial success of the company was based on a name and was probably a lot of dumb luck. I hope the Dell purchase improves conditions for some really good people.

Don't do it!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsHealth benefits are competitive; work-life balance is good

ConsBeen here 3 years and no one in the department has received a raise

A fantastic company to work for!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsA compancy that understands that its people are centric to its success!! Wow, in this day and age, that is awesome.

ConsLike most companies (I think), once you're in the dorr, the compensation/rewards become static and changes very little. However, the culture, environment and people compensate.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It had its financial ups and downs.

Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) Canton, MA

ProsGood people and working with todays technology.

ConsThey needed more cash flow

Advice to Senior ManagementThey did it and are nows part of Dell

The company has poor communication and finger pointing seems to be more relevant than problem solving.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe company offers good opportunities for growth.

ConsThere are better opportunites in the Plano, TX headquarters.

Sr Design Specialist

Senior Design Specialist (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsWork life balance is great. We have a world class gym on site. The opportunities for various projects which helps one gain experience is great.

ConsThe salary raises is not that constant and great. Perot pays lower than most of its competitors. Their benefits are great though.

Advice to Senior ManagementBenchmark yourself with other competitors so you can retain great talent. There is so much competiotion out there for outstanding individuals.

It was a great place

Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee) Boise, ID

ProsI worked as a desktop support for Perot to a local company. I believe my wages were fair and my boss was great.

ConsI felt that there was zero chance of COL raises or even raises due to performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementCOL raises are always nice. You can't keep paying people the same amount even after working there for a while and providing excellent work. That just makes people leave.

Dell Acquisition Changes things

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Round Rock, TX

ProsThe work life balance was pretty good. A lot of projects are mindful of expenses and thus have the flexibiliy to work at home or take 1 week on client site and 1 week off client site.

ConsThey sell a lot of project at a lower price and make up the different through expense savings. This makes it harder for the consultants on the projects.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your staff and not just the director-level. You need to have respect for all levels and help advance careers other than just staffing as if we are all temps.

Know what your getting into

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsIt is an interesting place to work a lot of interseting projects and to work on. My coworkers are generally very nice people and easy to deal with directly. They have a mission oriented attitude and plan and are driven to succed.

ConsWhile my coworkers are nice on a personal level, the internal management polices and practices make it a very difficult place to work. They treat everyone like a temp employee. Your job hangs on the whims of the clients. If a client doesn't like you for any reason your gone. This is spun as having a no bench policy, that enables them to be a lean efficent company. The reality is that is a policy that only benifits the corperate bottom line and is used a tool for controling employees by reminding them that they will be gone tomorrow if the don't tow the line and produce. So, if you comfortable in a very political enviroment where there is not a lot of security it is a nice place to work. I would not recommend it for most people.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating people as office supplies. They can't be replaced as easily as a printer cartridge.

concerned for Perot employee's

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Lincoln, NE

Prosco-workers and the facility are a plus.

ConsSupervisor with Anger Management issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a close look at the choices being made as to who will be let go and maybe take a close look at the people making those choices. Are they just A.. kissers or are they in fact productive and not just full of hot air....

Worked for Perot Systems? Contribute to the Community!