Perot Systems Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.9
Michael S. Dell

1. You can thank yourself for training the competition.

Former Employee - IT in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - IT in Richmond, VA

I worked at Perot Systems

Pros

It's better than being unemployed but next time, I would work for McDonalds. They have nice chairs. You are being trained to work for the competition!

Cons

When management asks for your opinion? Lie! They don't want the truth and will fire you if you say it. Overall the groups is very shallow and insincere. Quite artificial personalities. The benefits absolutely suck. 3% on a 401K? 3%?! Don't make me laugh! Outrageous costs on health benefits! God help you if you can do your job! All you do then is make everyone around pissed off because they typically can't! I have never worked with a group of people before that will sit there and complain because you are doing all of these tasks but when they are given the option of doing them, they complain because they have too much work already.

Advice to Management

Idiots! I work for the competition now suckers! T

Great place to learn, lousy place to work

Former Employee - Senior Specialist in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Specialist in Plano, TX

I worked at Perot Systems

Pros

Great place to learn and develop your skills - mainly because you'll have to figure out a way to get things done without any budget, time or resources. Perot Systems has a lot of earnest people who really want to get the job done, so you'll meet some really nice people. The only problem is that after a while of working people excessive hours the environment becomes acidic and poisonous. Some people figure a way to survive and do very little work, while others end up carrying the burden and burn themselves out. There are a lot of opportunities within Perot Systems, but no raises come with those opportunities. They have a habit of promoting people to higher responsbility and more work, but do not provide the money with the new job.

Cons

No raises once you get there. Management works you until you drop and wonders why you are burned out. The career opportunities available come at a cost - i.e. no raise for you, but extra hours and less time with your family. The compensation is basically locked in at whatever you came in at with a very modest 1 - 2% cost of living raise and $200 bonus. The only feedback you get from management is the frequent discussions as to how you're not getting your #1 priority done. Unfortunately, those priorities change on a very short notice. So you're always working in a frantic mode trying to figure out what to do next in order to keep your boss from yelling at you.

Advice to Management

Learn to lead people. Actually follow the example set by Ross Perot. The company needs to live up to its ethical statement of supporting and valuing the employees - they definitely do not do that. Putting people into management positions without increasing the pay or changing the job title is a very bad practice and in my opinion highly unethical. It's stealing from the employee.

Move on

Current Employee - Security Analyst in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Security Analyst in Plano, TX

I have been working at Perot Systems

Pros

When I first joined perot eight years ago. I was paid well. The drawpoint for me was their emphasis of family. I can work in peace and if some emergency arise with my family, i can go and take care of them and not worry. They also reimburses your tuition payment. Their criteria was not hard to get a 100% tuition reimbursed. The management was also very pleasant and great to work with. Classes were given to further your career. Reimbursement were given also after you passed your certifications. Location was also a drawpoint for me since I only have to drive 5 miles.

Cons

Little or no raise at all. 1 to 2 %. Bonus- what's that. They are good in brainwashing people to work a lot of hours and no pay. Then when it comes to your yearly review, they forget all the hard work you did and only bring out the ones you did wrong ( eventhough most of them are not your fault). Some of the higher management may have been car salesman in the past cause they will lie to your face. They will also like to tell you its in the SLA. Ask them to show you the agreement and they won't.

Advice to Management

How bout u switch position with some of your peons and see how you like it.

No pay equity here!

Former Employee - Network Support Analyst in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Network Support Analyst in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Perot Systems

Pros

Many newcomers to Perot are ex military. If you have no education, white, male and come straight out of the military, Perot is the place for you! If you don't fit into that mold, especially white and male, RUN...don't look back.

Cons

Poor communication from Plano head office to account in Sacramento.

Advice to Management

Senior management...try to think of the employees that you manage. Once in a while put your own career path on the back burner if only for just a moment to consider the little people who keep Perot going.

Seriously out of the loop.

Former Employee - Systems Integration Senior Specialist in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Systems Integration Senior Specialist in Plano, TX

I worked at Perot Systems

Pros

to get some experience and then move on.

Cons

Career mobility is next to non-existant. Unless you know someone or are in tight with a manager career mobility is a joke. Salary was at the low end of the scale even though I received good/great reviews. Bonuses and raises were non-existant.

Advice to Management

Wake up! You're letting some great talent slip away.

Waste of 5 Years.

Current Employee - New Business in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - New Business in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Perot Systems

Pros

Good Benefits. Great Training. Met some great friends at this company. I don't know if I can describe the "Pros" in 20 words.

Cons

Where do I begin? Hard working employees that have been with the company for years constantly being demoted. Jobs constantly being sent to India. Your supervisors have no idea who you are and you always have to explain what you do. I would think that if you are the supervisor they would know a little about your job. But I think the big kick in the...was at Christmas time. Every year we would get a Christmas Bonus. It wasn't much. But It was always nice. Made you feel appreciated. The last Christmas I was with the company we got $0. Which would be ok. But when you find out that every supervisor (even supervisors that were only with the company a few weeks) got a $5,000 Christmas bonus...what a slap in the face. And if you ever have to use your STD...beware. They really treat you horrible. They could really care less.

Advice to Management

Get a clue. Stop sending our jobs out of the Country. Appreciate ALL your employees. But thank you. Because of your horrible treatment..i decided to be a stay at home mom. Best decision ever made.

8. Terrible account management that constantly changed goals and directions.

Current Employee - Architect in Flagstaff, AZ
    Current Employee - Architect in Flagstaff, AZ

I have been working at Perot Systems

Pros

Paycheck did not bounce which is about the only positive thing that I could say about this company. salary OK if you negotiate up front and get in writing!

Cons

Very frustrating place to work. High stress. Account managers lacked consistency and took different directions with each passing manager. No real dedication to the customer they supported. Pushed cost and corner cutting solutions as they lacked realistic timeframe and project management skills and/or needed to save face. Pushed band aids instead of realistic problem solving implementations and long term solutions. Purchased at the customers expense, expertise from headquarters typically of little help and usually caused setbacks to projects. Too many management changes in the midst of projects. Favoritism by managers. Fabricated excuses for termination or separation. Goals imposed on customers to generate more revenue from customer instead of reducing customer costs. Price gouging customer for re-sale services. Doctored reporting to customers. Bottom line is when management is so blatently irresponsible, employees loose faith in their employer and loose face with their customer. Morale falls and quality gravely suffers all because of senior management's failure to train account managers on the importance of consistency rather than personal agendas and goals. That's not how to treat a customer.

Advice to Management

Service the customer FIRST!.... Stop promoting brown nosing over achieving managers whose only goal is to impress their boss. Stick to clear concise business goals for your customers and stop trying to figure out ways to nickel and dime them any which way you can and allow the your team... your associates!... to complete a successful, concise, done right the first time bang up job. Your associates will be pleased with the accomplishment and the customer will be Pleased with the service and you'll make more money than you can dream of. You sure are not doing it now.

Want to Lose your job to someone in India and not receive adequate pay? If yes, Dell Perot Systems is right for you!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Perot Systems

Pros

The relationships I made with my peers.

Cons

A great raise is 3%, however in 2009 no raises were given. 85% of all work will be sent offshore to India, the Phillipines and soon to be China. Having to train your offshore replacement and then be seperated from the company. No communication from Senior Management.

Advice to Management

Respect and listen to your associates. You will only be as successful as they make you!

Poor Compensation, Bogus Performance Reviews, Worthless Values Card

Current Employee - Systems Integration Senior Specialist in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Systems Integration Senior Specialist in Plano, TX

I have been working at Perot Systems

Pros

- Great team members - Genuinely good people and talented associates - Fitness center on site - Buddy up with senior management to progress

Cons

- Like many others that have commented in reviews, compensation is on the low side - Pay scale structure is complex and designed to justify keeping you at a lower salary - Performance reviews are a joke and bogus! Managers are given "quotas" of employees they need to "fit" in the respective performance categories. - Promotions with a pay raise are non-existent. You are given more and additional responsibilities but no corresponding pay raise. - Don't ever get close to the bench.

Advice to Management

Reward people for their performance and honestly and objectively evaluate and categorize your associates. If you claim to attain to the "most respected IT organization in the industry" you can only get there with a majority of talented, distinguished, and exceptional team members. I'm talking front line folks too, and not just top heavy management. Make your performance rating curves reflect this reality. The majority of your employess are "distinguished and exceptional", not just successful or partially successful. This attitude toward your performance ratings is making your best people leave or actively looking to leave at the first available opportunity and you will likely be at the point where your bell curves will eventually reflect the reality you are currently portraying!

If you like bad management at it's finest, want no bonuses, pay increases, lack of values then this is the place to work

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Perot Systems

Pros

the client and some of my co-workers.

Cons

low pay, no bonuses, incompetent management, lack of education and training but an expected to implement anyway, lack of support from management, unrealistic SLAs, being asked to work overtime off the clock without pay, being paged every 15 minutes for a bogus alert and still expected to respond, unethical company, asked to lie, lack of trust between management and employees, people being terminated with no cause, high turnover rate, employees not being able to discuss issues for fear of being terminated. They give you a values card........don't believe one word of it.

Advice to Management

go back to working at Burger King or whever it was you were working before. Technology is not the same industry and should not be managed the same. The clients hate you, the employees hate you. Does that give you a clue?

RSS Feed </> Embed