Perot Systems

www.perotsystems.com

Perot Systems Reviews

Updated Jul 14, 2014

Michael S. Dell

Pros
  • Work Life balance in some projects;(in 10 reviews)

• Based on the project you are given work from home(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • dell legacy and dell services are differentiated by the senior management(in 6 reviews)

• With the great pay came long hours, and the work would sometimes be stressful(in 5 reviews)

I went from a high school drop out to a college graduate at Perot, the company truly changed my life.

Facilities Security Officer (Former Employee) Fairfax, VA

ProsPerot was more than an office job, it was a culture. People who worked for Perot were on the forefront of the industry, they were bright and driven. But most of all they were very kind. I can't tell you the number of associates that helped me develop not only in my field, but as a person. There was no opportunity that wasn't offered. It was the first place I'd ever worked outside of the military that judged me for my future potential rather than past mistakes.

ConsI honestly can't think of a con when it comes to Perot. I'd be making one up if I listed anything here.

Advice to Senior ManagementInclude people. Never treat anyone like a number. When you show someone that their input matters, they're more likely to treat your company as more than just a job. Show them a way up, this will keep them from looking for a way out.

Perot was an average contractor to work for.

SQL Server Database Administrator (Former Employee) Kearneysville, WV

ProsQuality of life is very high at this location.

ConsHigher salaries are to be had if you're willing to look in northern Virginia.

They do not treat their employees well at all

Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) Stanford, CA

ProsTheir lawyers were all VERY friendly, and never said a bad word.

ConsThere were a lot.
      - at least 2 law suits for back pay.
     - Management was mostly by intimidation - If a good Mgr would not intimidate they left. And I saw them try this intimidation methods used on a Veteran. He realized how petty everything there was - and left loss of a good employee
    - They never seemed to know where they were going - So they would step on "it"

Only stayed 'cause out-sourced by Stanford and was maintaining the same app and users

Advice to Senior ManagementThe place was a waste of good people

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It is a Great company to work for

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Fairfax, VA

ProsThe company has excellent staff that values merit. It is a company that promotes those who work hard.

ConsThere are some micro managers that got to the nity greaty detail.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would advise the management to promote with in instead of hiring from the outside.

Fun environment to work in

Field Support Engineer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsSmart and friendly people who are willing to share knowledge to help you grow.

ConsNot many opportunities for growth.

Managed services

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsNew technology, travel, neat projects, multiple verticals, flexible time, great benefits.

ConsOverworked, male dominated culture (good-ole-boy), inappropriate travel incidents, removed domestic partner benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementIntegrity within management is crucial to success.

a good place to grwo

Technical Support (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

Proswe can work freely without pressure and stress. the work culture will be adaptive and good

Conssalary was less when joined and was not the one which was intimated during the time of interview

Advice to Senior Managementcontinue the goosd job

Be proud to be a Perotian

Senior Associate (Former Employee) Coimbatore (India)

ProsBest knowledge on practice management

ConsWork life culture is bad

Horrible recruiters, complete incompetence at most levels of management. Most of which got promoted.

Systems Administration Advisor (Current Employee) Flagstaff, AZ

ProsNothing really. The company seemed hell-bent on increasing profit margins over delivering satisfaction or quality.

ConsCompany was focused on lowering costs and increasing profit margins at the expense of quality of service, ability to deliver service and everything else.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop promoting people that do horrible jobs. Every bit of the management that I interacted with until we were bought by Dell was absolutely awful. Even then almost all of the management was incompetent.

Healthcare BPO services

Adjudicator (Former Employee) Chennai (India)

ProsHealthcare trainings, Hands-on, Friendly HR, Cab facility

ConsToo much of work load, Manager's domination.

Advice to Senior ManagementRequire improvement in team management to understand employees.

Worked for Perot Systems? Contribute to the Community!