Perot Systems

Updated December 29, 2014
Updated December 29, 2014
2.9

Michael S. Dell

Pros
  • Work life balance is very good and they are employee oriented company (in 12 reviews)

• Based on the project you are given work from home (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • dell legacy and dell services are differentiated by the senior management (in 6 reviews)

• With the great pay came long hours, and the work would sometimes be stressful (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

It was a great place

Former Employee - Desktop Support Specialist in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Desktop Support Specialist in Boise, ID

I worked at Perot Systems

Pros

I worked as a desktop support for Perot to a local company. I believe my wages were fair and my boss was great.

Cons

I felt that there was zero chance of COL raises or even raises due to performance.

COL raises are always nice. You can't keep paying people the same amount even after working there for a while and providing excellent work. That just makes people leave.

Know what your getting into

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at Perot Systems

Pros

It is an interesting place to work a lot of interseting projects and to work on. My coworkers are generally very nice people and easy to deal with directly. They have a mission oriented attitude and plan and are driven to succed.

Cons

While my coworkers are nice on a personal level, the internal management polices and practices make it a very difficult place to work. They treat everyone like a temp employee. Your job hangs on the whims of the clients. If a client doesn't like you for any reason your gone. This is spun as having a no bench policy, that enables them to be a lean efficent company. The reality is that is a policy that only benifits the corperate bottom line and is used a tool for controling employees by reminding them that they will be gone tomorrow if the don't tow the line and produce. So, if you comfortable in a very political enviroment where there is not a lot of security it is a nice place to work. I would not recommend it for most people.

Stop treating people as office supplies. They can't be replaced as easily as a printer cartridge.

concerned for Perot employee's

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Perot Systems

Pros

co-workers and the facility are a plus.

Cons

Supervisor with Anger Management issues.

Take a close look at the choices being made as to who will be let go and maybe take a close look at the people making those choices. Are they just A.. kissers or are they in fact productive and not just full of hot air....

Dell Acquisition Changes things

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

I worked at Perot Systems

Pros

The work life balance was pretty good. A lot of projects are mindful of expenses and thus have the flexibiliy to work at home or take 1 week on client site and 1 week off client site.

Cons

They sell a lot of project at a lower price and make up the different through expense savings. This makes it harder for the consultants on the projects.

Listen to your staff and not just the director-level. You need to have respect for all levels and help advance careers other than just staffing as if we are all temps.

Mediocre experience

Former Employee - Sales in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Sales in Plano, TX

I worked at Perot Systems

Pros

Sales salary plus commission or non-commissioned bonus
    Remote work ability - flexibility
    Necessary tools provided by company
    At the time AirPass provided 1st Class flights (I understand this is gone since Dell took over)

Cons

Sales boondoggle trips for only selected individuals
    Little chance for advancement
    Bickering between horizontals
    Sales & IS have adversarial relationships, yet reviews are deep and sales are dependent on them

Analyze the review cycles and realize the money wasted. Find a way to do this more efficiently.

Great place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Perot Systems

Pros

Flexibility in hours, able to work from home, great benefits

Cons

Need more background screening when hiring managers

My experience at Perot Systems was wonderful. Employees are treated as they should be and recognized for their hard work and contributions.

IT Manager

Former Employee - IT Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Perot Systems

Pros

Decent Pay with very high level of stress.

Cons

Senior management do not communicate with lower levels, make key decisions and then spring them on you. Perot Systems was quick to offshore jobs to India and lay off quickly. They was no loyalty to hard work and dedication.

Treat others with respect as you would want to be treated. Dictatorship should have died with Hitler.

Great company for hard workers

Current Employee - Account Operations in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Account Operations in Plano, TX

I have been working at Perot Systems

Pros

Great opportunities for advancement
    Great Leaders

Cons

Compensation is below the average

Keep up the good work! Remember to keep your people informed of all big changes upcoming so we can be supportive rather than resistant.

Once was a decent place to work......not the case anymore!!

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Plano, TX

I have been working at Perot Systems

Pros

Decent pay
    Looks good on your resume

Cons

Constant redundant and counter-productive work
    Dell integration has totally destroyed the moral and processes
    No pay raises and increased benefit premuims caused salaries to actually be DECREASED

Listen to the ones doing the brunt of the work. They are the ones that know that they changes that are being made are not working and the frustration is building. People are leaving the company as steadily as the economy allows them to find other jobs. Some are even taking pay cuts just to get out.

Overall a great company

Current Employee - Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Perot Systems

Pros

I feel the career paths are not well defined at Perot but the opportunities exist if you are looking for them. The company is growing and creating lots of new roles as it evolves. Overall a great place to work with much better benefits after the Dell acquisition.

Cons

Not a lot of transparency on job titles and upper management decision making.

Overall a good job by management. Sometimes I feel that we push a lot of work offshore even when it doesn't make sense.

Perot Systems Photos