Perrigo

Perrigo Reviews

Updated Jul 3, 2014

Perrigo Chairman, President, and CEO Joseph C. Papa

Joseph C. Papa

Pros:
  • "Always looking to further embrace the work-life balance (though it can be a slow process of adaption in some areas)"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Availability of 24/7 gym for all employees located in Allegan"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "Location in small town of Allegan"
    in 3 reviews
  • "Most employees commute from Grand Rapids or Kalamazoo"
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Family atmosphere meets fortune 100 mindset

Allegan, MI

ProsHonesty, integrity and teamwork are just some of the qualities that help shape the culture at Perrigo. Some could point to other positives such as the pay, benefits, flexibility of management, understanding of commitments and deadlines but for me, the best part about working for Perrigo is the collaboration, teamwork and the genuine enthusiasm of helping and watching someone else succeed.

ConsThe only con that comes to mind is with the environment that our business is in we must constantly change and push ourselves to succeed. That change (and sometimes the push) can be difficult at times and often challenging to handle. Many if not all embrace that change but it is an environment of growth, opportunities and change that some find difficult to fully grasp.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to provide growth opportunities and lead us into challenging situations that other companies may not have the talent to succeed. Push and challenge us to deliver. After all, we know at the end of the day we have to meet our toughest critics demands - our own.

Best three years of my career have been at Perrigo!

Supervisor (Current Employee)
    Allegan, MI

ProsGrowth opportunities for hard working individuals, 24/7 fitness center, company store with an annual credit, various shifts to accommodate home life, quarterly bonuses, tuition reimbursement, holiday treats/meals, dedication to continued learning/training, etc.. Overall, a great working environment where everyone is friendly and committed to seeing each other (and the company) succeed.

ConsLocation, although it is definitely worth the drive given the pros of working at Perrigo.

Perrigo is a growing company that has and continues to be employee friendly.

ProsPros: co-workers, location, fair pay, growing. This forces a minimum of twenty words so this is filler. I could go on and on about how satisfied I am.

ConsDiversity of products brings concern about maintaining the size and being the best at growing all segments.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for!

Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee)
    Allegan, MI

ProsPerrigo supports employee development and growth. They offer great training opportunities (internal and external) and encourage employees to broaden their skill set. Perrigo is focused on Quality and works hard to ensure customer satisfaction. They have great benefits, compensation and facilities. In a recent expansion they built a fitness center for employees to use 27/7. They offer free classes, such as Yoga, Zumba, cross-training, etc., and encourage employees to live a healthy lifestyle. This is a great company to work for!

ConsThe biggest con would be the location. Most employees commute from Grand Rapids or Kalamazoo. My drive to work is approximately 50 minutes one way. There are some jobs here that allow for employees to work from home. This flexibility works well for people that have a long commute.

LOVE my job, the company, my coworkers and the HQ

Regulatory Affairs Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Allegan, MI

Prosefficient (no more hour-long weekly recurring meetings full of blather; biweekly half-hour meetings will get cancelled if the project manager has determined there is no new news!), flat (only a few managers between you and the CEO; fewer conflicting interests to attempt pleasing), profit-driven AND employee-centered (HQ just built a small 24/7 gym free for all employees to keep us healthy and improve the bottom line), egalitarian (all employees get a holiday gift and are eligible for bonuses when the company profits), managed with integrity and focus (managers deflect politics like super-ninjas, so you can do your awesome work!), hometown values with global reach (very respectful of family-time, but provides current technology to allow/encourage productivity everywhere), provides the best tech to minimize the psychic pain of administrative necessities like training and performance reviews, coworkers are kind without being nosy and professional without being political, compensation is competative with the biggest pharma in the US, you will work and learn a LOT

Consit would be easier to snowmobile here in the winter, in the spirit of lower overhead there is no cafeteria, but since it is a small town there are very few restaurants to choose from for dining out (lunch), you want to get in at a high level of employment (flat = not lots of opportunities for vanity promotions), better be ready; the workload is no joke

Advice to Senior Managementkeep protecting us from ugly politics and we'll keep working like crazy robots

Best career decision I ever made was to pursue a job a Perrigo

ProsContinuing education and advancement opportunities. Great work/life balance. Family friendly. Increasingly diverse cultural and varied geographic employee population. Very friendly people. Commitment to growth. Very stable with high population of long term employees.

ConsRapid growth is bringing a lot of change. If you find change difficult to manage you may be frustrated. If you see change as an exciting opportunity to learn and grow this is the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease remember the great work/life balance you have consistently provided has kept a lot of talented people here. Please continue to invest in your people and in new technology to help streamline processes.

Great Company with family feel

Operations Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsGreat team of leaders
    Engaged Employees
    Lots of different projects and challenges to keep you busy
    Career avenues outside your department

ConsLots of red tape and changes are implemented slowly..
    Some areas stuck on "always done it this way"
    Communication can be poor between departments and when things change.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep evolving and changing to stay ahead of the competition. It can be very easy when things are good to stay "fat and happy". Make sure we stay one step ahead.

Endless opportunity, consistent growth

Corporate Accounting (Current Employee)
    Allegan, MI

ProsThe pharma industry is booming with no end in sight and Perrigo seems to be in full acquisition mode, acquiring 1-2 companies each year. The leadership team is outstanding and Perrigo is positioned for success in an increasingly competitive market. Salaries are more competitive than most in this geographical area and there is a real focus on professional development.

ConsPerrigo is in Allegan and most people commute at least 30 minutes one-way to work. The drive is worth it, but it's not short no matter how to look at it.

Advice to Senior ManagementMillions of people around the globe rely on Perrigo for their health and well being. Lets not let them down.

Great Company

ProsFamily Oriented company with great morals

ConsNone that i can think of

Great Work Life

Line Lead (Current Employee)
    Greenville, SC

ProsLocation, Work Life Benifits, Compensation-salary

ConsNon at this time check back later

Advice to Senior ManagementStill Thinkging

Worked for Perrigo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Perrigo reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Perrigo CEO Joseph C. Papa. All 65 reviews posted anonymously by Perrigo employees.