Perrigo

Updated December 11, 2014
3.5

Perrigo Chairman, President, and CEO Joseph C. Papa
Joseph C. Papa

Pros
  • Always looking to further embrace the work-life balance (though it can be a slow process of adaption in some areas) (in 9 reviews)

• Great Benefits, opportunities to grow, the culture at the Allegan location is great (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Location is remote and work-life balance is a struggle (in 3 reviews)

• Location in small town of Allegan (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Human Resources Manager

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Allegan, MI
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Allegan, MI

I have been working at Perrigo full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great purpose, product, and work environment. Perrigo is in growth mode with in-your-face opportunities around every corner. Many leaders and individual contributors see the opportunities too.

Cons

None that are out if the ordinary, such as change in infrastructure is not as nimble as it should be considering the acquisition activity.

Remain open to the need to operate differently as well as develop Perrigo's talent considering the changes in landscape. Gotta be proactive.

Most Collaborative Environment!

I have been working at Perrigo full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Onsite 24 hour fitness center, great benefits, flexible schedules, awesome coworkers. Emphasis on wellness and giving back to the surrounding communities and educational institutions. Bonus plans that have consistently paid out.

Cons

location - everyone has to commute to Allegan, small community and no draw to live there. No shopping, no restaurants but fast food, poor downtown.

Keep making the smart acquisition decisions

Best Internship EVER

Former Employee - Analytical R&D in Allegan, MI
    Former Employee - Analytical R&D in Allegan, MI

I worked at Perrigo as an intern (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic work-life balance, truly caring corporation with a real commitment to health and well-being of employees. I was paid very fairly during my four-year internship. Flexible schedules in most lab positions.

Cons

Had a few issues with low-level management during my internship, specifically unequal treatment and compensation with an intern in a similar position with the same background. HR sorted it out eventually, but it bothers me that it went on for so long and probably wouldn't have changed if he hadn't shared with me that his reviews were resulting in a slight raise every term.

Family atmosphere meets fortune 100 mindset

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allegan, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allegan, MI

I have been working at Perrigo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Honesty, integrity and teamwork are just some of the qualities that help shape the culture at Perrigo. Some could point to other positives such as the pay, benefits, flexibility of management, understanding of commitments and deadlines but for me, the best part about working for Perrigo is the collaboration, teamwork and the genuine enthusiasm of helping and watching someone else succeed.

Cons

The only con that comes to mind is with the environment that our business is in we must constantly change and push ourselves to succeed. That change (and sometimes the push) can be difficult at times and often challenging to handle. Many if not all embrace that change but it is an environment of growth, opportunities and change that some find difficult to fully grasp.

Continue to provide growth opportunities and lead us into challenging situations that other companies may not have the talent to succeed. Push and challenge us to deliver. After all, we know at the end of the day we have to meet our toughest critics demands - our own.

Best three years of my career have been at Perrigo!

Current Employee - Supervisor in Allegan, MI
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Allegan, MI

I have been working at Perrigo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Growth opportunities for hard working individuals, 24/7 fitness center, company store with an annual credit, various shifts to accommodate home life, quarterly bonuses, tuition reimbursement, holiday treats/meals, dedication to continued learning/training, etc.. Overall, a great working environment where everyone is friendly and committed to seeing each other (and the company) succeed.

Cons

Location, although it is definitely worth the drive given the pros of working at Perrigo.

Perrigo is a growing company that has and continues to be employee friendly.

I have been working at Perrigo

Pros

Pros: co-workers, location, fair pay, growing. This forces a minimum of twenty words so this is filler. I could go on and on about how satisfied I am.

Cons

Diversity of products brings concern about maintaining the size and being the best at growing all segments.

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer in Allegan, MI
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer in Allegan, MI

I have been working at Perrigo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Perrigo supports employee development and growth. They offer great training opportunities (internal and external) and encourage employees to broaden their skill set. Perrigo is focused on Quality and works hard to ensure customer satisfaction. They have great benefits, compensation and facilities. In a recent expansion they built a fitness center for employees to use 27/7. They offer free classes, such as Yoga, Zumba, cross-training, etc., and encourage employees to live a healthy lifestyle. This is a great company to work for!

Cons

The biggest con would be the location. Most employees commute from Grand Rapids or Kalamazoo. My drive to work is approximately 50 minutes one way. There are some jobs here that allow for employees to work from home. This flexibility works well for people that have a long commute.

LOVE my job, the company, my coworkers and the HQ

Current Employee - Regulatory Affairs Project Manager in Allegan, MI
    Current Employee - Regulatory Affairs Project Manager in Allegan, MI

I have been working at Perrigo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

efficient (no more hour-long weekly recurring meetings full of blather; biweekly half-hour meetings will get cancelled if the project manager has determined there is no new news!), flat (only a few managers between you and the CEO; fewer conflicting interests to attempt pleasing), profit-driven AND employee-centered (HQ just built a small 24/7 gym free for all employees to keep us healthy and improve the bottom line), egalitarian (all employees get a holiday gift and are eligible for bonuses when the company profits), managed with integrity and focus (managers deflect politics like super-ninjas, so you can do your awesome work!), hometown values with global reach (very respectful of family-time, but provides current technology to allow/encourage productivity everywhere), provides the best tech to minimize the psychic pain of administrative necessities like training and performance reviews, coworkers are kind without being nosy and professional without being political, compensation is competative with the biggest pharma in the US, you will work and learn a LOT

Cons

it would be easier to snowmobile here in the winter, in the spirit of lower overhead there is no cafeteria, but since it is a small town there are very few restaurants to choose from for dining out (lunch), you want to get in at a high level of employment (flat = not lots of opportunities for vanity promotions), better be ready; the workload is no joke

keep protecting us from ugly politics and we'll keep working like crazy robots

Best career decision I ever made was to pursue a job a Perrigo

I have been working at Perrigo full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Continuing education and advancement opportunities. Great work/life balance. Family friendly. Increasingly diverse cultural and varied geographic employee population. Very friendly people. Commitment to growth. Very stable with high population of long term employees.

Cons

Rapid growth is bringing a lot of change. If you find change difficult to manage you may be frustrated. If you see change as an exciting opportunity to learn and grow this is the place for you.

Please remember the great work/life balance you have consistently provided has kept a lot of talented people here. Please continue to invest in your people and in new technology to help streamline processes.

Great Company with family feel

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Allegan, MI
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Allegan, MI

I have been working at Perrigo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great team of leaders
    Engaged Employees
    Lots of different projects and challenges to keep you busy
    Career avenues outside your department

Cons

Lots of red tape and changes are implemented slowly..
    Some areas stuck on "always done it this way"
    Communication can be poor between departments and when things change.

Keep evolving and changing to stay ahead of the competition. It can be very easy when things are good to stay "fat and happy". Make sure we stay one step ahead.