Perrigo

Perrigo Reviews

Updated Jul 3, 2014

Perrigo Chairman, President, and CEO Joseph C. Papa

Joseph C. Papa

Pros
  • Always looking to further embrace the work-life balance (though it can be a slow process of adaption in some areas)(in 7 reviews)

• Family Oriented company with great morals(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Location in small town of Allegan(in 3 reviews)

• Most employees commute from Grand Rapids or Kalamazoo(in 3 reviews)

Overall Perrigo I a great company to work for..... However certain areas are under different policies and micromanaged!!

Product Specialist (Former Employee) Gordonsville, VA

ProsGood Pay, Great benefits, Good company, The company shows appreciation to its employees

ConsWorked in a department that had completely different policies than the company. It is micromanaged and managed extremely unfair and favoritism is shown. Policies are not followed for certain people and it is very unfair. People are promoted and/or hired not based on their performance and based on whether the manager likes you.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a look at the way some of the departments are being managed and you will see it is very unfair and rules are bent for certain people. One particular department is very poorly managed and needs to be changed to follow the company/corporate policies.

sucks

Packaging Specialist (Former Employee) Holland, MI

Prosnone worse place to work

Conseverything sucks, bad people from top to bottom

Advice to Senior Managementfocus on employees

Not looking good

QA Technician (Current Employee) Allegan, MI

ProsThe pay is good and benifits

ConsSome Supervisors on the production floor act as if they are running a small country and they are the dictator and disregard HR polices. They are contradictive, rude, and treat employees disrespectfully. HR department does nothing about this, even after many employees complain about the harassment. HR’s structure for internal job opportunities and advancements are told to be based on seniority along with experience at times but that is deceiving; they actually do what they want and play the favoritism game, give advancements and raises to people that suck-up instead of the people that work hard and have more experience for the role. During your yearly review they like to attack your individuality and try to change who you are. I mind my own business and stay out of trouble but yet they look for ways to put you down on your review if you’re not one of those people that suck up to management. Last I looked it’s against the law to discriminate you for who are.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company could be a better place to work for as soon as HR steps up and creates a better policy for equal rights out on the production floor.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dead end

Product Management (Current Employee)

ProsGood starting pay (but don't expect any material increases later on) and good work-life balance.
    It is the perfect place to be if you like to work at company which likes its employees on "auto-pilot" and prefers them no to think too much or be creative.

ConsIt is the "Wal-Mart" of the pharma world.. make the cheapest generics and store brand stuff available.. Because everthing needs to be cheap, everything the company does both in and out is cheap.
    Expect little investment in you unless it is 100% directly and immediately applies to what your are doing. The management mindset is "why would i invest in my employees today if they will leave tomorrow"
    Dead end, most offices are located in small towns in the mid-west and the south. There are usually nothing else around so the company takes advantage of that knowing people will have few other opportunities. In order to move up someone else needs to quit/leave/die.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your employees and look what happens to other business who are trying to be "cheap" - they are stagnant or in decline. (JCP, Wal-Mart...)

Horrible people, horriblemanagement

Tablet Specialist (Current Employee) Allegan, MI

ProsNone, If I could give this a zero star I would.

ConsHigh school all over again

Advice to Senior ManagementStop firing people just because full time employees don't like them.

Don't waste your time

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Allegan, MI

ProsCompany store where you can get free and discounted products. Good location between two large cities, a commutable distance and close to the lakeshore.

ConsManagement does not have any loyalty to employees and will throw you under the bus to save their own skin. Most of the employees that work there commute and are very negative about the local area and population.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to not only listen to the feedback that employees are giving them but take action on that feedback.

beware of this company...it's not all they think

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosi learned....this was the worst job i have ever had..............it was so demeaning and management allowed it.

Consunfair labor practices,management, OSHA does not apply to them, not very friendly, beware
    i was treated very unfairly.

Advice to Senior Managementcheck your lines leaders and then check your supervisors. not a good experience. and employees should check their mouths at the door. language is not good at perrigo. if you don't like cussing stay away.

Good at the corporate level, challenging at the local level

ProsA new company with new people and good infrastructure. Being a global company its global policies are excellent.

ConsBeing a new company, the plan for the next few years are weak. should have patience to see where it goes. Also the site is small and can expect no further addition to its infrastructre which means that stagnation can develop faster here.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove local policies and impelment them with the spirit that it desreves

Poor management, and regulation with employee disputes

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Allegan, MI

Prosonly three days a week

Conspoor management
    locations
     hours
    a lot of favoritism

Stable company but bad regulatory affairs department

Perrigo - Regulatory Affairs (Current Employee) Allegan, MI

Pros- Stable company
    - Good benifits

Cons- Inconsistent pipeline
    - mixed management direction
    - RA dept led by incompetent management
    - ill rationale RA polices and procedures
    - no place for good advice

Advice to Senior Management-RA mangement should grow up, stop acting like fools.

Worked for Perrigo? Contribute to the Community!