Perrigo Reviews

Updated September 8, 2014
3.4

Perrigo Chairman, President, and CEO Joseph C. Papa
Joseph C. Papa

Pros
  • Always looking to further embrace the work-life balance (though it can be a slow process of adaption in some areas) (in 7 reviews)

• Family Oriented company with great morals (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Location in small town of Allegan (in 3 reviews)

• Most employees commute from Grand Rapids or Kalamazoo (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

They are all about the business

I worked at Perrigo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company that's been around for years and knows exactly who they are. Typically good people to work with, decent employees.

Cons

Management isn't upfront with employees on new acquisitions. Make new employees feel as if they are apart of team, but then pull the plug on their division without warning.

Quality of Work experience depends on which location you work for.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Holland, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Holland, MI

I have been working at Perrigo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Benefits, opportunities to grow, the culture at the Allegan location is great. The work-life balance is all right- you can be stuck on a shift for years before getting the opportunity to change shifts.

Cons

My cons really have to do with one specific site of the company. I have worked both at the Allegan location and at the Holland location. I should not have moved from Allegan to Holland. The Holland location of Perrigo is run like it's the 1980's, in the way it treats safety, gender, and harassment in the workplace. Supposed "zero-tolerance" policies for drug abuse, safety, or harassment are never actually used, nor do problem employees get demoted or transferred. If you're looking for a respectful environment to work in, look elsewhere.

The management from Allegan should really audit the Holland site to root out the bad managers and discover all the problems with the work culture.

Best Internship EVER

Former Employee - Analytical R&D  in  Allegan, MI
    Former Employee - Analytical R&D in Allegan, MI

I worked at Perrigo as an intern for more than 3 years

Pros

Fantastic work-life balance, truly caring corporation with a real commitment to health and well-being of employees. I was paid very fairly during my four-year internship. Flexible schedules in most lab positions.

Cons

Had a few issues with low-level management during my internship, specifically unequal treatment and compensation with an intern in a similar position with the same background. HR sorted it out eventually, but it bothers me that it went on for so long and probably wouldn't have changed if he hadn't shared with me that his reviews were resulting in a slight raise every term.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Management suck,

I worked at Perrigo full-time

Pros

Good pay and benefits, not much else but this app won't let me go further until I write twenty words or more.

Cons

Cry babies, everyone in everyone's business,only the squeaky wheels get greased, brown nosers get promoted

Listen to your people more

Great insurance as of fiscal year 2013. Management on executive level is amazing. Management on floor could be better.

Current Employee - Packaging Specialist  in  Allegan, MI
    Current Employee - Packaging Specialist in Allegan, MI

I have been working at Perrigo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Bonus every quarter. Fitness center along with discounted insurance for being healthy. CEO is one of the best. Very strong core values. Perrigo has many internal job options, help with college, and is very family centered. Job is one of the easiest I have ever had. Lots of training involved.

Cons

Very little direct hire. Most jobs w/o degree require temp service to become full time. Time ranges from one month to one year to be hired.

Communication needs to be improved. Fitness center should be offered to anyone who is required to do the PWP. Trainers should be paid more for leading lines.

This is good company If you want to be employee of Yes Boss

Current Employee - Senior Research Scientist  in  Piscataway, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Research Scientist in Piscataway, NJ

I have been working at Perrigo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

CEO of company is smart man making stock value to grow day by day

Cons

No professional growth even though if you work for years

It is world Largest OTC company but Not to be too discreminative towards upcoming employees growth

Family atmosphere meets fortune 100 mindset

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Allegan, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allegan, MI

I have been working at Perrigo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Honesty, integrity and teamwork are just some of the qualities that help shape the culture at Perrigo. Some could point to other positives such as the pay, benefits, flexibility of management, understanding of commitments and deadlines but for me, the best part about working for Perrigo is the collaboration, teamwork and the genuine enthusiasm of helping and watching someone else succeed.

Cons

The only con that comes to mind is with the environment that our business is in we must constantly change and push ourselves to succeed. That change (and sometimes the push) can be difficult at times and often challenging to handle. Many if not all embrace that change but it is an environment of growth, opportunities and change that some find difficult to fully grasp.

Continue to provide growth opportunities and lead us into challenging situations that other companies may not have the talent to succeed. Push and challenge us to deliver. After all, we know at the end of the day we have to meet our toughest critics demands - our own.

Ok starter job

I have been working at Perrigo

Pros

People are nice, friendly atmosphere and great benefits. Great place to learn and get experience. Very family oriented is nice as well

Cons

Pay is mediocre, location stinks. Nothing around for lunch or get a cup of coffee. A lot of people seem content with where they are and hard for others to advance

Listen to your staff and pay more attention to the details.

Best three years of my career have been at Perrigo!

Current Employee - Supervisor  in  Allegan, MI
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Allegan, MI

I have been working at Perrigo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Growth opportunities for hard working individuals, 24/7 fitness center, company store with an annual credit, various shifts to accommodate home life, quarterly bonuses, tuition reimbursement, holiday treats/meals, dedication to continued learning/training, etc.. Overall, a great working environment where everyone is friendly and committed to seeing each other (and the company) succeed.

Cons

Location, although it is definitely worth the drive given the pros of working at Perrigo.

Senior Support Specialist

Former Employee - Senior Support Specialist  in  Gordonsville, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Support Specialist in Gordonsville, VA

I worked at Perrigo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay. Good insurance. Would be a great job if you do not have young children.

Cons

Rude people. They make your job harder than it should be. Their attendance policy needs improvement! I had a high risk pregnancy and missed time from work due to emergency appointments or appointments scheduled in advance, and was threatened to be fired.

Some availability for advancement. They favor people, and advance people who have little to no education.

Worked for Perrigo? Contribute to the Community!