Perrigo

Updated December 11, 2014
3.5

Perrigo Chairman, President, and CEO Joseph C. Papa
Joseph C. Papa

Pros
  • Always looking to further embrace the work-life balance (though it can be a slow process of adaption in some areas) (in 9 reviews)

• Great Benefits, opportunities to grow, the culture at the Allegan location is great (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Location is remote and work-life balance is a struggle (in 3 reviews)

• Location in small town of Allegan (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Management suck,

I worked at Perrigo full-time

Pros

Good pay and benefits, not much else but this app won't let me go further until I write twenty words or more.

Cons

Cry babies, everyone in everyone's business,only the squeaky wheels get greased, brown nosers get promoted

Listen to your people more

Family atmosphere meets fortune 100 mindset

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allegan, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allegan, MI

I have been working at Perrigo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Honesty, integrity and teamwork are just some of the qualities that help shape the culture at Perrigo. Some could point to other positives such as the pay, benefits, flexibility of management, understanding of commitments and deadlines but for me, the best part about working for Perrigo is the collaboration, teamwork and the genuine enthusiasm of helping and watching someone else succeed.

Cons

The only con that comes to mind is with the environment that our business is in we must constantly change and push ourselves to succeed. That change (and sometimes the push) can be difficult at times and often challenging to handle. Many if not all embrace that change but it is an environment of growth, opportunities and change that some find difficult to fully grasp.

Continue to provide growth opportunities and lead us into challenging situations that other companies may not have the talent to succeed. Push and challenge us to deliver. After all, we know at the end of the day we have to meet our toughest critics demands - our own.

This is good company If you want to be employee of Yes Boss

Current Employee - Senior Research Scientist in Piscataway, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Research Scientist in Piscataway, NJ

I have been working at Perrigo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

CEO of company is smart man making stock value to grow day by day

Cons

No professional growth even though if you work for years

It is world Largest OTC company but Not to be too discreminative towards upcoming employees growth

Ok starter job

I have been working at Perrigo

Pros

People are nice, friendly atmosphere and great benefits. Great place to learn and get experience. Very family oriented is nice as well

Cons

Pay is mediocre, location stinks. Nothing around for lunch or get a cup of coffee. A lot of people seem content with where they are and hard for others to advance

Listen to your staff and pay more attention to the details.

Best three years of my career have been at Perrigo!

Current Employee - Supervisor in Allegan, MI
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Allegan, MI

I have been working at Perrigo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Growth opportunities for hard working individuals, 24/7 fitness center, company store with an annual credit, various shifts to accommodate home life, quarterly bonuses, tuition reimbursement, holiday treats/meals, dedication to continued learning/training, etc.. Overall, a great working environment where everyone is friendly and committed to seeing each other (and the company) succeed.

Cons

Location, although it is definitely worth the drive given the pros of working at Perrigo.

Senior Support Specialist

Former Employee - Senior Support Specialist in Gordonsville, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Support Specialist in Gordonsville, VA

I worked at Perrigo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay. Good insurance. Would be a great job if you do not have young children.

Cons

Rude people. They make your job harder than it should be. Their attendance policy needs improvement! I had a high risk pregnancy and missed time from work due to emergency appointments or appointments scheduled in advance, and was threatened to be fired.

Some availability for advancement. They favor people, and advance people who have little to no education.

What to expect at Perrigo- Lower Manufacturing positions or College Grad looking to start Career

I worked at Perrigo full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great pay and excellent benefits for factory positions that do not require secondary education or a college degree and you can work your way up to lower leadership levels with bigger buck in due time with good work ethic. The coworkers were great for the most part, some "groups" could be catty/gossipy think high school cliques.

Cons

For factory positions unless you are buddy-buddy with someone in HR you HAVE to work as a temp through Manpower to get hired in and that can take a year or a couple of months if you are lucky. And you may start out on 1st shift day's while you are on Manpower, but do not expect to stay there. You have to switch to Nights or Evening 2nd shift to get hired in. If you want day shift that is going to take about 3-10 years maybe more depending on employee supply and demand. If you have a degree and NO Manufacturing/Factory experience expect to put a couple of years in before they hire you for those professional positions. You will start out going through Manpower working with the other Joe's on the line, you have to show them that you will stay "at least a year" and then you need to rub shoulder's with the supervisor's and management. I just couldn't stick it out anymore when the switch came to 12 hr. graveyard shift. I was the walking dead. If you put your time in and avoid the "busybody's" it's a great company

There was some very obvious favoritism going on with employees, but that is the only negative thing I can say. Professionally they did well to address needs of business and needs of employees even though some employees needs were met more than others

Overall Perrigo I a great company to work for..... However certain areas are under different policies and micromanaged!!

Former Employee - Product Specialist in Gordonsville, VA
    Former Employee - Product Specialist in Gordonsville, VA

I worked at Perrigo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good Pay, Great benefits, Good company, The company shows appreciation to its employees

Cons

Worked in a department that had completely different policies than the company. It is micromanaged and managed extremely unfair and favoritism is shown. Policies are not followed for certain people and it is very unfair. People are promoted and/or hired not based on their performance and based on whether the manager likes you.

Take a look at the way some of the departments are being managed and you will see it is very unfair and rules are bent for certain people. One particular department is very poorly managed and needs to be changed to follow the company/corporate policies.

Good at the corporate level, challenging at the local level

I have been working at Perrigo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A new company with new people and good infrastructure. Being a global company its global policies are excellent.

Cons

Being a new company, the plan for the next few years are weak. should have patience to see where it goes. Also the site is small and can expect no further addition to its infrastructre which means that stagnation can develop faster here.

Improve local policies and impelment them with the spirit that it desreves

Current Employee - Quality Lab Technician II in Allegan, MI
    Current Employee - Quality Lab Technician II in Allegan, MI

I have been working at Perrigo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

quarterly bonuses, clear objectives for analysts

Cons

limited advancement, not a lot of flexibility given to employees.

give more flexibility to employees