Perry Ellis International

Be The First To
Add Photos

Perry Ellis International Chairman and CEO George Feldenkreis

George Feldenkreis

Pros
  • This is a great place to learn from all aspect of design and production(in 3 reviews)

• great place to learn, you have to wear many hats because of the limited amount of resources(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • It's sometimes run too mom and pop for such a large organization(in 3 reviews)

• Senior management like the gossip and like to micro manage(in 4 reviews)

Original Penguin is a great company to work with if you don't care to move up.

Key Holder (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe best part about working at The Original Penguin was the manager. Great person and great management skills. The employees all got along which was another plus. Promotions were great which drove consumers into the store.

ConsChallenges were the false promises from the company of bonuses. The company orients everything around driving sales and to do so they make everything a game. Which every employee reaches the goal wins a certain amount of money which never was given to us.

Advice to Senior ManagementFrom what I hear all the upper management has been removed and all the unnecessary drama has disappeared which was definitely what was needed for the company.

PERY

Designer (Former Employee) Miami, FL

Prosstable job and income, good benefits and perks. looks good on resume.

Consnot exciting, no room for growth, upper management is unqualified and outdated, micro management from senior and director positions. After HR works with you during your initial hire you will never hear from them again. They don't take surveys or see if you are happy in your current position. They don't plan potential career growth within the company.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep your top talent! if they want to leave, find out why. bring in young, fresh new talent. especially in your MIS and Marketing department. unqualified employees go unnoticed, do anonymous surveys to get feedback about peers and track work productivity of those who are flagged. setup reward system for those who exceed expectations.

Good Luck

Merchandising (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThey seem to hire qualified people with integrity and a strong work ethic. Co-workers were the best part of the job.

ConsOwners do not care about their employees and treat them like they are disposable.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees better and perhaps that would also reflect in your companies success.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Perry Ellis

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsThey paid a good salary. A very creative team.

ConsVery disconnected supervisor. Unrealistic work load.

very nice company to work for, too many lay offs when budget isn't met

Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) Commerce, CA

ProsBenefits and staff are great

ConsCompany will lay you off when times get a little bad

Over all good

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Grapevine, TX

Proscool people , cool music playing in the store

Consrepetitive work, too much time spent on repetitive tasks.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave you employees do things in timed shifts so that We dont spend hours doing the same thing. But over all alot of fun and a positive experience.

AAE

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits, clothing discounts, summers Fridays for NY office

ConsFeeling lost in the shuffle of a large company. Little room for growth.

Positive so far.

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsIt is very friendly and comfortable, the training is good but the benefits can be improve.

ConsThey don't promote within, they rather hire from the outside.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease consider treating your employee's like grown adults.

If you have any other job opportunities, then choose your other option and stay away from this company

Senior Manager/Director (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsNice company name to have on your resume. Nice people around you that try hard to do a good job and try to be dedicated but would like to be appreciated and recognized. Pay level is average. Growth opportunities are average. All depends on the specific office,location and position you are in.

ConsExecutive and top Senior level management do not recognize and appropriately reward your efforts. One Senior VP who had been there since the beginning of the company (30+ years) once said " They never appreciate anything" . You are always considered expendable and there is zero job security. There is no Human Resources department to protect your rights as an employee. Knee-jerk reactions to stock prices which causes lay-offs and reductions in force. Your career is a roller-coaster ride based on very subjective data..

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate the hard work and efforts of your employees. Without them, you could not have your stable of expensive cars, planes and mansions. Get a real HR department. It could have long term benefits to support company growth rather than short-sighted decisions.

Mixed Messages

ProsTop management makes a point of knowing all executives and managers by first name and is accessible. Generally, a pleasant environment.

ConsLarge corporation run like a mom and pop operation. Poor follow-up. Need to chase incessantly for answers to questions. There is a fear of making decisions and those made are frequently reversed causing confusion.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide direction and leadership. Do not be a ship without a rudder. Stop the contradictions. Pay attention to what is occurring on the inside of your operation in a timely way rather than when it is obviously too late.

Worked for Perry Ellis International? Contribute to the Community!