Perry Ellis International Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Great place to work but lots of turn around in the Commerce Office.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Commerce, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Commerce, CA

Pros

great benefits, vacation, 401k, some good employees

Cons

no one last.. either they get laid off or people quit. Too many Cooks in the kitchen. Moral is really bad there.

Advice to Management

quit letting go the all the good employees

Great opportunity if you make the most of it...broken policies at the core.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Perry Ellis International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some very passionate and talented individuals.

Cons

Upper management is completely impenetrable - also unethical. Salary and benefits are not competitive. All of the good employees end up leaving for better opportunities.

Advice to Management

It is very obvious that you do not have your employees' best interests in mind. You are slowly but surely losing your best assets - the dedicated employees that help you run and work tirelessly.

3. Really like it here so far

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Perry Ellis International part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The managers are very nice and the people i work with are amazing. They are the reason i love my job so much. There are times when we can mess around but we all know when things need to be done. My schedule is pretty flexible too as far as hours go. It's a fun place to work at.

Cons

*It can get so busy its hard to keep up *Hours are usually all over *got no formal training. Learned from watching other people and learning from other employees

Overworked, Underpaid, & Disrespected

Pros

- a select few individuals who are genuine and forthcoming with mentoring new employees and are committed to the company success as a whole. I can also name them all on one hand.

Cons

No room for growth. The entire company works in silos, there is minimal communication or direction, and there is a disconnect between upper management and the back bone of the company the worker bees.

Advice to Management

Figure out who you are designing for, is it for a customer? or for your own lazy sales team? Its hard to promote productivity and internal growth among your divisions, when no one knows what the objective is. Time off is limited and frowned upon, work hours are 9+. Human resources department is a joke, minimal help in regard to work and team issues, and completely mishandles any concerns when they deal with upper management.

Uninspired

Former Employee - Technical Designer in Commerce, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Designer in Commerce, CA

I worked at Perry Ellis International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are quite a few talented people who work here, and it is possible to make good friends. However, it is likely to bond over general dissatisfaction about the company culture than actual team bonding.

Cons

Job security is non-existent. Entire departments may be dismissed in a day without warning. Overall work atmosphere feels uninspired and does not feel like a creative environment.

Advice to Management

Focus on building a more refined brand portfolio, don't spread yourself too thin by acquiring too many mediocre or has-been brands. Grow your current product base by promoting talent from within.

Bad but not completely horrible

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Perry Ellis International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Since they refuse to hire help or fill positions of those who leave, you are forced to do the job of 3 people and therefore you tend learn quite a bit. The people who do the actual work, the worker bees, are great people to work with.

Cons

Family first - not your family though. Family and friends are put in positions where they have no actual knowledge or education for said position. Board members children given salaries for "jobs" they don't actually do. Money is spent on failed children's attempt at a clothing line. Travel agency are family friends, health insurance company are family friends. At least two SVP and VPs retain their positions because they are family friends even though numerous employees have quit because said higher up is abusive and lacks any real talent or knowledge except doing favors for the family. This company has lost LOTS of talented people to other companies because they continue to work in what's in their personal best interest and not that of the company.

Advice to Management

Let's people do the jobs they were hired to do. Remember that respected employees are in turn happy employees and will do more for you.

8. Perry Ellis

Pros

Easy job to work at.

Cons

There is not room to move up in the company at all.

working for the blind

Pros

Wonderful Co-workers. Very nice staff.

Cons

No incentives, no ability to grow. All upper management at not going anywheres so there is no one place for anyone to grow. The company is static.

10. Perry Ellis helped in the development in customer service.

Pros

Personally the best part of working with this company was its loyal customers.

Cons

The location I was placed had a horrible team and its management team was just as awful.

New job, hard time

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Perry Ellis International part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to learn new things on how to do your job.

Cons

People are hard on you and you are very new. Make you feel bad and disapprove you. Gossip. Dirty looks. The hours given for a high school student.

Advice to Management

I feel the disapproval from one of the managers and a employee. I feel picked on and discriminated for the work I tried doing. They made me feel bad. I speak to customers and I don't speak loud enough for the whole store to hear me and for the manager in the back because I am still shy with speaking very loud. I try my best but it just doesn't come out and the manager does not understand that. I feel pushed. It was only my second day and I was a wreck. I need to take my time to get the hang of things. Improving is a working process, I can't get it right away. Especially being a high school student. My hours suck. I have school to worry about and homework. The long painful hours kill me and destroy my sleep. They don't really train me. They show me one time and I have to know it. Kinda hard since it is my first job.

RSS Feed </> Embed