Pershing
www.pershing.com Jersey City, NJ 1000 to 5000 Employees

Pershing Reviews

Updated Jun 18, 2014
Pershing – Lake Mary – “Building from the road.”

Ron DeCicco

Pros:
  • "Work life balance, Environment ,Nature of Job"
    in 10 reviews
  • "Great Place to work & Less Pressure to work"
    in 7 reviews
Cons:
  • "Unrealistic expectations, no work life balance and poor leadership"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Congratulations to Pershing senior management"
    in 10 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great place to work if you just want to show up and get payed.

Customer Processing Associate (Current Employee)
    Lake Mary, FL

ProsThe work is easy after a year and low stress. Low work hours.

ConsSlow growth and little to no raises/bonuses.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave some level of advancement path for those who want to work hard and advance there careers.

Nothing is good about Pershing/BNY Mellon

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPaychecks did not bounce
    Did not have to do any work

ConsWhere to start...
    When our company was bought by Pershing and then smashed together with our competitor we all felt a little sick. Its been 3 years later and the company is still not integrated. Senior leadership shut down all development, started outsourcing all of its technologies and refused to commit to any major decision. After about a year our clients started to complain so in order to keep the company running we had to cut all of our pricing significantly. This meant horrible raises and bonuses for years. Even though BNY Mellon was making billions of dollars in profit per quarter we kept getting emails saying that "times were tough" and that raises would be cut again.

The technology was a joke, especially considering we were supposedly a "technology" company. Our infrastructure was embarrassing. Tech support was ridiculous and BNY made it very clear that it was not changing anything anytime soon.

The company is an utter failure and all of the senior leadership should be fired. The technology team is filled with people that know nothing about technology. The COO (initials TM) is despised by everything she works with, and with good reason. I refused to work with her because of the way that she talked to me and my coworkers.

Its a shame because companies like this have put other companies out of business, not because it offers a decent product but rather that it has the backing of a mammoth of a company (BNY). Again, this merged company failed. Completely failed.

I left the company about 2 years after Pershing acquired us. It did not take us long to realize that it was about to get a lot worse after the acquisition. At this point all of the people that have any skills have left. I understand that 1 of our 4 remaining presidents is resigning. Instead of walking away with who knows how much money in severance, he should be walked around the office so all 300 people can say, to his face, how much working for him has been a waste of a career.

Its a shame. As a small business we were successful and happy. This is what happens when a huge bank takes over. They should be ashamed of themselves. One moment that I will never forget was the day that we got an email from the CEO asking that we each donate to the BNY Super Pack. He says it was important that the government did not do anything that would harm financial institutions in any way. I'm one of those crazy people that can't stand the power that big banks have. The truth is that if Pershing would go away as a company the world would be better off. The employees would be happier elsewhere and the clients would absolutely be better off.

Congratulations to Pershing senior management. You've accomplished nothing except make 300 people miserable. You ruined 2 successful companies and you left the company in such bad shape that I'm not sure how it will recover.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind another career

Worst company in Wall Street

Assistant Vice President (Former Employee)

ProsGood commute
    Good work from home facility
    Good to relax if you dont want to do any work.

ConsFull of politics
    You can advance only if your manager likes you.
    HR is a big joke.
    Pathetic technology - i bet you won't get a job outside.
    Too many lifers in the company who doesn't let anybody to work

Advice to Senior ManagementGod Bless Pershing

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ok company to work for as an IT professional

Quality Assurance (Former Employee)
    Jersey City, NJ

ProsFlexible work schedule, telecommuting options...

ConsNo room for professional growth

Great place to work everyday

Assistant Vice President (Current Employee)
    Philadelphia, PA

ProsPershing is a great place to work because of its industry

ConsAt Pershing , I think career advancement is slow

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease take care of the career of your employees

Great learning experience

Corporate Intern (Former Employee)

ProsFriendly Environment. Great Leadership. Always had every question answered. The really wanted me to learn.

ConsWould have like more specific computer training

Work Hard, You'll Go far

Project Manager (Former Employee)
    Jersey City, NJ

ProsIf you work hard, you will be rewarded..

ConsYou will have to work long hours. Not a good place to work if you want work/life balance.

If politics and underperformance is your thing....

Product Development (Current Employee)
    Jersey City, NJ

ProsYou can hide for 3 years before anyone really notices if you play your cards right.

ConsRead some of the posts. all the same. Politics rule the day. Incompetent people who know how to play the game survive forever.
    Passion is not rewarded.
    Butt-kissing is

Advice to Senior ManagementClean House

Incompetency rules over knowledge

Vice President (Current Employee)
    Philadelphia, PA

ProsThe only reason to work at Pershing is if you don’t want any responsibilities and do not care about advancement or receiving a fair market salary. However the people are nice even though 90% of them are miserable working there except for the ones that are cheerleaders for their managers in the hopes of getting a scrap of recognition.

ConsTruly too many to list...
    No documentation on how to do anything
    Reliance on their vendors to be their experts, no in-house expertise on anything
    Too many process that lead to nowhere
    Circular authorization. Example the person submitting the request eventually has to re-submit why they wanted in the first place. In some case they have to be the final approver of their own request.
    Most departments don't actually understand their job function, or why they do what they do.
    Frustrating. Most employees are frustrated and they end up not caring about their work which leads to poor work.
    The adage of "It's not what you know, its' who you know" is the only way to get recognized
    They pay new hires more than the managers who manage them. Has lead to make employees quitting.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen..its that simple. Get rid of anyone who's been there more than 10 years as they are part of the problem, could mean your including yourself. Retain the people that can make a difference and empower them to do so. And finally listen again, if you do this the company could become one of the best places to work instead of the worst.

Decent place to work for

Associate (Current Employee)
    Jersey City, NJ

ProsPershing's work life balance is decent. Management overall is very supportive. There are lots of nice and smart people to work with.

ConsThere aren't many opportunities opening up. Most of the positions that do open up are being transferred over to Lake Mary, Florida.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Worked for Pershing? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pershing reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pershing CEO Ron DeCicco. All 92 reviews posted anonymously by Pershing employees.