Personify Reviews

Eric Thurston
1 Rating

1. Be Personified

I worked at Personify

Pros

Not a very large company, so it executives were accessible.

Cons

Atmosphere was very draining over time.

Advice to Management

Innovation and Creativity

I split my duties at Personify between two teams and two offices

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at Personify full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The companies willingness to embrace new technologies and ideas was what attracted me to the position - in the teams I worked with that is still the case

Cons

One of the teams I worked with was new and so was my position, the other team was rolling out a new product and the two teams were in different cities. These situations created difficulties in what my responsibilities were, where my priorities lay and as my role was not included in the budgets of the existing projects I was asked to work on I had trouble logging sufficient billable hours. This situation was not resolved for the year I was working there and so I left as I was not enjoying the environment.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in the UX web design and workflows that were initiated as these services are real benefits to the clients' end product

Transitioning company headed in the right direction

I have been working at Personify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is in transition right now, which is actually a good thing. You can feel the efforts to improve an already solid company culture and structure. The Austin office is very casual, there's a ping pong table, and a foosball table. Management really listens to what you have to say and takes it into consideration. Also, our office is very modern and in a beautiful part of town.

Cons

No cons as of yet!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing with the transparency and respect!

Good place to start

I have been working at Personify

Pros

Casual good learning experience good leadership

Cons

None to mention at this time

Company is in Transition - Still a Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

I have been working at Personify full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great group of smart people
    -Company celebrations (birthday celebrations, employee events (foosball ball tournaments, etc).
    -Community service (Personify partners with a special needs school and has autistic interns come in to learn on the job skills).

Cons

-PTO is just standard (could be more competitive)
    -Middle level management is sometimes not on the same page as the executive team

Advice to Management

-Continue to be present and transparent to the organization from executive level down to all employees

So far I've really enjoyed the job.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Personify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started at the Austin location over this last summer. I appreciate the fact that we were given a 12 week boot camp to learn the product and get to know some of the senior developers and staff.
    Upon finishing boot camp we were all assigned various tasks, mentors and projects based on our strengths and experience.
    The team in Austin is like a start up. It's fun and everyone is pretty friendly. There are groups that go out to lunch together and play ping pong together.
    The office space is new and very clean with a great view facing Lake Travis.
    Overall it's a great place. The grass is always going to be greener and people can find things to be unhappy about especially during a transitional time.

Cons

There are always cons. It's a job not a vacation.

Advice to Management

Communicate more succinctly during all staff meetings.

8. Great Company in Transition

I have been working at Personify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Wonderful people to work with
    -Management/Executives are looking ahead and planning how to improve many areas of the company
    -Competitive Pay
    -Flexible with hours
    -They celebrate birthdays, holidays and achievements in the office (fun for the team)
    -Improved health benefits
    -They enjoy having fun in the office as well as working hard

Cons

-Big changes have taken place in the company in the last year. Although I think this is actually a great thing there are still many people opposing the changes that have been made. This can cause a lot of stress and bad feelings that get passed on through employees.

Advice to Management

Communicate even more about the positive changes and the "why" behind the changes we have gone through. Keep celebrating the hard work of the employees in all of the departments, it's great to hear of the small achievements. Focus even more on employee morale (although you're doing pretty good now) to help get us through the tough part of the changes. Otherwise keep up the great work and keep focusing on how we can reach the goal of being the best place to work!

9. Was a great company but unclear if employees matter anymore

I have been working at Personify full-time

Pros

Was flexible, transparent, entrepreneurial. Challenging work, nice clients.

Cons

New owners do not make SMEs and main contributors feel valued. Promises are made that better times are ahead, but for whom?

Advice to Management

Take a good look at who does the real work at this company and make THEM feel special. Just because someone strove for a 'manager' title before the buyout does not mean they are the most valuable.

As Personify is going through management changes, at this time many long time and loyal employees are leaving or fired.

Current Employee - Software Support Specialist in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Software Support Specialist in Vienna, VA

I have been working at Personify full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Personify provides very flexible work schedules.
    Current employees are very friendly and adamant at helping new employees become adequate with their new position.

Cons

Lack of communication between client department transitions.
    When started, complete lack of any training on application.
    Overall increase of completed billable hours.
    Provides lackluster treatment to employees., especially with the release of employees.

Advice to Management

The treatment of your employees needs to improve tremendously. Tentative of the changes, but am optimistic that this will greatly help the overall status of the company.

Leaving was the best thing I ever did

I worked at Personify full-time

Pros

The bonus's were decent IF you could hit the numbers. Easiest way to do that is to lie on your time sheet.

Cons

Notice the reviews that say "if you work hard, you'll get ahead"? That translates to: "You better bill enough hours of you will be fired". Unfortunately, billing the mandatory number of hours is not always an option. Things can happen which require non-billable hours... but you better not be the one they happen to! If they do, your best bet is to lie to management and the client about what is really going on... bill hours for work that you haven't performed... I mean, I rather hit my numbers and get my bonus than not and get fired. And you say you want me to lend and hand and help you with your project? Are your hours billable? No? Then GFY.

Advice to Management

I don't care about your inappropriate relationships, but quit screwing your employees.

RSS Feed </> Embed