Perspectives Charter Schools

Perspectives Charter Schools Reviews

Updated Jun 23, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

I learned how to be a team player while working at Perspectives Charter School.

Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe best reasons for working with Perspectives was the people are like family.

ConsI did always like the decisions management made within the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk with the employess and get their ideas regarding changes to the organization.

The company is in need of dedicated employees and real job descriptions.

Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe company's employees were friendly to work with.

ConsThe unstructured departments left me wondering which person is in charge to assist others.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet job descriptions and stand by them.

The best learning experience I have had in my employment history.

Paraprofessional (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsAn organization that allows room for personal and professional growth and development.

ConsAs with any educational institution, politics play a major role. That being said, if you aren't comfortable with playing the political game, being an educator is not for you.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great staff, not great leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsStaff members are collaborative and caring. 95% of teachers are there for the right reasons and do the best they can each day with what they are provided.

ConsPrincipals and leaders are disconnected with what goes on in the classroom. They are not trained to inspire or motivate us to do our jobs better. There is no curriculum and people are not evaluated properly to do their jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive compliments to your teachers, make sure they are praised and satisfied on the job. Make sure you evaluate fairly and provide a streamlined curriculum through the grades.

Hard working people

Teacher (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsAlmost everyone you work with cares about the kids and works very hard

ConsThere is little work life balance and a lot is demanded of you, including giving up all of your prep periods and not having lunch.

Advice to Senior ManagementTeachers need planning time and time to complete the data analytics you request of them.

Staff can be a trip but the point of it all outweighs the shortcoming..

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsHelping urban youth
    great schedule
    demanding but rewarding

Constoo many TFA teachers
    high turnover rate
    inconsistent communication from leadership
    long hours

Advice to Senior Managementhigher the best leaders to better structure the schools
    only allow 20% of staff to be TFA to reduce turnovers
    provide tuition reimbursement, that might reduce your turnovers
    don't change your mind about stuff in the middle of the school year

I can never do enough to satisfy the administration.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe students at Perspectives are mostly wonderful. They have a choice where they go to school and many of them choose Perspectives because of the focus on college. They are bought in to the character education program at the school and generally do well as far as behavior goes.

ConsThe expectations are unreasonable. It seems like every week something else is added to the mandatory to-do list for teachers and so nothing gets done well. Additionally all of these things take away from actually teaching which hurts the students. Major behavior issues with students are not addressed to the extent that they should be sometimes.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on one or two things to improve about the school at a time. Trying to create a revolution is unsuccessful and creates anxiety and an inability for teachers and students to adapt. If everyone focused on doing a few things really well, positive change would happen.

Teaching

English Teacher (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsPerspectives has a highly motivated team, provides opportunities for very fulfilling work, and maintains a supportive leadership team in their effort to provide educational equality.

ConsZERO work/life balance exists within this school.

Advice to Senior ManagementSustainability

Worked for Perspectives Charter Schools? Contribute to the Community!